finally a small contribution to this monster Goo thread Cherry Picker at 27 ish
IMG 0059
IMG 0060
IMG 0061

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Goo it definitely has to do with light and food. There is no doubt about it. I specifically want to figure out what element though. I think they like a lot more P and K actually.

I planted 4 3x3 beds in one long row under 4 gavitas. I planted 2 beds in 50/50 H&G coco/hydroton with worm castings, and the other 2 in 50/50 tupur/perlite with castings. I also used fasilitor at double dose the first couple weeks.

At first the tupur beds blew up. Like they looked like they were straight CRUSHING. beautiful green, praying to the sky. The chow beds were slower. They didn't stretch so much. I thought for sure the tupur would win. They were just fuller and healthier. They still may win yield wise, but def. not structure wise. Fast forward to week 6. The chow buds are straight swollen. Biggest cookie flowers I have seen. I fed them all the same, light GH 3 part @ 3mL/gal of grow, bloom, micro. Then at week 3 I started adding my homemade MOAB @ 2mL/gal.

The tupur gave all crumbs, but the lowers look bigger than the tops, and are tighter stacked as well.

So this leads me to believe it is light for sure, and possible heat associated with light. I also think it has something to do with a particular element. Not sure if you have seen my thread on how light spectrum affects nutrient uptake... Also Tupur has extra Ca in the form of oyster shell, and Ca will help the plant grow like mad, but it also can lock up P.

Anyway I haven't pinpointed it yet, but at some point this year I will run 8 beds of cookies each with a different profile and take notes. I am sure I will figure this out and then I will let you all in on how to bake your cookies to perfection.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I've gotten my biggest cookie nugs far from the light and plenty of P, she didn't get any K on my biggest run...or minimal amounts from seaweed but no base or guano with any K...
This by no means says that you couldn't get baseball cookie bats with a different approach of nutrition and tons of light, this is just what I've experienced. The people I know that get the biggest yields with all other strains are not doing well with cookies, and me thinks its the heavy handed approach they have grown accustomed to...

IMG 4644
IMG 4645
IMG 4646

soserthc1

soserthc1

until i posted the above picture she was directly under the light and not doing to well , considering it was a slow vegger i assumed it was just a slow starter in flower also , after cleaning the room last week , she was moved to the outskirts of the foot print and has made dramatic increase in health and yield ^^^ above post are making sense to me providing cherry pie grows as cookies

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
@baba G , dam dog, them some cookie Spears!! This round i have my Fourm the farthest away from the lights some are 2-2.5 ft away from vertical bulbs( and a very cool part of the room) and seem to be stacking the best by far of all my 4 cookie runs. Ive been feeding pretty hard jus cuz I'm lazy and don't want to do a custom formula started flower @ 1.5 ec and I'm at day 42 @2.1 ec. Worst run i had with her was directly under my non vented hoods. I think she don't like all that light.

confu

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
until i posted the above picture she was directly under the light and not doing to well , considering it was a slow vegger i assumed it was just a slow starter in flower also , after cleaning the room last week , she was moved to the outskirts of the foot print and has made dramatic increase in health and yield ^^^ above post are making sense to me providing cherry pie grows as cookies
does your cherry picker reek like some candied purple bliss? The phenotype I've kept reeks from the start and just intensifies and tastes like cannabis bouillion! lol

Mtngrown

Mtngrown

I've gotten my biggest cookie nugs far from the light and plenty of P, she didn't get any K on my biggest run...or minimal amounts from seaweed but no base or guano with any K...
This by no means says that you couldn't get baseball cookie bats with a different approach of nutrition and tons of light, this is just what I've experienced. The people I know that get the biggest yields with all other strains are not doing well with cookies, and me thinks its the heavy handed approach they have grown accustomed to...

View attachment 376034 View attachment 376035 View attachment 376036
BANG BANG KILLA!
IMG 39443692363342

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Anyway I haven't pinpointed it yet, but at some point this year I will run 8 beds of cookies each with a different profile and take notes. I am sure I will figure this out and then I will let you all in on how to bake your cookies to perfection.
Awesome Cap...You know, we all want to read that thread! :woot:

Last edited:
O

Organicyumyum

Goo it definitely has to do with light and food. There is no doubt about it. I specifically want to figure out what element though. I think they like a lot more P and K actually.

I planted 4 3x3 beds in one long row under 4 gavitas. I planted 2 beds in 50/50 H&G coco/hydroton with worm castings, and the other 2 in 50/50 tupur/perlite with castings. I also used fasilitor at double dose the first couple weeks.

At first the tupur beds blew up. Like they looked like they were straight CRUSHING. beautiful green, praying to the sky. The chow beds were slower. They didn't stretch so much. I thought for sure the tupur would win. They were just fuller and healthier. They still may win yield wise, but def. not structure wise. Fast forward to week 6. The chow buds are straight swollen. Biggest cookie flowers I have seen. I fed them all the same, light GH 3 part @ 3mL/gal of grow, bloom, micro. Then at week 3 I started adding my homemade MOAB @ 2mL/gal.

The tupur gave all crumbs, but the lowers look bigger than the tops, and are tighter stacked as well.

So this leads me to believe it is light for sure, and possible heat associated with light. I also think it has something to do with a particular element. Not sure if you have seen my thread on how light spectrum affects nutrient uptake... Also Tupur has extra Ca in the form of oyster shell, and Ca will help the plant grow like mad, but it also can lock up P.

Yo Cap, I definitely think that they like less light, but I will say I have had them right under the lights and still had great results. I honestly think that it has to do with overfeeding. I have fed mine super light the last few runs and they have definitely been the most swollen that they've been.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
After pruning my cookies I noticed the smaller plants (1 oz.) size had double the frost as the bigger cookie plants (1.5-2 oz) & I'm talkin way more frost..
think it's the distance from the lights on the smaller plants?

Top Bottom