Goin down the rabbit hole

• Thread starter mrfreeze682
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eledin

Eledin

You have a link to an English version?

Until I finish the compost Iā€™m just collecting data. Egg shells, coffee, tea bags, banana peels, etc. All good if done right. Hot mess if done wrong.

Iā€™ll keep šŸ‘€. See if I can steal some info.
This is the closes I could find. Mind that in both they leave out some things because theyre just taking into account the nutritional value for humans. For example none of the two mention auxines because is a growing hormone for plants. (And exclusive in fresh banana, you lose it when composting, thats why teas are also good). That also reminds me of the germinated lentil root booster, if you google it you will find it, its full of auxines because when seeds are germinating is the main hormone and is everywhere. Thats why its also present in fruits, they need auxines again when the fruit starts growing. A fully matured fruit from the tree will have less than a greenish, less sweet one.

11f5c84d375fe9c5fa2c9691e12fa38c.png

Good luck with your compost! I dont know your level of expertise but this guy might help you to get a healthy compost. Also many people here, you could open a thread.

Last edited:
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Baby steps ATM. To many interests. But compost is almost done. 3 milk crates stacked with a lid on top and totes as filters inside for the waste.

Worm farm seems handy too but further in the future.

But first I have 3 clones to fix up. šŸ¤¦
Then itā€™s play time. šŸ¤£

Eledin

Eledin

Sounds good! And yes a worm farm takes little space and if you make extra castings you can sell them is a good idea. Good luck with the clones! What happened to them?

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Sounds good! And yes a worm farm takes little space and if you make extra castings you can sell them is a good idea. Good luck with the clones! What happened to them?
What hasnā€™t?

In one month a few borderline deficiencies I didnā€™t know were building hit all at once.

The start and probable trigger was nitrogen toxicity. N crept over time and I didnā€™t know. Then probably lockout which made me overwater.

Thatā€™s my short version. But Iā€™m on the rebound now. Plants are going to be to big to flower though. Already about 3ā€™ tall and 2.5ā€™ wide in 3x3 tents.

Eledin

Eledin

What hasnā€™t?

In one month a few borderline deficiencies I didnā€™t know were building hit all at once.

The start and probable trigger was nitrogen toxicity. N crept over time and I didnā€™t know. Then probably lockout which made me overwater.

Thatā€™s my short version. But Iā€™m on the rebound now. Plants are going to be to big to flower though. Already about 3ā€™ tall and 2.5ā€™ wide in 3x3 tents.
Oh man Im sorry to hear that, looks like you ran into almost every possible problem besides pests, which makes me think it could have been worse too, we all have bad grows from time to time, shit happens. You can still get a decent smoke Im sure! At least you know whats happening and how to treat it. The height is very annoying yes... I try to keep it to 1 or 2 strains per grow but even then sometimes I have to lift a couple because I had to pull the lights higher until I could no more, once because of 2 leggy seedling sativas that grew almost 2 meters.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

What if you top them? Or already did?
Easier to show you.

Twins:
EB5F186B 220C 4496 A314 23E5AA162264

Solo:
3B2B0730 8157 4224 BA51 8250CA358ECA

Yes, thatā€™s a lettuce. I find it gives me 5-10% more humidity with it in the tent. Works great if you only have one plant. Donā€™t need it with more in my setup.

Eledin

Eledin

I was expecting them to look worse, is not as bad as I thoght but yes Im aware thats also because you likely defoliated dead leaves and youre fixing the problems. About the lettuce... hahaha dont worry Im not surprised, here are mine in the last grow with some spinachs planted all together for first tender leaves only (salads)

Taking the lower leaves every 2 weeks. almost 2 months of free salads šŸ˜›

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Absolutely love the lettuce grow. we want to start potatoes today maybe some lettuce and spinach. I have some left over water with nutes and i tried aaving them one time and came back the next week full of bacteria but beneficial or not i didnt have correct amounts so it was out of whack IMO. So i give it to my orchids and roses outside.

Eledin

Eledin

Absolutely love the lettuce grow. we want to start potatoes today maybe some lettuce and spinach. I have some left over water with nutes and i tried aaving them one time and came back the next week full of bacteria but beneficial or not i didnt have correct amounts so it was out of whack IMO. So i give it to my orchids and roses outside.
Water with nutes starts fermenting soon, specially if its organic, probably not with synthetic but they might interact in between each other. Its better to only mix the ammount youre gonna use that day. And hell yeah! Potatoes, lettuce, spinach, rosemary... there are plenty of plants that you can grow because they get plenty of light even if they are far from the source. I wanted to do potatoes last run aswell but I ended up needing that space, hopefully soon!

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Havenā€™t grown potatoes since I was a kid. Thought about it but not sure how well that would go in milk crates.

Are they even the same these days? Just cut up a few with the eyes growing and plant or are they all modified now?

Eledin

Eledin

In Spain you can do it with any potato, I assume it would be the same in the US. Potatoes need depth but if its not very deep you can still manage to gather a few small or medium sized potatoes. Let me search real quick... here:

Eledin

Eledin

If all you have to work with is milk crates and you can spare a couple, remove the bottom from one and tape them together.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

In Spain you can do it with any potato, I assume it would be the same in the US. Potatoes need depth but if its not very deep you can still manage to gather a few small or medium sized potatoes. Let me search real quick... here:
Cool thanks. We have potatoes with most meals. Mashed is a favourite.

Yes. I read I could get small ones, maybe medium, by growing in buckets. So I think about the same. They are about 13ā€ square, milk crates.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

If all you have to work with is milk crates and you can spare a couple, remove the bottom from one and tape them together.
Hmm. That could work. I double stack to keep off ground anyway. Just need a longer tote style bag.

šŸ¤”

Eledin

Eledin

You can also use cardboard if its for the potatoes, they wont mind, its compostable material, if they need to the roots will even go past it.
EDIT: You can prune the big ol roots that show and promote new root growth, its called... well... root pruning xD or air pruning. Its also a good sign that they are ready or almost ready without having to guess and dig, since the roots already colonized most of the substrate.

Last edited:
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

You can also use cardboard if its for the potatoes, they wont mind, its compostable material, if they need to the roots will even go past it.
EDIT: You can prune the big ol roots that show and promote new root growth, its called... well... root pruning xD or air pruning. Its also a good sign that they are ready or almost ready without having to guess and dig, since the roots already colonized most of the substrate.
Currently we grow veggies this way.
A2DE8FCB 0311 449F A5A5 159B6C90D1B6

Flowers and shrubs on the ground. Veggies in crates. Weed inside. šŸ¤£

Totes go in each crate. Mostly one veg per crate. We have rabbits and squirrels everywhere since flu lockdown.

I tie wrap the bottom crates into 4x4. Then move as a table. Top cates are free to move as needed. I make more as needed or if something needs a darker/brighter spot.

Squirrels are back this year so a chicken wire dome or something will be added. Until they learn to fear the new dog anyway. šŸ¤£

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Thats a lovely set up!
Back issues these days. Crates I used as a kid so it was perfect. I used in the tent the first grow but easier to use a stool and leave the crates for outside.

Good for fixing issues outside too. Just pick it up and go work at bench. Or move to better location.

Was great for taking weed in/out. Then spider mites. Never bringing an outside plant in again. Not until harvest. šŸ¤£

Top Bottom