Goin down the rabbit hole

• Thread starter mrfreeze682
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Wouldnt flush in my opinion. See some tacoing on some leaves. High temps?
Looks like some nute burn but nothing serious so far. Leave the plants be for a bit and maybe only water for the next few waters. The first grow is exciting as shit, and looking back I overcomplicated SOOOO much stuff, wasted hundreds if not more on nutes, always to come back to foxfarm, and a very simple nute recipe for soil.
Last time i flushed plants I SEVERELY fucked up a good grow that I could have just let ride out, lower temps and even light intenisty for a few days. Id ride her out,but im just a 1 year rookie lol
thanks for the advice. Another member mentioned the tacoing last time and i turned the light down from 75% to 55% . Few days and they bounced back and i got confident amd zoomed it back up to 75%. Since i moved my light up and i saw the tacoing i decided to put the light at 50% for a few days see how they fair. I was doubting myself on the flush because ive watched so many videos on the sledgehammer but they all say flush but its just a feeding of sledgehammer ... no flushing really happens in the soil? I have high anxiety so you can imagine me sifting through youtube videos lmao. But all i all your advice pushed me in a direction i was leaning towards. Let em be for a week or two and just water them with distilled water. i dont have RO. Maybe some Cal Mag only since distilled water has nothing in it except h2o Im gona leave em be and ride it out. All advice welcome and thanks for commenting!

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Again, im new to this compared to many on here. However, im a landscaper/designer/ architect with a good amount of horticultural training. I ALWAYS revert back to basics and never fails. HOWEVER SOME MAYNOT AGREE WITH ME AND MY GROWING TECHNIQUES, I love to stress my plants to the very maiximum possible without hermie'ing them or killing them lol, always have a tint bit of tip burn, water them with literally ice cold water at the end, I try and mimic a cold front and storm for a few days by turning up fan and lowering temps. In nature, STRESS induces flowering. Cold to hot, hot to cold (seasons). When something drastic happens in nature, mother nature isnt there to stake the buds up, or turn tye sun down lol..Only the strong survive lol. Please dont take this as serious advice and fo stressing your plants lol. Its an observation I have tested and made and think its valid based on my yields.
Flip side, the plants that have gone JUST OVER THAT threshold, either hermie, week branches and small buds etc. I feel there is a fine line i walk on.
These are all just my own personal opinions, experiences.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Update day 2 of flower. Had a bit of nute burn on my Durban Poison but im leaving them alone and going to water just plain water this mext feeding. Plus my lights are at 50% power using a Phlizon phx4 240w . have not yet passed 75% on the light yet its too hot or powerful for the girls. just letting em be for now...

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

took some pics of what i assume would be flowers... day 2 flower
IMG 0375
IMG 0376
IMG 0377
these next photos are i THINK stress but i want to make sure they arent thrips of mites or nothing
IMG 0371
what do yall think
IMG 0370
IMG 0373
just mentioning @RootsRuler @Zen_Seeker @Crabgrassfarms in case maybe some one can help maybe im over reactingbut in case im not i want to nip it in the bud ASAP if it is a pest....

IMG 0372
IMG 0374
Eledin

Eledin

Fortunately I only had to deal with trips or mites once but because of that unfortunately I dont wanna say its not just in case but to me it looks just like the nute burn you mentioned. The ones that can take more nutrients shouldnt get less because 2 of them cant take them, just give less to the ones that tolerate less, and after youre done fertilizing use some plain water to complement the ones you watered less with the solution. Beware of burned tips, we all get them, specially when feeding pk, but thats a sign that you reached maxium nute dose for that plant. I always have one or two that react bad to a moderate dose of nutes and I have to tune it down for those only, I do it when I start seeing a lot of yellowing tips, they do that before burning. If you are afraid to feed them too much start by using half of what you used to, if you dont see new signs great, if some of the bottom leaves start yellowing (not only the borders but the whole leaf and without a burned tip) it needs more nutes because is starting to take them from the bottom part of the plant.

Last edited:
mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Fortunately I only had to deal with trips or mites once but because of that unfortunately I dont wanna say its not just in case but to me it looks just like the nute burn you mentioned. The ones that can take more nutrients shouldnt get less because 2 of them cant take them, just give less to the ones that tolerate less, and after youre done fertilizing use some plain water to complement the ones you watered less with the solution. Beware of burned tips, we all get them, specially when feeding pk, but thats a sign that you reached maxium nute dose for that plant. I always have one or two that react bad to a moderate dose of nutes and I have to tune it down for those only. If you are afraid to feed them too much start by using half of what you used to, if you dont see new signs great, if some of the bottom leaves start yellowing (not only the borders but the whole leaf and without a burned tip) it needs more nutes because is starting to take them from the bottom part of the plant.
oh man thanx for responding. Only reason im afraid is the white dots. I can definitely see nute burn like you said that i saw that we both saw ... im stoned sorry, but the white dots got me in a jam rentin space in my head like really bad. If anything Neem oil could work right? for thrips? this is my first grow. Although TBH i wouldnt mind buying a few hundred ladybugs? .... pondering....

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Looks like light burn.

How close are your lights and what’s the brightness of them?
Lights are 45 inches from canopy but keep in mind i just moved em two days ago so id have to say about 33 inches last time and power was at 75% last time. I moved em last time for two days and they bounced back. I put the light back and this happens or i dunno because the one in the far right back with more yellowing is the durban poison and i am confident that that too has light burn. So i decided to permanently moved the light up anticipating the flower stretch so they wont stretch too far. plus i super cropped em down. Trying to keep as short as possible. Ever since i moved the light they look better two days worth but then i like to look at what im working on like vibe n stuff. Im a tattoo artist so im visual. I start looking and i saw white dots and panicked.

IMG 0353
Eledin

Eledin

Do you have a magnifying glass? It looks more pale yellow than white to me but it could be white, I need glasses but I dont have them hahaha. If you have a magnigying glass see if you can detect this.
Mites
EGGS.jpg

Trips:
1548071910.jpg
trips2.jpg

You should be able to find them in the affected leaves but I dont see any sign beside the possible white spots.

Eledin

Eledin

Sorry forgot to mention. Yes you can use neem oil, here is one of many recipes online. I would change the regular or peppermint soap for phosphoric or potassium soap. No chemicals and its natural food for the plant once it does its job.
I dont know if repeating every day is healthy, I think we need someone who knows better about pests. I would also spray them with plain water once the treatment is done to wash the leaves a bit from residues.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Do you have a magnifying glass? It looks more pale yellow than white to me but it could be white, I need glasses but I dont have them hahaha. If you have a magnigying glass see if you can detect this.
Mites
EGGS.jpg

Trips:
1548071910.jpg
trips2.jpg

You should be able to find them in the affected leaves but I dont see any sign beside the possible white spots.
i got a iphone 14 max pro .... does that count as a magnifing glass??? 😂🤣 i tried to zoom in as much i could without it blurring. But no to answer your question. I dont see bugs like those trips but i dont exactly NOT see any eggs though... and nothing else is being affected as i have come in looking daily as i like to air them out for cooling purposes. And it isnt septium or fungun or whatever cause its not in rounds areas or circles. I have mag deficiency for sure and light burn and nute burn on the Durban. But honestly they are doing better since i havent fed them or messed with them.

