Get More Bang Out Of Lower Grade Hash/flowers With The "rosin" Tech

• Thread starter CBDEMON
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

For those trying this method and also familiar with bho, does the rosin have equal amount of terp retention as proper bho? Or is the taste simply "hashy"?

Reactions: sox
Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
pretty sure properly done heat press oil has higher terps than any other method. its been tested, someone took medium grade bubble and measured its levels, then made it into heat press, and terp levels went way up. i think they have done other flower press tests too, i am not positive. Once more tests have been done we will know for sure.

See for example say you get a great extraction with butane, or by heat press, then after with the butane extract you purge out a lot of terpenes trying to get rid of solvent. but with the heat press extract, there is no purging, and in fact keeping it frozen will give the highest terp retention.

germinator

germinator

Don't get me wrong I love live resin n all concentrates like the next guy but I think if ya put the same little bud in a pax vaporizer at the lowest setting you would be far better off in terms of removing all good juju from the bud. This technique seems very wasteful to me.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Using bud is definitely a little bit on the wasteful side, but then again so is making all concentrates with buds. Using hash as a starting material your yields are really not bad. I got 50% or more back (some get more- I've only done it a couple times) and it was much much more enjoyable as rosin than 2* hash. It's all in how you use the tech, I don't think we'll be seeing people turn entire harvests into rosin just yet but it makes a very nice concentrate. Right on with the potency and terps of BHO with no solvents/mystery oils

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
usually, it surpasses BHO in potency and terp retention. some strains it seems wont heat press as well as BHO, but many will be a tastier extract heat pressed. it seems certain mixes of terpenes etc will extract well via heat press, others not so much.

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

I just made some using freshly trimmed buds. it works not as well tho

Last edited:
CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

pretty sure properly done heat press oil has higher terps than any other method. its been tested, someone took medium grade bubble and measured its levels, then made it into heat press, and terp levels went way up. i think they have done other flower press tests too, i am not positive. Once more tests have been done we will know for sure.

See for example say you get a great extraction with butane, or by heat press, then after with the butane extract you purge out a lot of terpenes trying to get rid of solvent. but with the heat press extract, there is no purging, and in fact keeping it frozen will give the highest terp retention.
a lot of people don't realize when you smoke cannabis most of the effects experienced are from the terpenes. Limonene for example is known to decrees stress levels and it also contains many medicinal qualities.

shemshemet

shemshemet

a lot of people don't realize when you smoke cannabis most of the effects experienced are from the terpenes. Limonene for example is known to decrees stress levels and it also contains many medicinal qualities.

I dont think most of the effects are from terpenes. Otherwise high potency cannabis wouldn't have been bred for over the years. Which is has been bred for, wayyy before any testing was done.

I think that most of the differences in effects are from the different terpenes and terpene ratios.

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

I dont think most of the effects are from terpenes. Otherwise high potency cannabis wouldn't have been bred for over the years. Which is has been bred for, wayyy before any testing was done.

I think that most of the differences in effects are from the different terpenes and terpene ratios.
i don't understand sorry... not to be rude or anything it's just at first you say "i don't think most of the effects are from the terpenes" and then you say " i think that most of the effects are from the different terpene and terpene ratios." From my understanding it sounds like we agree with each other lol.

shemshemet

shemshemet

Sorry Canada, what is mean is this:

You said "when you smoke cannabis most of the effects are from the terpenes"

But that isn't the case. Otherwise eating an orange or a lemon or a mango would get you high.

What I am saying is that THC is still the most important factor. Terpenes and cannabinoids really haven't been studied together enough to say anything conclusive about their psychoactive effects. What is known is that THC gets you high, it has high psychoactive effects.

My opinion is that the terpenes are important for the subtle differences in different strains/samples. So most of the effects experienced are from THC, but most of the difference in effects are from the terpenes. Again, terpenes don't get you high, but they can alter the high.

Edit: Most of the DIFFERENCES in the high are from terpene - cannabinoid reactions.

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

But that isn't the case. Otherwise eating an orange or a lemon or a mango would get you high.

What I am saying is that THC is still the most important factor. Terpenes and cannabinoids really haven't been studied together enough to say anything conclusive about their psychoactive effects. What is known is that THC gets you high, it has high psychoactive effects.

My opinion is that the terpenes are important for the subtle differences in different strains/samples. So most of the effects experienced are from THC, but most of the difference in effects are from the terpenes. Again, terpenes don't get you high, but they can alter the high.

Edit: Most of the DIFFERENCES in the high are from terpene - cannabinoid reactions.
people focus too much on thc.. ok i get your theory on eating the fruit.. but do you know why citrus and pines are the chosen scents for cleaning products? becuase the scent of citrus alleviate stress immediately. And the industry is geared toward keeping you happy, while you clean lol! the volatile gases released from the terpenes have very strong emotional effects. it's why people have and always will drink lemon water, also the citrus is medicinal. I think if you were to extract the terpenes from citrus peel then smoked it or ingested it another way you would get pretty "high". I'm still sticking to my old guns/ terpenes are responsible for most the of the "high" effects of cannabis.

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

how were plants bred before scientific sreening. we always say.. i dont keep a plant if the stem rub dosent stink. or we breed based on effect combined with terpenes.. usually a grower will drop a plant that dosent have good taste eve if its potent. so cannabis potency and terpenes go hand in hand.

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

what is high? increased heart rate, then a decrease in heart rate, stimulation then sedation, hallucinations, body temperate fluctuation, appetite increases appreciation of art. the effects are so wide ranging.. and those are just a few of the psysicl and pyscological effects of cannabis. to say thc IS what get's "high" is like saying the sun and the sun only is what gives rise to life on earth. what is high?

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

@shemshemet I get what you're going for and from my understanding it is not either thc or terps but both cannabinoids and terpines that have synergistic effects i.e. the entourage effect. An example would be the terpene Limonene, said to increase the effects of thc. Also, different varieties effect each person differently (to certain degrees)based on individual body chemistry.

Calixylon

Calixylon

If you look at the facebook response its pretty cool, did i think it was some ghetto ass way to make gross oil like the kind you find on the inside of a vaporizer, with similar flavor yea. But it looks like it makes a decent product with the smount of people doing it successfully. The one thing that i think is nice is finally folks who live in states where fullmelt dabbable oil is hard to come by, but flowers arent they can make some fullmelt dabs for their head. Production wise, its a fucking joke unless you outsource to some other country and hire rosin children to scrape up your little pressed oil thing. Havent tried it but thinking i may steal some chicks hair straithener and bust out some buds. The yield on kief and b grade sift is great though. Definetly would do that before using buds, also your not yielding jack shit

Calixylon

Calixylon

The reason products are designed to smell like citrus isnt because it makes you think of happy thoughts, its because limonene is a intense solvent that can be used to strip dirt and grime from things.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

What sort of yield are people getting with this tek, percentage wise?

Latest posts

Top Bottom