GAVITA

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

Jus had my 2nd out of 10k Gavita De eseries blow a blub on me, Im super fucken annoyed at this point. I just sent a email to gavita directly.

confu

ive seen a couple go out as well. take the bulb out and inspect for a broken wire in the bulb, or any type of significant damage. also check the connections of the electrodes. i am not a fan of the housing of the bulb, i feel its cheaply crafted. There might also be a problem with your power to the lights (like in the light controller) ive had issues with titan controllers running multiple fixtures. the wiring isnt compatable with 400v fixtures IMO. Even though the ballast runs them @ 240v, they are still running a 400v bulb which ive come the conclusion of error in some cases. especially for big light controllers. Custom power boxes with adequate wiring works the best.

I would contact them (gavita) and see what help they have to offer. your best bet is to take them back to your hydro store and have them exchange it right away. let them deal with the returns and what not.

gavita's customer service wasnt too up to par about a year ago, im not sure how they are now. they are all in Holland and only work via email unless u hastle them. Jair is the dude to talk to, bring up the light controller. Gavitas are made for mass production greenhouse grows and used as light supplement. the indoor gardening in the US is a new market and they are overwhelmed with complaints of small grows (any garden under 40 lights is small to them) they seemed to be a little fed up with growers using them improperly, so with that said, dont get discouraged by their response. Like i said, hydro store is the best way to deal with them. especially if your hydro store uses sunlight supply as a main distributor. easy come easy go!

sorry for the rant, drinking my morning coffe in my underwear lol. big fan of your input here on the farm @Confuten1 , hope everything works out for ya!
Skooooona

Kendo

Kendo

Any feedback on using Gavita's in veg? Is the genesis bulb available and suitable for veg? I want to setup a veg space with Gavi's but don't want to waste my time if they do not perform as well as 1000w MH lamps

Scroggs filled faster than I have ever seen before under Gavitas. The growth was maxed with no apparent loss of vigor, color or happiness. :D Leaves upward praying to the gods. I am actually going to veg for shorter period as the scrogs actually are a bit overfull.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
ive seen a couple go out as well. take the bulb out and inspect for a broken wire in the bulb, or any type of significant damage. also check the connections of the electrodes. i am not a fan of the housing of the bulb, i feel its cheaply crafted. There might also be a problem with your power to the lights (like in the light controller) ive had issues with titan controllers running multiple fixtures. the wiring isnt compatable with 400v fixtures IMO. Even though the ballast runs them @ 240v, they are still running a 400v bulb which ive come the conclusion of error in some cases. especially for big light controllers. Custom power boxes with adequate wiring works the best.

I would contact them (gavita) and see what help they have to offer. your best bet is to take them back to your hydro store and have them exchange it right away. let them deal with the returns and what not.

gavita's customer service wasnt too up to par about a year ago, im not sure how they are now. they are all in Holland and only work via email unless u hastle them. Jair is the dude to talk to, bring up the light controller. Gavitas are made for mass production greenhouse grows and used as light supplement. the indoor gardening in the US is a new market and they are overwhelmed with complaints of small grows (any garden under 40 lights is small to them) they seemed to be a little fed up with growers using them improperly, so with that said, dont get discouraged by their response. Like i said, hydro store is the best way to deal with them. especially if your hydro store uses sunlight supply as a main distributor. easy come easy go!

sorry for the rant, drinking my morning coffe in my underwear lol. big fan of your input here on the farm @Confuten1 , hope everything works out for ya!
Skooooona

Thanks for ur reply @Skuna Tuna , I took ur advise and contacted Gavita directly. I was told sunlight supplier is supposed to replace all bulbs if u have some fail on u and not jus the damaged ones. Seems I got the batch of balasts that had recall bulbs.
Still waiting to see what's gonna happen.

Confu

muir

muir

I just filled out a "ticket" on the Gavita web site requesting a lighting plan for my pending licensed grow. That is a full service outfit.

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

@GR33NL3AF or any one else who knows... It seems Gavita and Philips are no longer sharing the label on the 1000w double end bulb. Who is manufacturing the Gavita Pro Plus EL 400V and where is it being manufactured.
It appears Philips is still making the ww.lighting.philips.com/main/prof/lamps/high-intensity-discharge-lamps/hid-horticulture/horti/928196305116_EU/product.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

@GR33NL3AF or any one else who knows... It seems Gavita and Philips are no longer sharing the label on the 1000w double end bulb. Who is manufacturing the Gavita Pro Plus EL 400V and where is it being manufactured.
It appears Philips is still making the ww.lighting.philips.com/main/prof/lamps/high-intensity-discharge-lamps/hid-horticulture/horti/928196305116_EU/product.
That gavita bulb along with their fixture is almost certainly coming from Holland, but not before its shipped to them from China ; )

Ushio bulbs FTW. What was once special about the Philips bulb is no more.

U

UCAnonymous

Now I am running half pipes around bare 1k's. My vert room is down right now. I am doing beds with 12' ceilings and gavita 1000k DEs on the EL2.

The last run I had with only 600SE vert I about the same yield as when I ran 1k's. When I double stacked a 1k ultrasun over a 600w SE I got some killer results too.
Whats the proper distance for a 1k vert to plants?

LI grows

LI grows

Question: Will i be degrading the bulb if i run my Gavita 1000 at 1150?

I have 7' ceilings and I mounted my Gavita to a $40 Pocket door track from home depot. I used a short piece of threaded rod to bolt the ballast to the wheel assembly. Worked great and it was easy. The ballast is about 2-1/2" from the ceiling and slides nice so i can adjust it over the canopy or just slide it out of my way to get in there.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Question: Will i be degrading the bulb if i run my Gavita 1000 at 1150?

I have 7' ceilings and I mounted my Gavita to a $40 Pocket door track from home depot. I used a short piece of threaded rod to bolt the ballast to the wheel assembly. Worked great and it was easy. The ballast is about 2-1/2" from the ceiling and slides nice so i can adjust it over the canopy or just slide it out of my way to get in there.
That's awesome!

The DE bulb has a much easier time operating over their rated wattage than a standard single ended lamp. With that said you will see a quicker decline than running it on 1000w, not significant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom