Goin down the rabbit hole

• Thread starter mrfreeze682
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Frailless420

If you’re in soil it’s always good to water until 10% runoff to assure no salt buildup. Then allow the soil to almost dry out before watering again to ensure you aren’t overwatering. Proper wet/dry cycle is a must in soil.
Kinda depends I think. If u have an established plant with a good size root system then yes. If it's a new pot or a big 1 and the plant was transplated or hasn't grown into yet then watering that much u r risking over watering and making problems for yourself.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Kinda depends I think. If u have an established plant with a good size root system then yes. If it's a new pot or a big 1 and the plant was transplated or hasn't grown into yet then watering that much u r risking over watering and making problems for yourself.
I agree with both posts. As long as the OP doesn't over water then watering to run off is fine but many newbs don't understand what that means so Burnzy's right but you are also right in that OP needs to learn correct watering procedures to ensure runoff doesn't end up as overwatering.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Well im waiting till i see minor stress from the plant and check the soil with fingers and moving it around to see or at least guesstimate. But i water almost weekly and my temps are a little high i think. Im working on a dehumidifier purchase from amazon to come thru because its also a little stuffy and humid in my opinion. I need an extractor and a filter for the smell. Im working on getting those too just one step at a time. Costs a lil bit but if your patient and shop around you can find amazing deals. My tent was 60$ on FB. So im just being patient and shopping for things. Got me a Vivo sun dehumidifier for 69$ on amazon. I cant afford the pricey equipment yet but i am proactive and trying to stick to one method like you have mentioned before. So im thinking about getting a soil meter too. Next run i want to learn about EC and PPM's and if it applys to soil mediums too. Gardening on this level is just different.... Thanks for all the advice , i am reading everyones comments.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Absolutely. We’re talking about the OP plants though and his are bigger.

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

If the OP is using a soil like FFOF, like me, I don't water til it runs out the bottom but I put water in the tray that is sucked up quickly. When I emptied my pots I had good root structure to the bottom. I don't add amendments except occasional cal-mag.

P

PahPahCee

Well im waiting till i see minor stress from the plant and check the soil with fingers and moving it around to see or at least guesstimate. But i water almost weekly and my temps are a little high i think. Im working on a dehumidifier purchase from amazon to come thru because its also a little stuffy and humid in my opinion. I need an extractor and a filter for the smell. Im working on getting those too just one step at a time. Costs a lil bit but if your patient and shop around you can find amazing deals. My tent was 60$ on FB. So im just being patient and shopping for things. Got me a Vivo sun dehumidifier for 69$ on amazon. I cant afford the pricey equipment yet but i am proactive and trying to stick to one method like you have mentioned before. So im thinking about getting a soil meter too. Next run i want to learn about EC and PPM's and if it applys to soil mediums too. Gardening on this level is just different.... Thanks for all the advice , i am reading everyones comments.
That’s the way to do it. My whole set up is 2nd hand stuff off local groups. A lot of my stuff I got for free because people needed someone to come break everything down and get that shit out of there. Just clean everything thoroughly before you introduce it to your environment.

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

That’s the way to do it. My whole set up is 2nd hand stuff off local groups. A lot of my stuff I got for free because people needed someone to come break everything down and get that shit out of there. Just clean everything thoroughly before you introduce it to your environment.
In my state I am not aware of any fellow growers because it will not be legal, home cultivation, until 1 July. Perhaps 6 months from then there will be much used stuff for sale, as I believe many will try it just for the novelty and then quit.

P

PahPahCee

In my state I am not aware of any fellow growers because it will not be legal, home cultivation, until 1 July. Perhaps 6 months from then there will be much used stuff for sale, as I believe many will try it just for the novelty and then quit.
I’m in Los Angeles so everyone has been shutting down their grows. Only the large facilities can survive. For home cultivators it’s like grave robbing. Right now you can get 600w name brand LEDs for $200 or less, 1000W gavita hps for $25 each, and 8-12” fans w/ charcoal and silencers for $150. Flood trays are always free.

You want to tag “grow equipment” on these second hand markets and you’ll be amazed.

My latest purchase was a Dhp7 Dulytek 7ton press for $50. That one took a while before I found such a good deal.

