GDP 1 month

• Thread starter HoltLucy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

so what else should she add whats a good bloom booster too use i have the ff soil trio big bloom grow big and tiger bloom what extra bloom nute should i add to mine
Well there are lots of different ways and everyone has a TON of different opinions about it. Some people get super triggered about this shit I don't really understand it. The way I look at it there are cheap products and expensive products. Usually the expensive products are better but sometimes a cheap product if used correctly can work virtually just as good. Here are some bullet points of products I have used in the past that work well...

1) Jacks bloom feed (salt based - water soluble)
This one may not be organic off the top of my head Im not sure. I know for a fact 100% positive that this water soluble powder formula can grow great flower. Not only have I used it before but I have watched some youtube grow channels such as GreenGene's Garden and he absolutely smashes it out of the park with the formula. He uses CoCo but you can add any fertilizer to soil. It is true that super high grade living soil blends should avoid additives such as this but if you are already using a mid grade or lower grade non-living soil as a base I personally see no harm in adding juice like this in flowering stage.

2) Top dressing method
Organic option and the most true to mother nature. You can use a natural fertilizer such as manure and sprinkle it as a top dressing. Take good old fashion cow shit and as long as it is clean and gassed off you just take a few scoops of the stinky and spread it all over the top layer of the soil. Don't worry about blending it but you want to spread it for full coverage. Then when you water on top of it the poop juice will leech down into the soil below and this little shot of extra nitrates will help give a boost.

3) Organic bloom feed (Calcium based - water soluble)
Recently I have started experimenting with this new organic blend from Home Depot. I know as soon as I post this pic the weed snobs and triggered weed snowflakes will come poring in with the negative chatter. I honestly don't care I use what works for me. Believe it or not this Miracle Grow blend works good it is NOT the normal salt based stuff they put out this is more expensive it is called their Organics Line and it is a white powder instead of salt. It is Calcium based and water soluble. I am currently mixing this into my aquarium water and also adding some high grade Cal-Mag. Im using recycled home made soil on this grow so I will be throwing it away once I finish this second run. I didn't add mycorrhizae fungi when I amended so I have no issues adding boosters while in flower. These plants below are being grown with this recipe...

Recycled Soil: 33% Pete Moss, 33% Cow Manure, 33% Perlite

Bloom additives:
Screen Shot 2021 08 31 at 83407 PM
Screen Shot 2021 08 31 at 83433 PM

Current Results:
IMG 3600

Fire OG:
IMG 3602

XXX OG:
IMG 3606

Wookie Glue:
IMG 3603

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Basically, whatever works for some, may not for others, visa-versa...Everyone has different growing style methods and formulas, etc...Personally, we started within our budget and what type of media we wanted to grow in, and just took it from there...Learn as you grow. We surfed around the forum, learning from others as we all grow TOgether! 👍 🙃☺️ Sooo it's Grower's Choice, Everybody Happy, and especially Your Plants are Happy...👍😎🤙

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Btw is it ok to use just distilled water with your plants? I accidentally bought some. I normally use bottled spring water. My house waters ph is around 9 so I don’t like using it.
Uumm, may sound like a dorky question, but...What's the pH of distilled water? lol
We bought a water filter for our kitchen sink and that's the water we use for us and the plants, which to me would end up a lot cheaper than having to buy water for your plants, and we don't have to check the pH at all...

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Uumm, may sound like a dorky question, but...What's the pH of distilled water? lol
We bought a water filter for our kitchen sink and that's the water we use for us and the plants, which to me would end up a lot cheaper than having to buy water for your plants, and we don't have to check the pH at all...
Distilled water normally has a super low PH somewhere in the 5s. I personally wouldn't recommend using distilled water. I think with PH the consistency is just as important as the PH number. If your PH jumps around and you are constantly using different water sources it usually isn't good. I use my aquarium water exclusively and because of this I do not PH down anymore it became too much work for me. Our water in Southern California is hard all the time it is consistently around 7.6 but I still get good results with it. If I was PHing down into the 6s it would probably be better for my plants but its a pain in the ass and since I get great results with my current 7.6 aquarium water I just keep doing my current method.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I’d really like to try some of that wookie glue.
That Wookie Glue is smoking hot has kind of a "burnt rubber" vibe kind of like a fresh pair of sneakers when you open the box. It's nasty in all the good ways. It's hard to say which is better out of those three strains this was a clone run I smoked all of them before. That XXX and Fire are no joke either they actually might have more of a mule kick high than even the Wookie. The Wookie definitely has the bag appeal it looks the best for sure.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
That Wookie Glue is smoking hot has kind of a "burnt rubber" vibe kind of like a fresh pair of sneakers when you open the box. It's nasty in all the good ways. It's hard to say which is better out of those three strains this was a clone run I smoked all of them before. That XXX and Fire are no joke either they actually might have more of a mule kick high than even the Wookie. The Wookie definitely has the bag appeal it looks the best for sure.
Super dank. Just wait ;). He’s got the green pheno but there is a super dark purple pheno as well. Ive got some more to hunt through.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Super dank. Just wait ;). He’s got the green pheno but there is a super dark purple pheno as well. Ive got some more to hunt through.
I got the Wookie cut from this guy... Burnz brought it to my house lol. It's a good one Im keeping it in the mix for sure thanks again for that 👍 . BTW if you want to come grab this cut back off me you can I got a few rooted teens right now ready so you can take one of them. This actually I can almost guarantee has some purple in it. Hot as balls summer weather in my garage and she is still showing some color as you can see in the pic. If you ran this outside as soon as the night time temps really started dropping I can almost assure you the purple color would darken up dramatically.

