Gdp

• Thread starter singlespeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
singlespeed

singlespeed

Deff think about investing in a sulfur burner to bro it'll knock that shit out big time aswell!

What's the deal on Sulfur burners? I've had multiple growers recommend this now. Is this something that you do during in veg or though-out? Does is smell like poo?

S

ScrOGer

i think they defend against powdery mildew. never used one, but never had powdery mildew either. your grow was looking good, man. youll still recover tho.

S

ScrOGer

paper plane has a point. GDP likes to bush out,. she puts out a lot leaf too. DO you have fans blowing under the screen, to keep air flow moving down there?

singlespeed

singlespeed

paper plane has a point. GDP likes to bush out,. she puts out a lot leaf too. DO you have fans blowing under the screen, to keep air flow moving down there?

Yeah, GDP is bushy, for sure. Regarding the fan, I do have a fan blowing under each canopy. I zipped-tied a fan to each. Maybe I'll add another fan to each tray on my next run. The Mildew seems to be under control, although I did see another leave toward the back wall that had a bit on the tip. Tomorrow I'll be picking of fan leaves and then spray em with GreenCure again.

singlespeed

singlespeed

Day 52...The buds are coming along well. They'e definitely turning purple and getting fat. The trichomes 20% clear/80% milky. Below are some pictures.

P

Powdery

Damn bro, whats left looks awesome. Should be some killer smoke!

Did you spray the Green Cure with the lights on?

singlespeed

singlespeed

Purdy good looking, bro. You handled business on the PM.

Thanks Scrog, Given everything that has happened, I am counting the days at this point. Today, is Day 54. I haven't declared victory yet against the Mildew. It's more like a stand off. I did a HUGE thinning out last night and found a bit more. If I found a leave with PM, the bud it was attached to was also removed. Luckily,it was all small buds. That seems to be the only good about PM, is it seems to attack the lowest, smallest and weakest leaves and buds-Which, honestly, should have removed weeks ago.

I learned a bunch during this grow!

Damn bro, whats left looks awesome. Should be some killer smoke!

Did you spray the Green Cure with the lights on?

Thank you, but Dude, what's up with your name? It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!!! Don't Jynx me, I am almost done. Just kidding. No I didn't spray with the lights on. Although, my first application with it, I used a mis-labled bottle and my mixture was too strong. That's how I burned a few of them.

When my lights turned went out this morning, I sprayed again.

Single

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Lead,

It's great to hear from you. Long time no chat. Your advice and ideas are always welcome. On this grow I am running a sick PVC manifold inspired by you.

I screwed the pouch on this grow! Trial and error BABY! I was super bumbed at first because the grow was unfolding flawlessly and I was looking at a MASSIVE yield. But this wasn't bad luck, this is my fault. I knew the humidity was too high and I was procrastinating about trimming. I learned my lesson.

Honestly, I was thinking the same thing about the plant count. Especially, after trimming during transition, and then again during week 3. I felt as if I trimmed half a plant off of each f'n plant.

Currently, I have 18 plants in a 3.5'-6.5' tray x 2 trays. Total of 36. I am thinking 24 next time. What do you think?

Single

Yes, Been a while. Had to take a little break, I start to get grumpy lol... Been having some computer related health issues so have to limit my time online. Miss sharing on the farm. Glad you got the manifold running, it is a lifesaver. (as long as you do not unhook lines!) + pulse style feeding beats out everything else.

If you have the means, invest in another dehumidifier for next run. Can run it during those critical times in flower + night time.

You running a sealed room or in/out air exchange for cooling?

Plant Counts: Yes 24 should be better.

What's the deal on Sulfur burners? I've had multiple growers recommend this now. Is this something that you do during in veg or though-out? Does is smell like poo?

Really good idea. It coats everything with sulphur. Do preventative burns between runs and in veg. Some even do a preventative blast at beginning of flower. Do not want to run it later in flower like your doing with green cure. Do not have experience with fucking things up w sulphur, but have heard Sulphur can fuck up the taste if used to late in flower.

Basically you burn for a few hours @ lights off, then exhaust the room before lights on. Will stink bad and is toxic, but very effective. I have luckily never had a mold/mildew problem. I use sulphur as preventive and kept the environment in check.

I also recommend using a silica supplement to aid mold/rot protection
hope that helps you to do all you can do to prevent the mold and rot from happening.

Girls are looking good.

singlespeed

singlespeed

(as long as you do not unhook lines!) + pulse style feeding beats out everything else.
Lead

I must be slip'n… what's pulse style feeding?

You running a sealed room or in/out air exchange for cooling?

I run a crazy vented setup. Crazy because my ex-friend/partner(who is also another self-proclaimed expert.) bought me 12' Max Fan and 12'-39 carbon filter… Ready for the punchline? My room is only 9'x10'! That guy was an idiot!

A fan controller + plus a hard "Y" duct spitter to route air through my lamps and it runs flawless.

The good thing about having the bigger fans and filter is, I'll be moving after this grow. It's a bigger space and I'll be sharing the building with a cool old-skool grower I known. I'm really excited to have a bigger space for moms, babies, and to have a separate veg room! It should make for a good show.

Really good idea. It coats everything with sulphur. Do preventative burns between runs and in veg. Some even do a preventative blast at beginning of flower. Do not want to run it later in flower like your doing with green cure. Do not have experience with fucking things up w sulphur, but have heard Sulphur can fuck up the taste if used to late in flower.