Eledin

Eledin

i got a iphone 14 max pro .... does that count as a magnifing glass??? 😂🤣 i tried to zoom in as much i could without it blurring. But no to answer your question. I dont see bugs like those trips but i dont exactly NOT see any eggs though... and nothing else is being affected as i have come in looking daily as i like to air them out for cooling purposes. And it isnt septium or fungun or whatever cause its not in rounds areas or circles. I have mag deficiency for sure and light burn and nute burn on the Durban. But honestly they are doing better since i havent fed them or messed with them.
I have no idea on how much zoom it has but I bet it has more than enough if you can see trichomes for example. As I said, I dont see any signs of pest, those white spots could be just light yellow, but since Im not an expert in pests... I have neem oil and potassium soap available if in doubt I would give them a few sprays just in case but thats it.
EDIT: For even a more lethal combo, you can add some datimaceous earth, when the leaves dry and so does the diatomaceous earth it will dehydrate any mite or trip walking around and kill larvae and eggs too. But remember, you have to let it dry for it to be effective. Also try to not water the pistils if any, just the affected leaves, top and bottom side.

Last edited:
mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Day 10 Flower: scrogged the girls a second time. Few days ago trained the two girls on the left by bending the main stem down using zip ties. Also fed the ladies today also. Added a full dose of nutes. Last two waterings were a week apart and i fed only water , distilled water. Ph was 5.99.Buds are slowly forming its amazing. Trying to keep my canpoy even. Thats it for now. Thanks for stopping by.

IMG 0405
IMG 0407
IMG 0408
IMG 0406
IMG 0409
Eledin

Eledin

They are looking nice! I see a couple of leaves with what might be a bit of potassium deficiency I think I see more than before but maybe not, if they keep appearing boost the potassium a little bit. Phosphorus deficiency looks more like this
phosphorus-leafs.jpg

And potassium deficiency looks like this
Potassium-Graphic.jpg

Which fits more what some leaves look like. Hopefully someone else will be able to confirm or deny my suspicion.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

They are looking nice! I see a couple of leaves with what might be a bit of potassium deficiency I think I see more than before but maybe not, if they keep appearing boost the potassium a little bit. Phosphorus deficiency looks more like this
phosphorus-leafs.jpg

And potassium deficiency looks like this
Potassium-Graphic.jpg

Which fits more what some leaves look like. Hopefully someone else will be able to confirm or deny my suspicion.
i agree with you on the potassium ima look and see what i can give em

Eledin

Eledin

Might be the perfect excuse to get some potassium silicate and give them some silica aswell so they grow stronger against pests and thicker. Beware that potassium silicate is alkaline, it will affect your ph. Or you could buy alfalfa or kelp meal and top dress a bit mixing with the upper soil, or a mono nute bottle, there are many options if you cant find them let me know.
EDIT: I use banana peel tea in all my grows but my bananas dont have harmful pesticides in them so if you cant find organic grown probably better not to do it.

Last edited:
mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Might be the perfect excuse to get some potassium silicate and give them some silica aswell so they grow stronger against pests and thicker. Beware that potassium silicate is alkaline, it will affect your ph. Or you could buy alfalfa or kelp meal and top dress a bit mixing with the upper soil, or a mono nute bottle, there are many options if you cant find them let me know.
the silica is for help with cell formation also isnt it? Im reading on banana cold tea , has phospherous and potasium in it... im looking at silica options....

Eledin

Eledin

the silica is for help with cell formation also isnt it? Im reading on banana cold tea , has phospherous and potasium in it... im looking at silica options....
Yes, its essential for cell formation, its already available for your plants in the soil but giving them a boost gives a noticeable effect. Almost all silica boosters are potassium silicate, unless you buy powdered silica. About the banana I edited my previous post, theres the answer, the boost they give is mostly potassium but it has many goodies like carbs, phosphorus, vitamins and a long etc that your plants will like. Here it is the nutritional info from the banana fruit meat, the peel composition changes but this gives you a general idea. Sorry that is in spanish, most of the components if not all have similar names anyway, I think you will understand

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

You have a link to an English version?

Until I finish the compost I’m just collecting data. Egg shells, coffee, tea bags, banana peels, etc. All good if done right. Hot mess if done wrong.

I’ll keep 👀. See if I can steal some info.

Top Bottom