Gavita pro 600 / LEP 300 PLASMA test

• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks guys. I will come back to chat in a day or so as my fingers are playing up.

So ill keep this update short and sweet.

Day 24

All going great. Support net installed.

Cut out root excelurator and now at full dose CX Superior Potash and Head Masta.

Stopped any calmag now as well. EC around 1.8. I will not go any higher on this run.

Took shots with HIDs off for better colours etc.

Day 24 and the leaf on the ipad at the end is from a sour D D**

gavtestday24_1_.JPG

gavtestday24_2_.JPG

gavtestday24_3_.JPG

gavtestday24_4_.JPG

gavtestday24_5_.JPG

gavtestday24_6_.JPG

gavtestday24_7_.JPG

gavtestday24_8_.JPG

gavtestday24_9_.JPG

gavtestday24_10_.JPG

gavtestday24_11_.JPG

gavtestday24_12_.JPG

gavtestday24_13_.JPG

gavtestday24_14_.JPG

gavtestday24_15_.JPG

gavtestday24_16_.JPG

gavtestday24_17_.JPG

snsdnaleaf.JPG

M

mrinsulator

hi herb,
been following this thread for a while, just joined the forum.
I am looking forward to the results of this run, i have been toying with the idea of these gavitas for some time cant wait to see how they do.
great thread.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Herbie,
Have you ever used T5HO for vegging- how would that compare to the LEP?
I know you said you would replace 600w of T5 with the lep, but Iwas wondering qualitative comparisons - ie the lep produced thicker stems and denser growth, better penetration, etc.

What height above canopy produces the 1.5mx1.5m light footprint of the LEP?-- NEver mind I see 24 inches, thanks!

How is the canopy penetration - compared to T5 (low, under 6") or 1000WMH (high at 30")?

How many units total do you plan to use for vegging eventually?

thx mucho~~!

Yes I do indeed use t5 ho for vegging. And when I comment on replacing one 600w with a single LEP I am meaning the 12 strip ho t5 at 660w.

I would say it vegges very similar to a t5 but faster and with thicker stems. I would also have to be using 660w in a dr150 to get complete coverage where as I can achieve this with one single LEP.

I would love to have another unit to veg with, early next year I will be completing all my rooms with leps.

I am still indecided if I will re build a 2mx1m tent or two 1.2m tents. Each with a pro 600 and LEP.

Who knows.

Mega,

They emit so little heat that I reckon if it want for the fact you need to vent out old air you would not need any ac at all.

I am very interested to see what an LEP with a 150 minimax hps can achieve in a sealed tent with co2 augmentation.

B

Bigcorners

What a great thread, i finally found someone using these gavitia lights!

The grow is friken fantastic!

Over the last week of being at the cannabis cup i had no idea about gavitia and what great lights they made, from a presentation made by gavitia i learned some pretty awesome things.

One of biggest things that these LEP lights do that most dont realize is that they emit UV-C lighting.. unfound in HPS or MH lamps, this will kill any and all Mold, and Powdery Mildew on contact Along with all the great benefits of huge spectrum! low heat signature, and a tiny bulb that will last 30,000hrs easy.

Another awesome thing about these lights is there reflector.. its small! thats the way it should be why have such a big reflector? also the dimpled interior of the hood super beneficial, it bounces light in every direction making it pretty much the most efficient reflector on the market at 95%.

These lights are some of the best advancements in the last 10 years in modern lighting! im glad to see them implemented and used to there full potential.

Absolutely awesome grow, keep it up cant wait to follow the developments.

M

MMJQA

Hello,

I'm new to the forum so I cant pm.

I cant seem to find a price online can you kindly pm me with the cost of the lep.

also if i got 150 plants in veg how many lights do you think I'll need?

Thank you in advance.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hello,

I cant seem to find a price online can you kindly pm me with the cost of the lep.

Thank you in advance.

25 posts and you'll get privs to PM.

I just got a price for the LEP today; $1200 here in the US. It's amazing, just like daylight in springtinme...

That depends on a lot of factors. Perhaps you should be telling us what square footage your growing space is?

Keep in mind also that you'll likely want a mix of LEP and HPS for a complete and balanced spectrum.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Also, whist the bulb it self does emmit uvc it is filtered out as it proved too strong for the plants and is very dangerous to humans. That's why the bulb is behind glass.

But glad you were impresses by gavita, they really are the top of the game.

I can only help out for pricings in the uk.

And like any other light, for logistics think metre squared not plant numbers.

This lamp will happily veg to the corners a 1.2m square area.

R

reggiebaseball

Hello,

Thank you in advance.

To summarize:

1. LEP puts out 180w, the unit is a 300 watt unit, but the bulb is 180w.

2. 180w of LEP may be comparable or perhaps better than 600w of T5, but at 3-4X the initial cost. This could be recouped in energy cost savings perhaps over 8-20 years.

3. Like adding MH in flower, LEP maybe makes more crystals, but definitely less yield than comparable HPS watts. Even Gavita doesn't want you to try flowing under LEP alone.

I think this is a great new technology that is not yet mature enough to hit the right price point. $1200 is way too much for a vegging light. At half the price they are very competitive with everything.

I really love this journal (even if it is being conducted by a product vendor, right herbie?)

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the props.

But I am not a product vendor. Anyone of my personal friends whom are on this site can confirm this. I help my friend who has a store in terms of what items to stock and in return I get a good discount, that's it.

I wish I was a product vendor, but I feel that growing and owning or indeed working in a hydro store is somewhat counter productive. But that's just my paranoia for you. Lol.

I have paid full wholesale price for all units in this thread, non have been gifted. That is how confident in a product I can be when it is backed up by good scientific principal and theory. £1150 later and I have some awesome plants that have already paid for the outlay in the enjoyment this thread is bringing to me and also I hope to you, the reader.

321abc

I am very interested to see what an LEP with a 150 minimax hps can achieve in a sealed tent with co2 augmentation.
Now that would be something to see! Much better journal idea as the 300 LEP is overpowered by the two 600w HPS's.

Again, that would be a great idea. See how it goes with a low powered HPS as a supliment to the LEP.

The LEP failed to flower well with red spectrum LED's and to this day, no explanation has been provided. I wonder why. I believe Gavita consulted with their "Light professors" and would enjoy hearing their theories.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey herb is no vendor but he has explained it better than I could. Im gonna buy one just because of the results herbs has shown us. Really excited about this technolOgy, feels like we're in he 21 century! :)

G81

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hey herb is no vendor but he has explained it better than I could. Im gonna buy one just because of the results herbs has shown us. Really excited about this technolOgy, feels like we're in he 21 century! :)

G81

Ummm, that's because we ARE in the Twenty-First century. That said, it's important to keep in mind that just because a clock turns over a big round number and makes us all feel like we're in a brave new world where all the old rules don't apply, doesn't mean they actually don't.

Plants still like nutrients, light and water. The difference between today and 200 years ago is all about our ability to provide those factors with better control and in more situations than ever before, BUT THE PLANTS DIDN'T CHANGE.

Light Emitting Plasma technology is still in its infancy, and as such is following a time-honored cost and capability curve, the same one everything from computers, flat screens and turbochargers to HID lighting and hydroponics has followed. Today, it's expensive and limited. In a few years, it will be far less expensive and better.

As far as limitations go, the need to run HPS in conjunction with LEP isn't so bad- it's not like HPS is bad light and the two are very complementary, with few if any drawbacks. More often progress is about incrementalism and enlightened combination than about complete revolution.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Completely agree, dah, of course were in the 21st century, the light technology is moving fast led's etc are progressing fast a la computer chips. Your right, lights need to come down in cost but if no one is buying then the price will stay stagnant. Surely with a few more tests using this lamp, interest will follow?

G81

ttystikk

ttystikk

Completely agree, dah, of course were in the 21st century, the light technology is moving fast led's etc are progressing fast a la computer chips. Your right, lights need to come down in cost but if no one is buying then the price will stay stagnant. Surely with a few more tests using this lamp, interest will follow?

G81

Exactly- LED has a head start on LEP, and is further along the tehnological curve towards better quality and lower cost. At first, only a few can afford to buy these lights- or CD players, or televisions each in their own time- but the interest and the market potential are already here. Innovate first, then streamline.

Right now I have a 400W HPS light and several LED lights, also totalling 400 watts. At first, I was wondering which to use over my veg. plants but this conversation has me thinking that LED and HPS are also quite complementary in terms of spectra output. Maybe I could use both and get some synergy?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

great thread, i was wondering about these as well. +Rep for another bomb thread :)

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks people.

321 I think the LEP would fail to flower correctly with LED as you are still missing warmth from Light radiance.

tty. I had a penetrator 345 for a few runs and achieved over 1gpw with it but i was not that happy with quality or the extra time it takes to flower. I gave the unit to a mate to use in the way you describe, he replaced a 400w hps with the LED. So 400w / LED / 400w. Very quickly after the first grow he replaced it back for the 400w. But thats another thread.

So onwards and upwards.

Day 31.

Feed still the same as last week. When I reach day 35 I shall stop the Multizym and introduce BudXL at 1ml/L.

These plants are simply massive. So many heads all of which are super dense and already taking their form. The Calyxes on the Killa Queen are starting to stack and the Chemdog D and casey are going so be seriously weighty.

One of the chems got a little to close to the pro 600 on one cola and spat a few nannas. All seams sterile tho.

Anyway, just wish I could post the smell of opening the tent. Its strong....

Day 31

gavtestday31_1_.JPG

gavtestday31_2_.JPG

gavtestday31_3_.JPG

gavtestday31_4_.JPG

gavtestday31_5_.JPG

gavtestday31_6_.JPG

gavtestday31_7_.JPG

gavtestday31_8_.JPG

gavtestday31_9_.JPG

gavtestday31_10_.JPG

gavtestday31_11_.JPG

gavtestday31_12_.JPG

gavtestday31_13_.JPG

gavtestday31_14_.JPG

gavtestday31_15_.JPG

gavtestday31_16_.JPG

gavtestday31_17_.JPG

gavtestday31_18_.JPG

gavtestday31_19_.JPG

gavtestday31_20_.JPG

gavtestday31_21_.JPG

gavtestday31_22_.JPG

gavtestday31_23_.JPG

gavtestday31_24_.JPG

gavtestday31_25_.JPG

gavtestday31_26_.JPG

gavtestday31_27_.JPG

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
looking fabulous.. as always though :) thanks for sharing

B

Bigcorners

Hey Herb!

Your babies are simply breathtaking, at 31 days there looking super saucy, Calyxes stacked ontop of more calyxes :)

How well do you think 2 LEPs would work with 4x1K? seriously thinking about giving these a solid run..

Latest posts

Top Bottom