Green Dot Labs Loompa Farms Grows

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tweedy

tweedy

I thought with F1's you get pheno's closer to the mother plant!?:confused:
So breeding isn't my strong suit but when dealing with initial crosses you get a lot of variation like Ogfresh said. This is a quick overview of Mendel but helps a bit to understand (look for the white/red flower example).

tweedy

tweedy

It's the "Law of Independent assortment" and since we're dealing with an F1 hybrid of something that we know little to nothing about the genetic makeup (Loompa might have the recessive plant out of it's genetic makeup, which makes getting back to it A LOT harder and A LOT more work for a breeder). So variation among the F1's is to be expected and if you can't play with enough beans to find mama then you're better off waiting for a later generation if you trust the breeder's eyes and skill in plant picking. It's why Bodhi stuck with that that one stud, he knew what he could do and he did it well.

Thcola

Thcola

man sorry about sorting through and not striking a killer pheno... seems many farmers who pass the hype on fire gear don't even seem to be searching through full packs of gear at a time, let alone multiples... saying a lot...

$200 a pack I would hope to land a possible keeper, definitely wouldn't be looking to hunt through 2k to find that lady though... If you're near humboldt/mendo there' are some super flame SD& HB cuttings floating around & always seem to be available cuz the rotation and are quite exquisite specimens of dank!! havn't really seen the end all be all HB variety come in seed form yet though.. excited to see your f3 selections updates man!

Oom pah pah

Oom pah pah

Loompa Farms
I d like to see some finished bud shots and hear your opinions on the yeti f1s in this log. I wouldn't count those phenos out until they are cured. There is more than one reason the mom is dubbed the Underdog.

Green Dot

Green Dot

they are about 10 days out... only one has a distant OG aroma.. the others smell like play doh... I know when the Ghost, SFV, HA, etc... are 10 days out, they have my ass doing the happy dance all over my garden when i smell them...

Ill post up some pics tomorrow..

The F3s still look very promising though.. so don't put all of your weight on the F1s..

Oom pah pah

Oom pah pah

Loompa Farms
Lol it's been a while since I ve smelled play doh so I can't tell If that's a compliment or ? What does play doh smell like ? If I remember correctly it's like a petroleum product or a plastic? I've never found any yetis that were lacking in the smell dept. Not all are gonna have that OG reek but rest assured some will. It's not a low odor strain in general by any means . Carbon filters are a must for those w neighbors.

Green Dot

Green Dot

Yeti F1 day 59.

Still very little to no smell. Really smells like play doh.. A very dull muted planty smell. this one has the best resin profile and thats not saying very much...

Green Dot

Green Dot

#3 - stacked colas of play doh smelling buds with very little resin.

So, not to talk down loompa farms, because im sure there are diamonds in the rough, but this representation of a 10 pack of seeds was not good at all. I've received 4 different PMs from other farmers indicating they had similar results with the F1s. I do still hold hope for the F3s.. I believe breeding out the OG traits in the F1s was a step backwards to the ultimate goal "perfect OG Kush seedline". I'll also say that I don't need these things to deep cure for 2 full months to get an OG smell out of them. By this point, they should be punching me in the nose like other OG kush plants do. These will all be made into oil anyways as soon as they come down..

Again, I do still see some promising things coming from the F3s but the F1s were the biggest letdowns that I have had in the 75 packs of seeds that I have run this year.

619ster

619ster

@Green Dot , I totally understand. Would love to get your procedure on making good oil/wax. I have been wanting to try my hand at it but am finding all of the information/misinformation overwhelming. Maybe shoot a pm, and point me in the right direction?!? Thanks!
Same here!! I've had good batches, but mostly end up with oily end product rather than wax.

As always, great show going on here and thanks for the honesty Green Dot. I (as well as many others I'm sure) take your grows and opinions into consideration before making a lot of my purchases. Which brings me to something I never had tha chance to get your final view/opinion on. So not to get too off topic, how would you compare your results with the Jesus OG versus Loompas OG varieties? Really considering that Jesus OG after seeing yours!

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

@Andy Genesis @619ster are you guys vaccuum purging. My bho experience is kind of limited but o blasted some then vac purged with no heat it came out lookimg like wax I left it sitting out for about a week (forgot about) and it looked more like the sugar. I have lots to learn tho amd would like to here how GD is doing it. Also a friend said hes been using somethimg similar to butane but different supposed to have more flavor but u cant reuse it like butane. I'll get the name n post it

Green Dot

Green Dot

the jesus og is fucking bad ass. Like OG kush on roids. I get 27% returns on oil if that says anything. Crushing potency and all that sweet ogness you would expect from an og hybrid. Still probably not as good as the F1 Ogs that float around, but no OG hybrids are that I have seen. If I were to recommend any OG hybrids based on my experience, it would go

Goji
Jesus
Ancient

I put up some cool oil shots over in the PNWRoots sub forum here.

