Gmd's Freaky Grow Dungeon

• Thread starter guymandude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
guymandude

guymandude

yup thanks fellas. When i go organic, i'll be doing the worm castings. Using castings would throw off the pH in the substrate, i think. I'm i'm wrong, speak up please. For now, I need something that will work with the AN i am using. I'm still pissed off at AN for changing their formula to ph perfect. I haven't gotten the results i used to get when I was suing the old Sensi Bloom since they changed it. Full strength is way too much, where i used to give full strength, feed , water, feed, water, etc and the buds were huge and plentiful. I'm running the current flower room at right around 10ml A&B and the plants are respinding favorably. I honestly think i got a bad couple batches of Great White. the problem has been when i pot up, the coco under the transplanted pot would stay too wet for too long and swing acidic. I'd start getting mg deficiencies, slow growth, very slow root growth. SO with the current round of inoculants, that has been showing signs of improvement. fingers crossed.

guymandude

guymandude

i started using the Azos and Mykos last week. within 3 days I had roots coming out of the bottoms of a few pots. Now all plants are growing like crazy.

here's a couple shots from the flower room. Blue Sunshine is the first. Other 2 are Fruity Pebbles OG. The Blue Sunshine is not the happiest plants i have ever grown but she's coming along.....

guymandude

guymandude

this fruity pebbles og girl is doing very well. She's frosty and at 7 weeks might only have another week to go. I checked trichs last night while flushing her and there's some clear still so we'll see how that progresses in the next week or so. A couple places mentioned she likes to go 8-9 weeks.

Sensi Bloom A&B 12-14 ml, Azos, Mykos, B52, Big Bud and molasses. I gave 2 feedings with Overdrive replacing Big Bud in week 6.

one thing i've learned about AN is most of their base nutrients are made to be used with their additives and they compliment and boost each other. Whether that's good or bad, who knows, but i've not really strayed from their stable much? maybe that's my problem........

that being said i am seriously considering picking up all three of the AN root inculants and giving them all a go at the same time, as they are designed to do. It's gonna be awful expensive. I remember not having many root problems when i was using Voodoo Juice. At the very least, and in the near future i'll grab some voodoo juice and add that to the veg nutes. Too expensive to get all three for me at the moment.

guymandude

guymandude

in doing some research, I found a very nice study conducted using AN's Voodoo Juice, Piranha, and Tarantula (root inoculants). The study was conducted by a University in Bulgaria, by sciency kinda folks, on Poinsettias, which is not cannabis but it is a pretty flowery kinda plant.

using these products increased biomass, root mass and interestingly enough flower mass, without the addition of bud boosters.

now this study does not compare these products with other roots products, such as Great White, Azos, Mykos, etc. I'm currently looking for studies on these products as well, in order to be fair. That being said, im not seeing much of anything but customer reviews on Amazon and some growers posting results on different forums for these products

Here is the study:

guymandude

guymandude

ok so in the interest of comparison, I ordered some Voodoo Juice and Piranha. The Mykos and AZOS have improved rooted growth in most of my plants, some strains reacted very very well. That being said, it did not improve root growth in all of my plants. So, I decided to give these a try. I'm thinking since these two products are liquid (yes I know i'm paying for water....) they might colonize the substrate faster and more efficiently. Yes they are expensive, but if they work better than what i have been using, it will be worth it to me. Voodoo Juice is a bacterial inoculant and Piranha is fungal.

That being said, The Fruity Pebbles OG is a definite keeper. Taking more clones today. The flavor and buzz are both amazing. Taking more clones of the Blueberry Yum Yum too, and more Double Strawberry Diesel. Not sure if i am keeping the Skywalker Kush or not. This one is very tall and lanky, unlike when i grew it before. It may have something to do with the root growth problems i'm having. Reminds me of the GG#4 i have. If the smoke wasn't so killer, i'd toss it in a heart beat.

I think I'm close to finally bringing home an iCookies girl in flower. The rooting problem has been plaguing this strain for me for a long time. So, I'll be grabbing more clones of her today too. i think if i can get this girl to grow healthy and big, using the voodoo juice and piranha, i'll be sold on them.

guymandude

guymandude

i have some new babies here at the Freakshow. I have 3 1988G13Hashplant above ground from seed. Still waiting on the PacAir G13 to pop and 3 Chocolope too. I'll be dropping 3 more Pac Air G13 into starter plugs today..... my last 3. wish me luck

guymandude

guymandude

hey thanks. they haven't popped yet. I'll be moving them to a warmer area today. fingers crossed

here's some shots of an MK Ultra I harvested last week. Such a great strain. The flavfor is fruity with some lemon citrus. The buzz is fun, weird, and melllows into a beautiful stone after a while. ..... gonna keep this one around for a minute

guymandude

guymandude

I've been tokin on some Pineapple Garlic this week. I think it's from the west coast. I grabbed a fat sack from a good friend. Tastes like the west coast anyway. Phenomenal smoke. Reminds me a little of the iCookies in buzz. We smoked a J of the PG last night then after an hour smoked some icookies and, let's just say we were completely boogered.

i redid my veg room a bit the past couple days. Bought a case of T5's and a new 1000W MH so all fixtures have new bulbs. Both the Mars Hydro and Apollo 8 LED's are in there too.

put a couple Blueberry Yum Yum into flower along with a DSD, and 2 C99's, One of the C99 is a known female. Not sure about the other yet.

I'm really hoping the Blueberry Yum Yum turns out nice. bought the beans on a whim from Pacific Seed Bank and I enjoy the song so......

Top Bottom