got banned as well

• Thread starter The OrigFred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I wasn't on IC enough to know too many, but what you guys are describing certainly has the same feel. It's like a train-wreck, it's horrible but you just can't look away.

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I don't really remember too many people from there, just a few that I had intelligent exchanges with, I remember thinking Chris seemed pretty level headed at first, but after being provoked he was quite a hot head. There was no tolerance for any discussion which required him to be humble or objective. reminds me of a power hungry child bully who throw there weight around when encountered with someone who doesn't do or say what he wants. King of his little world that has turned into a "To bad it went that way" sentiment.

e4ian

e4ian

<^^^ just been reading my previous posts here.. :( , yea sound bit of a nob!... Soz about that, incoherent and What am i referring too,im thinking ..!?
Dont want to go much into detail but i had a "Horrific" car crash when i was 19 which left me scheduled for Brain Surgery due to the brain Haemorrhaging,and in a Coma for a while etc,On Recovery i had Paralysis down the right side of my body and my Speech was Awful for near 4 yrs after.
I am Improving :)

< i didnt mean any Offence btw.

alaskind

alaskind

I for one want a pot site that zero topics are banned or that trading cuts seeds ect can be posted i the open instead of through other means... all of these sites lack that. Luckily facebook has a few growers groups now that arent "moderated" to impotence.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't really remember too many people from there, just a few that I had intelligent exchanges with, I remember thinking Chris seemed pretty level headed at first, but after being provoked he was quite a hot head. There was no tolerance for any discussion which required him to be humble or objective. reminds me of a power hungry child bully who throw there weight around when encountered with someone who doesn't do or say what he wants. King of his little world that has turned into a "To bad it went that way" sentiment.
I'm really tripping out. I still have some online friends from there, another passed away many years ago (lung cancer). I've watched them grow up, but online. You remember the whole "internal bivalve error" thing? Man that used to crack me UP!
<^^^ just been reading my previous posts here.. :( , yea sound bit of a nob!... Soz about that, incoherent and What am i referring too,im thinking ..!?
Dont want to go much into detail but i had a "Horrific" car crash when i was 19 which left me scheduled for Brain Surgery due to the brain Haemorrhaging,and in a Coma for a while etc,On Recovery i had Paralysis down the right side of my body and my Speech was Awful for near 4 yrs after.
I am Improving :)

< i didnt mean any Offence btw.
Ah, so you're TBI. I'm glad to read that you're improving. :)
I for one want a pot site that zero topics are banned or that trading cuts seeds ect can be posted i the open instead of through other means... all of these sites lack that. Luckily facebook has a few growers groups now that arent "moderated" to impotence.
There's a good reason why all these open sites ban particular topics--they're too hot. There's also a really good reason why they don't allow open trading for seeds and cuts. Facebook won't face the same penalties as someone who's actually doing the hosting of such a site, to start. Of course, there's really no reason why anyone can't start a site of their own, all you need is a domain name, some software and a server.

alaskind

alaskind

I believe the only reason for not allowing open trading is profit. Seed vendors that host sites are motivated not by altruism but to sell more. I get it.However, it is a monumentally simple to ask a member to engage in a conversation via another website, e-mail, ect to ask any question that is on your mind. I have no experience and no logical reason to believe that growers will ever stop giving other growers cuts or seeds, but I also believe that if the product & price are better than the competition a seed seller should have no trouble selling enough seeds. Truthfully, the success of most seed vendors is the selection of seeds they sell, or if they buy enough of the right seeds, not whether site users are trading f2s... Wanna sell more seeds? lmao, then keep more gear like Exotic Genetix , or maybe 303 seeds.... just buy more of the in demand seeds so ya dont run out as fast. ;) peace...

P

Pendleton

The banhammer came down today on me! Same story as always, Chris having incredibly thin skin and wanting to never be questioned. That's a shitty pathto walk through life.

P

Pendleton

Thank you mojave. It is frustrating to me that after almost a decade there under one handle or another, I get banned for "trolling" because Payaso thought fish compost should be a verboden topic in an organics forum. Which tells you exactly how much he knows about organics. I'm just glad to see enough familiar faces around here so as to not feel entirely alien.

Last edited:
mojavegreen

mojavegreen

IC mag mods don't care for me much either. I now stick to mostly frivolous posts over there now. They don't seem to mind those.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thank you mojave. It is frustrating to me that after almost a decade there under one handle or another, I get banned for "trolling" because Payaso thought fish compost should be a verboden topic in an organics forum. Which tells you exactly how much he knows about organics. I'm just glad to see enough familiar faces around here so as to not feel entirely alien.
Hey, don't feel bad. He tried to knock my shit for wanting to plant oleander around *my* property. Not his. Mine.

Michal

Michal

Saw that ban hammer falling as soon as you made that second account Pendleton :D

I believe the only reason for not allowing open trading is profit. Seed vendors that host sites are motivated not by altruism but to sell more. I get it.However, it is a monumentally simple to ask a member to engage in a conversation via another website, e-mail, ect to ask any question that is on your mind. I have no experience and no logical reason to believe that growers will ever stop giving other growers cuts or seeds, but I also believe that if the product & price are better than the competition a seed seller should have no trouble selling enough seeds. Truthfully, the success of most seed vendors is the selection of seeds they sell, or if they buy enough of the right seeds, not whether site users are trading f2s... Wanna sell more seeds? lmao, then keep more gear like Exotic Genetix , or maybe 303 seeds.... just buy more of the in demand seeds so ya dont run out as fast. ;) peace...

I'm sure some of that plays a part, but I think Seamaiden nailed it. Legal liability.

FWIW, I've never had an issue trading with private messaging. I delete any PM containing personal information and prefer to move the discussion away from the PM system to private email. Too many rumours of mods reading PM's on IC.

Was almost banned for suggesting updating Moderators and Mentors to people that sign in at least once a year. Touchy little things those IC mods.

P

Pendleton

Mikell, I couldn't resist. The fool of a Took is going to ban me from the subforum I used to moderate because he doesn't understand that oly fish compost is an organic source?? I had to come back and say something.

Michal

Michal

Tend to agree. Lots of not-growers moderating, it's wee bit confusing. The organic forum more than others, though it can't be fun handling the zoo.

P

Pendleton

There's a reason I, and Jay, and Burn1, and a host of others quit. The BS between egos in that subforum is insane. No one on regular gardening forums acts that way. Hell, even the nuts at permies are less combative. I'm tired of organics being used as a cudgel to bludgeon one's opponents.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Trolling - the phrase any moderator can use to ban you from a sight for any reason they feel. Same with at least one mod on this sight. Bothers the heck out of me.

Top Bottom