Gettin My Grow On

• Thread starter juiceyjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Got some pics to show growth with FIM technique. Not growing as fast as I want because my room is getting to 55° at night and only 68-70 the whole day but I'll be fixing that this weekend.

These are my 2 OGKB one is untrained the other I FIM'D and pinched about 2 nodes down. I count 5 tops but it looks like more might be coming out of new growth

20151106 052154
20151106 051908
juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Got my electric bill and dam was I surprised In a good way. I'm only paying 10 cents a kwh and even in the 4th tier it only goes up to 18. I'm going to be loving this, I thought for sure my electric bill was going to be like $100+ but it was $34 WTF

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

I went into my room to look at my plants and I had a few spider mites ; ( its 50° at night and it hasn't gotten over 65° in there in a week. So I decided it's time to get a grow tent. Ordered it today hopefully it's here Friday :)

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Thanks for the tip. I think that the clones came with mites from the club I bought them from. Didn't pay attention when I got them but u can definitely see they were treated with neem

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Thanks for the tip. I think that the clones came with mites from the club I bought them from. Didn't pay attention when I got them but u can definitely see they were treated with neem
Those clones must be covered in them. Start from fresh..

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Well I wouldn't say they are trash. I have no visible spider mite dmg webs or anything. They are my only 6 plants if they were risking contamination of other plants I would toss them.

Also I drove 3.5hours and paid $100 for these strains so I'll be trying to save them don't want to just give em up.

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Updated pic. They are looking nice and healthy only one has discolored leaves at bottom because those were like that when I bought them

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Well I wouldn't say they are trash. I have no visible spider mite dmg webs or anything. They are my only 6 plants if they were risking contamination of other plants I would toss them.

Also I drove 3.5hours and paid $100 for these strains so I'll be trying to save them don't want to just give em up.
I respect that.
But longterm if the spider mites don't get wiped out and reinfest you during flower it just be cheaper to start fresh than to have finance a full fledged war later on in the grow.

Best of luck!
Peace

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Thanks for advice shroom. I hope soon to be popping seeds and selecting phenos that I want like you but in not quite there yet. Going to take some time but I say in about 6 months I'll be ready for that. I have to rebuy every little thing because I gave all mine away 2 years ago and the price tag is adding up pretty quick.

But with the help of the pros on this forum I'm confident I can be growing better then I ever did.

Be sure to drop by every once in awhile and give your advice ShroomKing I've seen your secret garden and I wouldn't mind a few pointers when I start flower in about a month :)

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Well I haven't posted in a few days but hopefully I can get some pics up this weekend when my grow tent gets here! Just popped some mystery seeds I've had for about 2 years put them in soil today let's hope for the best :)

Also just got 2 LA confidential seeds from a bag of fire I got from the club. Hopefully I get a female cuz I love this strain

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

This is how I popped my seeds lol. Only thing in my house that stays warm all day in the winter. MacGyver status baby :)

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

So I got an email from amazon that I didn't notice until yesterday. Apparently I bought an out of stock grow tent and they refunded me my money. But I also got an email saying my package is on the way with a tracking number and everything. Checked my tracking and says it will be here wednesday. Hopefully amazon messed up and I get a free $140 grow tent :) fingers crossed

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

So I got an email from amazon that I didn't notice until yesterday. Apparently I bought an out of stock grow tent and they refunded me my money. But I also got an email saying my package is on the way with a tracking number and everything. Checked my tracking and says it will be here wednesday. Hopefully amazon messed up and I get a free $140 grow tent :) fingers crossed

Hehehe I hope you get it.

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Co-worker/friend hooked me up today. They are all mystery bag seeds from dank he has been smoking the past 6-7 years. Hopefully there is a hidden gem in here!

BlackBeard

BlackBeard

plants are coming along well, hope you got those mites killed, if not get some harka mectin, 1 or 2 drops in 2L of water and spray your plants and the inside of your grow area, works every time and is cheap as hell.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

One spray bottle with half white vinegar and half water and another spray bottle with about 1/4 hydrogen peroxide and the rest distilled water will kill mite eggs and everything else to clean your room. Spray an area with one bottle and then the other and then wipe clean with a dry rag, work in small patches to make it easier. The peroxide kills living organisms because it is a base, the vinegar is an acid and speeds up the process. It doesnt matter which one you spray first just as long as they are sprayed on one another before wiping. Wear gloves because it will kill the skin wherever the two liquids touch and do not breathe the mists.

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Hey guys thanks for the advice @BlackBeard and @3N1GM4. Got the mites under control hopefully my grow tent is here in 2 days so they are not so exposed to everything like they are. But they are gong nice and looking great

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Couple little additions to the farm

Had to use a Q-tip, all i could find quickly. Came out and it was bent over because it shot out of the ground and straight up. Standing on its own now not touching the Q-tip anymore after 2 hours. The tall one is 3 days the other is 2 days.

20151116 062900
20151116 062950
juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Others I just planted today after germinating them in a paper towel. They are all bag seeds from dank over the years. Hoping for some fire :) one is a LA confidential

Top Bottom