Basically you burn for a few hours @ lights off, then exhaust the room before lights on. Will stink bad and is toxic, but very effective. I have luckily never had a mold/mildew problem. I use sulphur as preventive and kept the environment in check.

I also recommend using a silica supplement to aid mold/rot protection
hope that helps you to do all you can do to prevent the mold and rot from happening.

Girls are looking good.

I'm sold. I'll try the sulfer burning next time. I was using Protekt, but I stopped on week 6. do you use it all the way through? Given me situation, do you think I should still be using SILCA?

Thanks for your feedback. I'll have some more pics tonight.

Single

singlespeed

singlespeed

I can't wait to harvest! :harvest: I'm almost at the finish-line. I had no idea how hard it would be to grow and to keep current on my THC grow diary. :anim_44: Big props to the folks on this site that stay consistent. It's hard work!

Today is day 61. My last batch of GDP went 71 days. I'll harvest next weekend. Christmas is Sunday, so I'll have to plan around that. Over the last week I have done major a thinning of fan leaves. Although, I swear more leaves grew back the very next day. Bushy lil mofos!

Yesterday, I did my final spray with GreenCure because, on Thursday I found a small branch infected with PM. I chopped it off and remove the infected bud and kept and hung the unaffected portion. :fixed:

This last week I fed them @ 500 ppm. Just PureBlend Original and Pro with a bit hygrozyme. Today, I plan on flushing with Clearex and switching them to 5.8 water for the remainder of the grow.

Below are pics.

Sinlge

Day 59 A Buds
Day 59 B Bud
Day 59 buds
Day 59 tray a
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Them GDP's look done 2 me they look nice & plump.. If insets u I'd pic 2 so u can smoke it on X-Mass

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Pulse Style is "pulses" of feeding rather that one large feed per day.

Example of Pulse Feeding: Takes 600ml of solution to get your cube saturated.
Split that feeding into 3 PULSE feeds of 200ML each.
or
Split that feeding into 6 PULSE feeds of 100ML each.

Can also help to save nutes and provide more to the plants at the same time.

----
Sound's like you got enough airflow. What are your day/night temp/RH?

----
I also usually go to week 6 with the silicon. You can save some coin and get agrosil16 from custom hydro nutrients and mix up your own silicon solution.

-----
Almost to the end. Hope you get that PM in check for the future.

-Lead

singlespeed

singlespeed

Them GDP's look done 2 me they look nice & plump.. If insets u I'd pic 2 so u can smoke it on X-Mass

Hey Goo, How's your new grow coming?

The GDP is really close. :boogie: The trichomes are milky but I like to see a little amber before I chop em down. Although, If I see ANYMORE PM-It'll be harvest time! I wish I could keep the garden cooler but I can't, because PM thrives in cool environments. They did turn a deep purple, so I wont complain too much about the color.

Pulse Style is "pulses" of feeding rather that one large feed per day.

Example of Pulse Feeding: Takes 600ml of solution to get your cube saturated.
Split that feeding into 3 PULSE feeds of 200ML each.
or
Split that feeding into 6 PULSE feeds of 100ML each.

Can also help to save nutes and provide more to the plants at the same time.

----
Sound's like you got enough airflow. What are your day/night temp/RH?

----
I also usually go to week 6 with the silicon. You can save some coin and get agrosil16 from custom hydro nutrients and mix up your own silicon solution.

-----
Almost to the end. Hope you get that PM in check for the future.

-Lead
Lead,

Currently, I'm feeding 2 x 45sec-60sec, when the lights are on.:sun2: Is that pulse feeding? The airflow issue has beed fixed, although it's, too-little-too-late! I would rather prevent problem, rather than fix them. "There is always Next time…."

My room temperature has been 68-80 and the humidity has been 35%-50%. I am thinking about blasting the AC about 2 days before harvest. I want it cold but I have to consider the Mildew. What do think?

Single

singlespeed

singlespeed

Day 63. Things are looking stable. I've been on the lookout for PM and even though I'm close to harvest, I'm not coasting to the finishline or that Mildew will make a comeback. Fuck that stuff! Other that, the plants(that I have left) look great. In one of the pictures you'll notice the empty areas in the canopy. I lost 4 plants after unplugging the pump from the timer.:sick0004:

The trichomes are all completely milky but only a few are amber. They need a few more days. I'll start taking them down this week.

Today, is second day of flushing. How long are you guys flush?

Single

Day63 Purple plant
Day63 Great bud
Day63 Big bud
Day63 B tray
singlespeed

singlespeed

Drama! This has been one crazy grow. I actually harvested on Tuesday, Day 64! :harvest: :harvest: i went in to remove all fan of the leaves and I noticed some Powdery Mildew, and that was it. :mad0229: At this point, letting them go longer would do more harm than good. So I cut everything down and hung it. That was Tuesday. Yesterday, my trim partner (who earned the title, "CannaBeast" :party0033:) and I trimmed everything in a single day! I pumped to be completely finished. I was worried about Christmas weekend.

Below are some pictures.

Single

Harvest Nugs
Harvest buds
Day64 Harvest Nug
Blur
nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Boom! Nice harvest Single! Sorry about your troubles with PM, I have had that battle and finally realized it was the strains tendency to get it when I had a few strains in a small area and that was the only strain with PM. I know you wanted this GDP run to be perfection so I sympathize, but from the looks of your pictures you had a substantial harvest and the buds look huge! I can't wait for some dried nug shots and smoke report!

-Meeks

Latest posts

Top Bottom