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

I’m in Los Angeles so everyone has been shutting down their grows. Only the large facilities can survive. For home cultivators it’s like grave robbing. Right now you can get 600w name brand LEDs for $200 or less, 1000W gavita hps for $25 each, and 8-12” fans w/ charcoal and silencers for $150. Flood trays are always free.

You want to tag “grow equipment” on these second hand markets and you’ll be amazed.

My latest purchase was a Dhp7 Dulytek 7ton press for $50. That one took a while before I found such a good deal.
Hopefully it will be that way here. I have not been buying warranties on anything because cheap replacements are in the future. I am planning on getting a 650w for my biggest tent.

P

PahPahCee

B4EA403D 9FFB 43B1 BBF9 972941BA8403

$100 gavita 600w - discount if you buy more than one. 😂

sambapati

sambapati

Please buy more than 1, eye would if you dont want me to be upset
20230411 140444

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

update: mini dehumidifier is in place. Temps are like 85 f and humidity at 65% Working on getting my temps fresher. I lollipopped the girls and gona give em two more weeks to bounce back from the stress and gona flip em to flower in two weeks. Ive been training three of the girls and one of em sorta left alone. The wifey wants to see the difference in bud size etc etc.. I lollipopped her though. We are going to introduce jungle and waterfall sounds for the plants. During daytime we are going to play birds and rain and at night just gentle waterfall and night crickets etc. Well for the 12 on and 12 off cycles anyways lol. Cleaned out the tent and wiped it down with citronella and a little bleach. Hopefully defoliation didnt stress them too much. well here are some pics and a video. Two of the girls (the ones tied down but not layed down) i super cropped and maybe you can see it in the video. Bout to put the scrog net on em and gona wait for the stretch to put the second layer of scrog net on. I feel they are drinking more water because i lifted my pots today and they felt light so ima give em one or two more days till i water them again.

Big shout out to @QuestionPoint for the genetics Durban poison, Tropicana grapefruit, Super silver haze.

Shout out to @PhlizonGrowLight for making me a winner in the febuary giveaway Thanks again !

Last but not least big thanks to the Farm here. This wouldnt be possible either without these generous people with their knowledge.

Two weeks till flip Stay tuned !!

IMG 0335
IMG 0336
IMG 0337
IMG 0338
IMG 0339
IMG 0340
IMG 0341
mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

i know i got a bit if defficiency going on and a little nute burn but not to bad i think. Its either cal mag or manganese? cuz i know it aint iron. Or at least i dont think its iron....🤨

Edit: My deficiency is magnesium i beleive

Last edited:
mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Update: Flipped them to flower 63 days from seed. They are getting to tall and i got some light burn on the durban poison so i raised my light to the roof and added a fan from the outside through a tent flap. I scrogged em for the first time. I plan on doing a double scrog just to keep organization of the buds and tops. Different training techniques are being used. LST, HST , Super Cropping. Wanted to try grafting lol cuz we grafted some citrus on my brothers grove. I didnt know you can graft weed. ill post pics tonight when lights come on. got em going from 6 pm to 6 am ligts on. Day time here is hot. 100+ ferenheit so i got them with the lights off in the day.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

pics. right side got dehumidifier left side a honeywell air purifier/fan raised lights to the ceiling and got lights at 50% power. will be gradually raising light power as flower progresses.

IMG 0353
IMG 0355
IMG 0356
IMG 0354
IMG 0357
mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

What does the air purifier do for the tent?
nothin its the only extra fan i got. Its just an extra 😂 that it purifies. helps keep my temperatures down. although i think i got nute burn i beleive now is a good time to flush?

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

here are some pictures as i think i got nute burn... what do yall think? Maybe some Phospherous deficiency? Dono im thinking a flush is in order just good ol water.

IMG 0358
IMG 0359
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Wouldnt flush in my opinion. See some tacoing on some leaves. High temps?
Looks like some nute burn but nothing serious so far. Leave the plants be for a bit and maybe only water for the next few waters. The first grow is exciting as shit, and looking back I overcomplicated SOOOO much stuff, wasted hundreds if not more on nutes, always to come back to foxfarm, and a very simple nute recipe for soil.
Last time i flushed plants I SEVERELY fucked up a good grow that I could have just let ride out, lower temps and even light intenisty for a few days. Id ride her out,but im just a 1 year rookie lol

Top Bottom