Get More Bang Out Of Lower Grade Hash/flowers With The "rosin" Tech

• Thread starter CBDEMON
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
heat pressing is steam distillation littledabbie, it does go from a solid to a vapor, and is re-deposited. you will find proof in that super dry flowers will yield almost nothing, or nothing at all. the material needs to be quite damp to get good yield.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
heat pressing is steam distillation littledabbie, it does go from a solid to a vapor, and is re-deposited. you will find proof in that super dry flowers will yield almost nothing, or nothing at all. the material needs to be quite damp to get good yield.
Can it be re-hydrated???

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
You bet. I think the best stuff will be gained by properly dried and cured product, although just dried and kept moist will work well too.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter

The boiling point at which THC becomes a vapor is over 100 degrees hotter then water, Your not distilling anything other then terps and water, Heat pressing is nothing more then heat pressing the oil out of the nug onto parchment, its impossible to distill thc ...

The boiling points do not match...

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Adding water to a nug to heat press it does nothing more then allows the oil to become viscous enough to transfer from nug to parchment, hence why it don't work well with dry nugs, shit just absords back onto the nug its self.. The water causes the oil to become runny enough to transfer..

Its an extraction, not a distillation.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
ok well i can offer you one more bit of evidence, maybe this guy seems more credible: go to 3:20

or right at 3:30 is better.

Last edited:
Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
and i am not sure if you have tried it much, but if you did you would see it doesnt get pressed out, it transfers out in a ring around the bud, sometimes dispersed in small droplets over a small area.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Serious youtube, Ugh..

Listen water boil's at 212f THC boils at 350+ F.

Chemistry says its impossible.. If you wanna keep telling your self you can distill thc with water then be my guest....

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
fine, i dont really care what you believe, just trying to help you, but i see its useless. obviously you never paid enough attention.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
seriously, just listen to the snippet from 3:30 to 3:31:30

333:30 is pretty choice

Last edited:
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Seriously listen to FACT... You cant Distill thc with water... What realm of possible are you living in?

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
your facts are bullshit. someday, you may come around, i wish you luck.(DOUBLE HINT: start at 3:30 and PAY ATTENTION!).

extra tidbit: 3:33:33 is choice.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Hahaha... Coming from a guy made famous by water puriging bho im not at all hurt by that :D

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
Dude, its not my information. I dont actually care what you believe, but its best not to spread dis-information. You keep insisting that its impossible, yet bubblemans buddy who actually came up with the idea, and i linked you to, is a chemist. He seems to really know his science better than anyone else on hash church. But if you feel I am an idiot, and also they are all too, then I cant help you.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
And some Rare Berry Kush Flower Rosin after being purged at 95 degrees for 3 hours.
Pull and Snap Shatter, completely stable at room temp.

Love & Light,
~Sox

hey man, i was talking to skunkman sam on another site, and he said after you make some rosin, put it in the freezer to preserve terpenes. Why did you purge it anyway? You are just removing terpenes, there is no solvent to remove.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Yeah, if Mark from hash church is a well versed chemist and is saying that it's steam distillation and that is allowed to take place because the boiling temps are brought down in the presence of moisture, i'm inclined to believe him. These guys definitely understand these processes on a more intimate level than most. I agree with @Hashmasta-Kut on the dry flowers not producing rosin. Tried it a couple times and it just flattens it and no oil is extracted

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

So if you were actually using a steam distillery, would you be able to use dry flowers since it would basically rehydrate? And do you think fresh/undried flowers would work? Or be a chlorophyll soup?
he also mentioned how some of the terpenes actually become solvents, fascinating.

sox

sox

hey man, i was talking to skunkman sam on another site, and he said after you make some rosin, put it in the freezer to preserve terpenes. Why did you purge it anyway? You are just removing terpenes, there is no solvent to remove.
i know, look at Kushie Kandy's videos...he turned sappy unstable rosin into a perfect slab by purging it for 2-3 hours at 100 degrees...he also created solventless butter by whipping the rosin at 120 degrees. Im just messing around with it to see how many different consistancys i can come up with.

love & light,
~Sox

Top Bottom