Grape Ape Genetics

• Thread starter akaKGB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CAPO

hmmm...I don't think he officially released.. maybe some dutch company keeps promising to, but as far as I know he's been selling clones to clubs.....anyone?

what was it that you wanted?

L

letmeout

i don't know for sure just heard a lot about the strains.would be interested in almost anything they have.

M

MASSES 420KING

That's strange, I thought that Grape Ape was a clone only strain. I could be wrong easily, but the the Ape I have vegging was passed to me as a clone only...

As far as genetic makeup, I've heard everything under the sun, but the most common is a GDP cross of sorts. I take it with a grain of salt. If the smoke's good, I'm a happy cat!

astartes

apothecary seeds has the beans 4 that strain dying to get them

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
i got some grape ape beans still from years ago...i heard it was grandaddy purple x an original skunk #1...could be wrong but i remember reading that i while ago...

C

CharlesSprkleaf

here is a grape ape hybrid from Candyland...
apedawg
apedawg11.jpg

homebrew420

homebrew420

I too grow this. The particular cut I have I am NOT impressed with. not going to run it again. We will see how she yields in the end. Was told it about flavor and high than the yield, we shall see in a few weeks.

F

Foxfarmfreak

i'm with you homebrew, this is my last run of this tiny yielding strain, looks good but I'd rather have more of something else, hahaha

N

nucleotide

I've seen beans of this in action. They were labeled as Grape Ape and from a very close and reliable source. But - anyone can call anything whatever they want, so one never really knows what it truly is.

What I can say about what I've seen is that the pheno has not been as sativa dominant in the leaf shape as the pics that I've seen thus far on this thread. And the purple color hasn't been there in the phenos I've seen.

There is a mild degree of variety in the phenos represented in the 20 beans received. Some tend to be a bit more broad leafed, but all branch quite well and are unanimously growing faster than other high grade strains of the same age.

One thing for sure, what I've seen grows very fast and large. Haven't tasted anything yet, but on looks and size alone I'm quite impressed. I'll have to contact my peeps and ask them what they know. The beans came by way of some CO folks who praised the yield and vigor.

I've got a great pic or two, but I don't know where the heck they are right now.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Grape ape is a phino type of Old Grand Dad, as is Grand Daddy Purple.None of them are clone only but seeds can be hard to come by some times.I have some Grape Ape and Old Grand Dad seeds but haven`t had any GDP seeds in a long time.I know of an old timer(older than me? LOL!) that still has GDP seeds. Most people just have clones so they think there are no seeds but that isn`t the case.I can`t remember but there is at least one other phino type of Old Grand Dad but memory falls me.

OK this is disterbing! I know I`m stoned but this looks like a dancing smilie priest!:boogie:

purpleberry

purpleberry

That must be the reason there is so many different GDP cuts, and everyone says there is alot of fakes. I know one guy who says he grows every GDP cut he comes across and sees alot of different phenos, and i thought there was only a few.
I go with what others have said before, there is only one GDP and its kens......lol Really the other cut ive seen is very close, just falls a little a short in some traits but has a fruiter flavor than kens.
There was a hi times with grape ape and that guys cut looked very nice. I have to go dig it up now and look.

B

bdawgburner

Is that the one with the "wizard" in northern cali? He had HUGE hydro tree sized soil plants. I have the issue sitting right here.

E

ent

Grape Ape is a clone only strain........ the apothecary's version is made using what most believed the genetics to have been of grape ape witch is purple kush x skunk #1........... some people call it the kushmans cut but he will tell you he had nothing to do with creating it........ while it did come from his cut of purple kush somewhere down the line......... the fastest growing clone only purple you can find.......... big yeilds sweet purple taste

KGB the grape ape I held for years never had that much sativa in her............ while she did have long leaves they where not that skinny........ and as far as I know there was only one pheno indica......... she is an old cut from 15+ years ago

the ape is a good producer you can ask ngnl about that........he runs her commercailly and does great....... everyone I have seen grow her lets go of there other purple strains and usally keeps her because her vigor and yeilds

its clone only...... any seeds are crosses made. it is a slow ass vegger but can make killer high yielding plants. not the strongest medicine out there but the taste an smell is to die for

^^^ x2

grapeape2.jpg

IMG_7379.JPG

IMG_6455.JPG

IMG_6456.JPG

IMG_6457.JPG

M

MASSES 420KING

im growing a grape ape crossed with og kush right now just popped the beans a week ago i got it from grenhouse seeds its called kings kush they say they got the genes from apothacary genetics

L

letmeout

i have a couple packs of the kings kush myself .i will run them outside away from everything else i case they hermie.

M

MASSES 420KING

Grape ape is available in seed form from apothecary genetics and the lineage is afghani landraces

M

MASSES 420KING

The genetics for grape ape are an afghani crossed to a skunk#1 youll know when you have it bred rite it will be grapey smelling and purple looking

Latest posts

Top Bottom