HoltLucy

HoltLucy

Well there are lots of different ways and everyone has a TON of different opinions about it. Some people get super triggered about this shit I don't really understand it. The way I look at it there are cheap products and expensive products. Usually the expensive products are better but sometimes a cheap product if used correctly can work virtually just as good. Here are some bullet points of products I have used in the past that work well...

1) Jacks bloom feed (salt based - water soluble)
This one may not be organic off the top of my head Im not sure. I know for a fact 100% positive that this water soluble powder formula can grow great flower. Not only have I used it before but I have watched some youtube grow channels such as GreenGene's Garden and he absolutely smashes it out of the park with the formula. He uses CoCo but you can add any fertilizer to soil. It is true that super high grade living soil blends should avoid additives such as this but if you are already using a mid grade or lower grade non-living soil as a base I personally see no harm in adding juice like this in flowering stage.

2) Top dressing method
Organic option and the most true to mother nature. You can use a natural fertilizer such as manure and sprinkle it as a top dressing. Take good old fashion cow shit and as long as it is clean and gassed off you just take a few scoops of the stinky and spread it all over the top layer of the soil. Don't worry about blending it but you want to spread it for full coverage. Then when you water on top of it the poop juice will leech down into the soil below and this little shot of extra nitrates will help give a boost.

3) Organic bloom feed (Calcium based - water soluble)
Recently I have started experimenting with this new organic blend from Home Depot. I know as soon as I post this pic the weed snobs and triggered weed snowflakes will come poring in with the negative chatter. I honestly don't care I use what works for me. Believe it or not this Miracle Grow blend works good it is NOT the normal salt based stuff they put out this is more expensive it is called their Organics Line and it is a white powder instead of salt. It is Calcium based and water soluble. I am currently mixing this into my aquarium water and also adding some high grade Cal-Mag. Im using recycled home made soil on this grow so I will be throwing it away once I finish this second run. I didn't add mycorrhizae fungi when I amended so I have no issues adding boosters while in flower. These plants below are being grown with this recipe...

Recycled Soil: 33% Pete Moss, 33% Cow Manure, 33% Perlite

Bloom additives:
View attachment 1163767View attachment 1163768

Current Results:
View attachment 1163769

Fire OG:
View attachment 1163770

XXX OG:
View attachment 1163771

Wookie Gl
beautiful ladies💕💕

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Good morning growing fam ☺ i lowered the lights yesterday to 15in and they look happy today watered shorty with tap water with ph 6.2 to see if theres any changes
BB is looking good she is growing beautifully
More important I believe what comes out of your soil in regards to ph. After you water or feed test the runoff water. My well water is at 7,2 I run it through my soil in ( without plants ) I get 6,6 ...perfect ..So when I have a plant in and I'm adding nute's the ph drops depending on how much feed I give. With a light feed of 1 tsp/gallon Micro/grow/bloom 3 tsp total with my GH nute's I need to add 1 ml of PH up to my feed otherwise my ph will drop to 6.2 after the first feed and it will keep getting lower if the up isn't added each feed. I don't add up or down to my water only cycles even with my 7.2 water because I know it runs through at 6.6.

HoltLucy

HoltLucy

More important I believe what comes out of your soil in regards to ph. After you water or feed test the runoff water. My well water is at 7,2 I run it through my soil in ( without plants ) I get 6,6 ...perfect ..So when I have a plant in and I'm adding nute's the ph drops depending on how much feed I give. With a light feed of 1 tsp/gallon Micro/grow/bloom 3 tsp total with my GH nute's I need to add 1 ml of PH up to my feed otherwise my ph will drop to 6.2 after the first feed and it will keep getting lower if the up isn't added each feed. I don't add up or down to my water only cycles even with my 7.2 water because I know it runs through at 6.6.
Thanks for the info i will certainly try this ☺☺

mancorn

mancorn

If you’re in soil you don’t need to pH your water. Water/feed won’t change the pH of the soil. Commercial soil like FFOF are buffered (with oyster shells) to resist changes in pH.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Who bred the seeds for the GDP you are using? I looked but not sure if it was listed.
@jimmy_reese I'll be cutting a GDP harvest this weekend. Mine are from Blim Burn Seeds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom