• Start date
  • Tagged users None
DocMcPuffin

DocMcPuffin

20151215 172935
20151215 173008

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Never really been a fan of the Cookies either, I started a thread over on IC a few years ago that started a real shitstorm lol to this day I've only tried one sample that rocked my boat and that was from my pal @leafdoctor1.

I will say this in the defense of a lot of strains and/or crosses though, they're only as good as the grower's skills, everybody and their momma is growing mj now some are in it for the right reasons and some in it for others. Truth is there's just a lot of crappy ass pot growers out here growing cuts they shouldn't be, their skill levels are not ready for OG or Chem yet just because it's the flavor of the month and they have to have it. People have to crawl before they walk but in this world of instant gratification all bets are off..... I'm not even gonna touch on the way fake me out cuts get renamed and passed around, then you're dealing with a clone that has been making the rounds before getting into your hands so it may be full of disease and viruses or worse.

Thanks for that, I have a Large Jar of GSC that never really gets smoked, its got a 2 year cure now LOL!!! whenever one of my friends is out I always dip into the jar and they are always pleased... For me though... I enjoy the Pure Indicas and the Pure Sativas, the Hybrids half to be leaning heavily to either side, but that is just me, GSC is a great strain, just not for me.

Great thread :)

Z

zbudz

The specific smells I can't relate to, but I have the same stomach issues. I've used the bathroom, to go #2, 6 times already today. Word. It smells like Sour Diesel & I'm starting to wonder if I smoke to much lol.

I throw up at least 3 times a week. The only time I can/will eat is after medicating. Doctors say it's just severe IBS...but on top of everything else I deal with, it sucks.

Have you tried vaping with an oil pen? That's the only thing that works for nausea for family member with severe IBD.

epitome

epitome

I only lasted three days quitting.....so im smoking something called wife now from Terrapin station in Denver its a high cbd low thc strand that is absolutely torture to smoke (smells unique and looks great)....with that said i think most strains that fall short for us potheads is due to our high tolerance of smoking high thc flowers with complex terpene profiles creating a a demand for "the same" and when we dont get "the same" quality im guessing the new fallen short flower is due to a simple terpene profile which in turn has a boring entourage effect wether its tested high in thc or not....does that make sense?

So being the hypocritical little experimentalist i am ...im going to torture myself with smoking the rest of this high cbd plant before trying a very respected thcfarmers buds and im hypothesizing a mind blowing high again and very medicinal experience...how long that last i assume depends on my tolerance response to these upcoming buds ...
To be continued

Minitiger

Minitiger

Thanks for that, I have a Large Jar of GSC that never really gets smoked, its got a 2 year cure now LOL!!! whenever one of my friends is out I always dip into the jar and they are always pleased... For me though... I enjoy the Pure Indicas and the Pure Sativas, the Hybrids half to be leaning heavily to either side, but that is just me, GSC is a great strain, just not for me.

Great thread :)

Just outta curiosity (and I know you're kinda joking re: the "2 year cure"), but have you noticed any differences in the type of high as the months and, I guess years, have progressed? Again, I started this thread to hear (or rather, read) other people's opinions about GSC. I'm not hating. Just curious. Did jarring it up for two years make a difference in the way it smoked?

Z

zbudz

I only lasted three days quitting.....so im smoking something called wife now from Terrapin station in Denver its a high cbd low thc strand that is absolutely torture to smoke (smells unique and looks great)....with that said i think most strains that fall short for us potheads is due to our high tolerance of smoking high thc flowers with complex terpene profiles creating a a demand for "the same" and when we dont get "the same" quality im guessing the new fallen short flower is due to a simple terpene profile which in turn has a boring entourage effect wether its tested high in thc or not....does that make sense?

So being the hypocritical little experimentalist i am ...im going to torture myself with smoking the rest of this high cbd plant before trying a very respected thcfarmers buds and im hypothesizing a mind blowing high again and very medicinal experience...how long that last i assume depends on my tolerance response to these upcoming buds ...
To be continued

Had some high CBD Cannatonic #4 (CBD 13.5%, THC 3%) left over that I procured for a family member with IBD and who did NOT like the taste when vaporizing. So I tried combusting the other day. Not really unpleasant, but it just didn't do anything for me. I believe that the future of high CBD cannabis is not in smoking but in extracts.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

To be continued

I think the problem there is that you're smoking terrapin bud.

epitome

epitome

I think the problem there is that you're smoking terrapin bud.
Gaurunteed but uh ya im a loner and dont really meet people anymore....im anti social for the most part. I love most potheads but shit just changes with age ya know...i barely keep intouch with my siblings and less with my cousins and havent talked with my best friends very much ever since i started growing in 03 ...i doubt its inevitable for everyone but growing takes a toll on relationships ...legalization hasnt changed that much either...sure has made most complacent tho. Anywhooo im sleeping in the bed i made. I have to thank God i still get halfway decent sleep...
@We Solidarity if we havent smoked before i have a feeling we will one day ✌

epitome

epitome

I went to.the one in boulder once because I was out and I looked at every jar and only one wasn't full of nanners and immature seeds
One on mississipi has killer "white slipper" sometimes its the good kind of killer and sometimes the bad kind of killer (eagle 20 should come with skull and bones)

Last edited:
We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I went to.the one in boulder once because I was out and I looked at every jar and only one wasn't full of nanners and immature seeds

Sounds like my experience but with uncut fan leaves that still had pm on them

Junk

Junk

Yeah jim and im VERY impressed sofar.its the animal walker i have skywalker og x animal mints(just blazins version of a male animal cookie)i tried to get the high octane but they went fast.if youv got em you should pop em.iv never heard a bad word says about seed junky gear..heres a couple of snaps of the 2 a-walker phenos i got.
Cookie leaner.strangely this ones gonna be the best yeilderView attachment 561558 View attachment 561559 View attachment 561560 View attachment 561562skywalker og leanerView attachment 561564 View attachment 561565 View attachment 561566i forgot to mention,i ran some s2 gsc a while back and they wernt up go much.looked awesome and smelled ok but they didnt smoke that good.no were near as good as the devine s1.
Also id like to add that alot of growers can get good genetics,have great grow rooms and good grow skills and harvest some lovely buds but if they dont take the time to dry and cure it properly the good nugs will just smoke average.alot of growers let themselves down with theyr drying and curing practices by tryin to rush it.after all that effort whats an extra couple of weeks to make sure you end up with a good product.nothing but people cut corners here anyway thinking it doesnt matter too much.well it does.
Are you growing in Coco?

Junk

Junk

I am another smoker that finds gsc weak-sauce. High is so so, yield is shit. Just not something that even comes close to the hype that is all over the boards. I give it a 7 at best, grown perfectly. That being said I have smoked some hybrids that were much better: wookies was fire, divine genetics Chemcookies was really good, candy land was very nice. The only strain that has lived up to the hype to me lately is the glue. I know a lot of people feel the same way about the glue, that I feel about gsc......but the glue gets me smashed ripped if I take it 75 days organically.....and it yields twice as much as gsc. But as its been said many times: different strains have different efficacy person to person.
Whose Glue are you talking about?

epitome

epitome

Sounds like my experience but with uncut fan leaves that still had pm on them
Ill second that one and they have what they call true live resin for80$ a gram its just a shame or sham but it is what it is but i wont be trying true live or true dead resin anytime soon lol

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm talking about gorilla glue #4 that I grew. Glue has many fans and many haters lol.
Not gonna lie when glue first hit the scene I was like here we go again another cookie hype strain then I tried some and it blew me away and I was on the quest for it ever since

Afghi

Afghi

Yep. I said it. I dunno how this strain got so popular, but it's just okay. And I know multiple heads who feel the same way. Nothing to write home about. I've smoked probably four dozen different batches of this from who knows how many growers, but it's always the same: smells like an empty box of "Thin Mints" smells (I dunno about you, but stale minty cardboard ain't what I'm looking for in my meds), tastes a little bit better and the high is just, like, whatever.... It does nothing for me, except motivate me to smoke something good.

I've tried and tried to figure out what it is that people think is so great about it, but for me, there's nothing there. Believe me, I wanted to find out what all the hype was about, I wanted to love it, but it just seems like another example of someone somehow hyping a strain that isn't really all that great. And I'm not even knocking the breeders, because I looooooove Cherry Pie. I'd take that over GSC every time. Cherry Pie has it all: looks, unbelievable nose, tastes fucking ridiculous and a really kick-ass high, too. And compare GSC to really stellar strains like Sour Diesel, Goji, Mango Haze, Skywalker OG (or Larry and Tahoe), SSH, Stevie Wonder (which is my current "favorite strain"). Go back even further to Neville's Haze or a real Chem or Power Plant or Durban Poison or whatever... GSC is absolutely forgettable. The only reason I even remember it is because everybody keeps talking about it and it's in every dispensary in California. I still look at the jars, thinking,"Maybe this'll be the time...." and I still go,"Eh... Can I take a look at that Ancient OG, please?"

Just wanted to speak my mind. GSC is an average strain, at best. Been wanting to talk about this for a while and I'm sure there'll be plenty of hating. If someone can enlighten me and tell me why it's so great, I'm all ears. But after hundreds of bowls/j's of this, I'm just like,"Ok, now let's smoke something good...."

I recently had the chance to try some gsc as well and feel the same about the strain. I had an ounce that was from 2 different plants, one had a bit of an odd smell i didn't care for and one had a nice dank smell in the background, but the high is nothing special. I think what happen's is the same thing with a lot of strain's. The true original might have actually been a killer strain, but the stuff that get's spread around is probably never as good as the original that made the strain famous. I read an article about granddaddy purps where the guy said he spent thousands of dollars sampling gdp from numerous dispenseries all over la county and never got the true strain until he fi ally was gifted a clone from a navajo guy and then realised why the plant was so special. A lot of times the original plant get's crossed with something and although it might maintain most of its smell it might lose the special ratio of cannibinoids that made it so special in the first place. For the past decade or two it seems people think high thc is all that matters, and that a plant with 25 % thc is so muxh better then a plant that has 22 % thc.. the best smoke i ever had was an old afghi plant inwas growing about 15 years ago. This plant had very little visable crystal on it, looked shaggy and a bit like dirt weed but had the dankest most amazing smell that penetrated walls like crazy, and the high was so strong and had a crazh euphoric feeling that it was more similar to a heroin high then pot, and it lasted a good 4 hours. I have only once on my life found a strain that had that crazy euphoric high and i have been trying to find another strain like that fornthe past several years with no luck. I grow the rockstar kush for the past couple years, i got the plant from a bagseed i rescued a d am glad i did. This rockstar has an awesome pungeant smell similar to the afghi, only doesn't quite penetrate walls the same way my afghi did, but its a great strain and ive been smoking pretty much nothing but this rockstar for a couple years and never get tired of it, but it doesn't have that crazy euphoric high im looking for. When i hear of these famous strains like gsc and gdp i always hear that the original had a euphoric high and it makes me think of the afghi. If i had the afghi nowdays i absolutely guarantee it could be one of those famous strains. I think that amazing euphoric high might come from the right ratio of thc/cbd... i watched a documentary called should i smoke dope where this british woman has a pure thc and then a thc with cbd injected into her arm.. with pure thc she gets all paranoid and clearly is not having a nice time but then with the cbd/thc injection she is floating around in a dreamland like state, exactly the way the afghi made you feel. Last time i had some good afghi was a few years back, it wasn't close to being as strong as my old plant but it did have that euphoric high so ewhat, i smoked a joint then laid down on my lawn in my backyard and felt like i was high on morphine or so ething.. i wish i could find that special strain again that truly had that euphoric high

Minitiger

Minitiger

I recently had the chance to try some gsc as well and feel the same about the strain. I had an ounce that was from 2 different plants, one had a bit of an odd smell i didn't care for and one had a nice dank smell in the background, but the high is nothing special. I think what happen's is the same thing with a lot of strain's. The true original might have actually been a killer strain, but the stuff that get's spread around is probably never as good as the original that made the strain famous. I read an article about granddaddy purps where the guy said he spent thousands of dollars sampling gdp from numerous dispenseries all over la county and never got the true strain until he fi ally was gifted a clone from a navajo guy and then realised why the plant was so special. A lot of times the original plant get's crossed with something and although it might maintain most of its smell it might lose the special ratio of cannibinoids that made it so special in the first place. For the past decade or two it seems people think high thc is all that matters, and that a plant with 25 % thc is so muxh better then a plant that has 22 % thc.. the best smoke i ever had was an old afghi plant inwas growing about 15 years ago. This plant had very little visable crystal on it, looked shaggy and a bit like dirt weed but had the dankest most amazing smell that penetrated walls like crazy, and the high was so strong and had a crazh euphoric feeling that it was more similar to a heroin high then pot, and it lasted a good 4 hours. I have only once on my life found a strain that had that crazy euphoric high and i have been trying to find another strain like that fornthe past several years with no luck. I grow the rockstar kush for the past couple years, i got the plant from a bagseed i rescued a d am glad i did. This rockstar has an awesome pungeant smell similar to the afghi, only doesn't quite penetrate walls the same way my afghi did, but its a great strain and ive been smoking pretty much nothing but this rockstar for a couple years and never get tired of it, but it doesn't have that crazy euphoric high im looking for. When i hear of these famous strains like gsc and gdp i always hear that the original had a euphoric high and it makes me think of the afghi. If i had the afghi nowdays i absolutely guarantee it could be one of those famous strains. I think that amazing euphoric high might come from the right ratio of thc/cbd... i watched a documentary called should i smoke dope where this british woman has a pure thc and then a thc with cbd injected into her arm.. with pure thc she gets all paranoid and clearly is not having a nice time but then with the cbd/thc injection she is floating around in a dreamland like state, exactly the way the afghi made you feel. Last time i had some good afghi was a few years back, it wasn't close to being as strong as my old plant but it did have that euphoric high so ewhat, i smoked a joint then laid down on my lawn in my backyard and felt like i was high on morphine or so ething.. i wish i could find that special strain again that truly had that euphoric high

Yep, I agree that thc percentages don't mean shit. It's the combination of all of the different cannabinoids, terpenoids and whatever all else that makes every weed strain unique. When you're breeding strictly for huge thc percentages, I feel like you're kind of... I dunno, losing sight (maybe not the best phrase, but it'll do) of the plant as a whole. I also agree that plants with uber-high levels of thc without at least a little other cannabinoids tend to make me paranoid, as well.

There's an interview with DJ Short somewhere where he talks about the best weed he ever smoked and how those strains routinely tested at around 8% thc. He theorized what I just stated above: that it's the combination of everything that makes for a truly enjoyable smoking experience, not just "How much thc does it contain?".

Btw, the weed DJ Short was referring to was shit he got in like the late 70s/early 80s. I always wondered how he knew the thc content of those strains, as there really weren't any testing facilities that you could just send a sample to. I mean, I'm sure those facilities existed, but I don't think back then some underground grower could just freely take herb to get tested, like you can nowadays. But that's another discussion for a different thread, I suppose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom