Get down in the Fire

• Thread starter Mogrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mogrow

Mogrow

This will be my journal for the 2012 grow season. This will be my first indoor grow, I have grown outdoors for many years.

I have a house that I am working on, I do not live there but am there on a regualr basis. I am in good standing with the neighbors and have explained to them that I am in no hurry to get it sold or rented due to tax issues.

So the house has a nice unfinished basement and that is where I am doing the indoor grow. Right now I have 2 4ft T-5's blazing away. They are in a small shelf in the basement, not the perfect setup but the plants are doing ok. I need to build a veg room and a flower room, and I will, soon.

Running some kick ass gear, Canna's purple jazz berry, Subbies Plushberry, OGR's fire alien x romulan and some of Tatoo Jims pre-98 bubba cross. They are doing well for not being in a perfect enviroment, the t-5's put off some serious heat in a small enclosed area, it gets to over 85 degrees and cools off to 61 with lights off, low RH also runns about 30%.

Dirt is pretty much Subbies receipe, with some homemade compost mixed in. Gave them there first seedling ttea yesterday when I transplanted into bigger containers, they needed it roots were already swirling around party cups.

More to come.

Get down in the fire

Get down in the fire 2

Get down in the fire 3

Get down in the fire 4

Mogrow

Mogrow

rookie mistakes

Well i ran into some troubles with my little plants. First they were to cramped in the shelf i had them in, temps stayed to high and RH was way too low , 15%.;( Also I thought they could use a little tea, so I made my first batch, think i made it a little hot, used earthworm castings and a dab of molasses, think I burnt the youngens a little. So between the super low RH and to much nitrogen they were looking sickly.

So i moved the plants out of the confined shelf area and put the out in the basement, I put up a plastic wall to half the basement off in effort to control enviroment. My temps and RH are much better now and plants are responding well.

The Canna gear, TGA gear and Raskal gear are all eager to get with the program, now if i'd just quit fuckin them up they'd be well on their way. Getting smells off of all the gear, but one plushberry in particural.

peace mogrow

cannas JBJ

tga plushberry

low RH and too much nitro

overview

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Nice to see this get started MOGROW! your area looks good since you fixed it all up bro. you deff put alot of work into it. the preschool nursery is looking good lol.

~KMK~

Mogrow

Mogrow

trials and tribulations

Cant wait so see the berry end of this grow.. lol..
i can't wait either, gonna be some different phenos in there, if i don't kill em....thanks for stopping in

Nice to see this get started MOGROW! your area looks good since you fixed it all up bro. you deff put alot of work into it. the preschool nursery is looking good lol.
thanks KMK, flower room is next, this controlling the enviroment thing is a challenge, but i kinda like it. it helps to a degree that its in a basement, temperture wise. not sure if ill run vented hoods with fresh air intake or adjust a wings and run some ac????
thnaks for popping in

~KMK~

whats up man? glad to see your movin right along. ya need any help lemme know. 42o
you have your flower room going in the basement now??? tell me about it...
thanks for stopping in....

420alldaze

420alldaze

well, i have 20 plants goin right now in 2 gallon soft pots with twin 600 watt dimmable ballasts. temps are at 74-78. constantly. i have a small heater for lights out. im runnin avalanche and some cheese s1, and sdg as well. i veg to about 14". anything else ? ask away... peacentreez 42o

Mogrow

Mogrow

i can't wait either, gonna be some different phenos in there, if i don't kill em....thanks for stopping in

you have your flower room going in the basement now??? tell me about it...
thanks for stopping in....

well, i have 20 plants goin right now in 2 gallon soft pots with twin 600 watt dimmable ballasts. temps are at 74-78. constantly. i have a small heater for lights out. im runnin avalanche and some cheese s1, and sdg as well. i veg to about 14". anything else ? ask away... peacentreez 42o
so you're running 18/6? My basement stays between 58 and 64, i'm sure it will warm up some in the summer. What's your basement temp stay at???
How big is your area you run the veg in? Is humidity an issue. I never thought a basement would run in the 30 to 40 RH range. Bet when it gets wet down there things will change up....

Looks like your off to a fine start!

thanks for stopping in cb. made some rookie mistakes but the genetics are strong, thank god... or i'd have killed them already. Gotta dilute my tea more next time, and measure my ewc's better.... thanks for popping in.

420alldaze

420alldaze

What up bro,my veg area is 6x7 with t5 and t12s on 18/6. My flower area is seperated by tarps. And is 8x9 with two 600s on 12/12. And a small 30 dollar heater. Temps in both areas stay around 74-78 42o

hiboy

hiboy

kewl bro always fun to start a new grow at a new location.
I was burning my fresh clones with my t5s that close so i moved em up at least 30 inches away. But if your girls are more established u probably wont have the same issue
some buckets of water might help ur rh a little if ur not going to get a humidifier
good luck
hb

Mogrow

Mogrow

What up bro,my veg area is 6x7 with t5 and t12s on 18/6. My flower area is seperated by tarps. And is 8x9 with two 600s on 12/12. And a small 30 dollar heater. Temps in both areas stay around 74-78 42o
great setup 420, thats whats good about basements they stay cool. still dialing in my veg area, its out in the open but have a good solid door at entrance of basement.

kewl bro always fun to start a new grow at a new location.
I was burning my fresh clones with my t5s that close so i moved em up at least 30 inches away. But if your girls are more established u probably wont have the same issue
some buckets of water might help ur rh a little if ur not going to get a humidifier
good luck
hb
wat up hiboy, went out and got some humidifers, RH is up to about 30 to 50%. I can live with that.
thanks for stopping in.

things vegging slowly due to night time temps of 59 degrees, finally got my heater dialed in so should be good there.

friend came over and we "flushed" a couple of plants i burnt with my ACT, di not cut it enough for the young plants. Plants are stunted but trying to pull out of it. Others look great.

Hard for newbie indoor to gain "cultural control"
Jazz Berry
Plushberry
fire alien x romulan, OGR
group shot

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
Right on Mo...Rock those Ghosts. I can't wait to see what you come up with bro...should be good.

hiboy

hiboy

New beans,
a new adventure..... unexplored terrain. Nice one
hb

Mogrow

Mogrow

Plants going along well, pulled a couple of males have 2 more going to use for pollen. Temps and humidity in room are good. Have a few bugs flying around I have not seen before, will give them some soap spray and see what they think about that. Basement will have water in it today as we had 4 inches of rain last night, but hey, we needed it. Tilled up backyard for garden spot last week, gonna be a good one, dirt was very fertile. Happy equinox, earliest spring in 116 years.
306 n wall trash 001
306 n wall 002
306 n wall 003
306 n wall 007

Mogrow

Mogrow

today planted 3 Seven Ghosts from Alien and 3 A-Train from TH Seeds.Not sure what i'll do with them but wanted to plant something.....
Gave big girls and boys nice alfalfa tea drink, it was real foamy, smelled good too. Trying to get the right amount as i have overfeed them before with thte tea. I brewed up 1 gallon of tea put about 1/2 in about 4 gallons of water. Didn't look real strong, lighter than an iced tea....
gotta get my flower room built and 1K light set up.
thinkin solis tek ballast, adjust a wing reflector and off brand bulb and replace bulb every grow...
peace mogrow

skunky nugz

skunky nugz

Loving you grow Mogrow. Keep it up. Fellow Basement Grower myself! Can't wait for this years outdoors. Got a bunch of AutoOG's I'm doing at a buddys backyard. Last year we did 3 and they were fire expecially for a auto strain. I was really surprised on potency and high. Yielded 2-3oz a plant. Up here in Washington its hard to get a strain to finish and not mold.

Top Bottom