GGA's skunk #1 under an XS2000!

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I forgot to dampen my paper towels last night so my rh got really low but still really good growth.
I'm going to let it grow out a week of 2 and then I'll start lst.
IMG 0118

Last edited:
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I don't think that's out of the ordinary for a plant that size at all. A few cultivars (I forgot which) never grow more than 3. 👍

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
So the stems coming out of the node that's 3rd from the top grew a lot while the other ones were recovering, but literally overnight, the ones that are 2nd from the top shot up and are now the tallest. The top one's that I accidentally cut a bit are just recovering now so I wonder what they're going to do.
IMG 0124

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
not imo, i think you've done a good job like that. open her up will allow the new development to get airflow and light to grow.
I've already tried but the stems are just too short and skinny. The whole plant is only around 4 inches tall.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
After 15 minutes of fiddling, I was able to point the tallest ones to the side:
IMG 0127

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I haven't had a single leaf that's more than 3 fingers yet.

I think its because you are training it way too early and it is too stressed trying to straighten out and grow to mature.

I would never bend or cut a plant before 5-6 true nodes. And even then it just slows them down. I just bend them the first weeks of 12/12. I want the most growth i can get with my system in veg. No hurdles for the plant gives more plant in flower for the same time vegged.

Just my feelings on this. I have compared a lot of training at all stages.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I think its because you are training it way too early and it is too stressed trying to straighten out and grow to mature.

I would never bend or cut a plant before 5-6 true nodes. And even then it just slows them down. I just bend them the first weeks of 12/12. I want the most growth i can get with my system in veg. No hurdles for the plant gives more plant in flower for the same time vegged.

The end game determines the training. Some plants get let go, some get whipped and tied like an s&m dungeon. The 1lb challenge plant wouldn't make it without heavy topping and training, my autos get a tie down if they're lucky now. "What's your goal?" is my question.

Have a goal. Make a plan. Stick to it. 👍

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter

I usually wait for more nodes but people were telling me it was big enough. I'm still happy with how it's going.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
As a general rule for me, I try not to take more leaf matter than what's being left over when I'm topping. Does that make sense?

When you top at the 5th or 6 node there's always more leaf matter underneath if you do it at the 3rd node that's not always the case because you wind up with the single bladed leaves down there too.

Should add that I don't FIM. I wait until I have clear stem/space to chop

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
From here I'm just going to wait and stop messing with it. Maybe a bit of maneuvering to get the tops more equal but that's it for now.

Anyone know what's going on with that leaf on the left? I think I spilt some nute water on it but curious what you guys think.
IMG 0132

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Just found a stem growing out of one of the cotyledons. Not sure if this is normal or not.
IMG 0141

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I turned up the brightness on my light and did some more training. For some reason the two tops I got from topping were super fragile so I just left them for a while even though they were towering above all the others. I decided it would just be better to cut it off and focus on all the others.
IMG 0145

growsince79

growsince79

Solid advice. Bending too soon will only retard growth and give lower yields.

Latest posts

Top Bottom