Green Dot

Green Dot

Ill just say that if you dont have the proper equipment, you will not be making good oils, period. There are 5000000 variables when making slabs that almost every plant is case by case. Not all plants make equal oils. The tek is the tek, and outside of that, its quality in, quality out... doo doo in... doo doo out...

Using a dual solvent is the worst way to go about it as well.

Also flushing your plants is paramount in oils.

Green Dot

Green Dot

also, solventless concentrates contain a great deal of plant waxes that combust approximately on the 2nd hit. Thats why they are so harsh. Any instance where plant matter combusts, leads to smoke, which leads to problems. The oils we make homogenize the entire plant while eliminating all of the horrible by-products found in the flowers. This is the true medicine, not all of the carbon, wax, chlorophyll, etc...

Seems that the general public is slowly coming to terms with the truth...

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
#3 - stacked colas of play doh smelling buds with very little resin.

So, not to talk down loompa farms, because im sure there are diamonds in the rough, but this representation of a 10 pack of seeds was not good at all. I've received 4 different PMs from other farmers indicating they had similar results with the F1s. I do still hold hope for the F3s.. I believe breeding out the OG traits in the F1s was a step backwards to the ultimate goal "perfect OG Kush seedline". I'll also say that I don't need these things to deep cure for 2 full months to get an OG smell out of them. By this point, they should be punching me in the nose like other OG kush plants do. These will all be made into oil anyways as soon as they come down..

Again, I do still see some promising things coming from the F3s but the F1s were the biggest letdowns that I have had in the 75 packs of seeds that I have run this year.

Honestly, this is the stuff that cracks me up. It's not my fault if folks can't do their research and read. I fully disclose everything. And when those f1's came out, I said there was alot of variation...LOLOL I said you would have to pheno hunt!...LOLOLOL Sounds like someone isnt doing their homework. And I didn't sell F1's at 200 a pack...LOLOL I said with the F1's that they were a work in progress, I said all that stuff, yet you still bust my balls over what I told you in the first place. I disclosed that there were pheno's I did not like and that I was in the process of weeding them out. I disclosed from the beginning everything your griping about. And if reading is a problem, it's not my problem.

Secndly: Those flowers dont look like they are resinless...LOL Looks like a normal OG to me. What are you expecting....the white? Well then go get the White. Those flowers look like they have plenty of resin, but Ive been more than clear from the beggining, I DO NOT BREED for BAG APPEAL. I breed for the High! If you want bag appeal, then you need to look elswhere. I breed for real medical people and real coinesseurs who smoke their weed. Not for cashcroppers. If thats a problem, I'm sure theres plenty of breeders doing the kind of work you want. But you want to call us out over things that were stated publicly from the beggining years ago. Your right on all accounts. And I told you that you would need more than 1 pack to find keepers and you would have to pheno hunt. I don't know how to be more clear. If folks don't listen to me is that my fault?? You expect miracles in one generation of breeding?? C'mon man, Ive been nothing but up front that this project is going to take many generations. I said there were undesireable phenos. I said it all. I dont know what there is to be dissapointed at except maybe the inability to do research.... and those generations of seeds were not sold at 200/pack. If some seedbank or auction got a hold of them and auctioned them off and you paid through an auction that price, well then thats not my fault. I dont auction or jack prices like that at all. I can't help unscrupulous people from getting my beans and reselling them and making you pay more. I can't stop that, what do you think...I'm the C.I.A. or something...LOL, its not my job to police the web, but it is your job to do research........

Green Dot

Green Dot

Yeah... Ok.., feel free to defend your castle.. I never said you personally deceived me.. I wasn't really looking for "normal" OG either... Much less the white. Just another internet hype bullshit line that gets exposed. So I wouldn't take it too personally. I'm growing a bunch of starfighter f1 on the same leap of faith.

I just hope the f3s are incredible. Setting the price at 200 is basically you saying that it's the best OG line out there. Otherwise nobody is ponying up that much cash to roll the dice. I have seen very little tester info on the f3s. Just more talk talk talk.

Mine are on day 34 right now.. I'll post up my findings on that and the OG squared right here

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Yeah... Ok.., feel free to defend your castle.. I never said you personally deceived me.. I wasn't really looking for "normal" OG either... Much less the white. Just another internet hype bullshit line that gets exposed. So I wouldn't take it too personally. I'm growing a bunch of starfighter f1 on the same leap of faith.

I just hope the f3s are incredible. Setting the price at 200 is basically you saying that it's the best OG line out there. Otherwise nobody is ponying up that much cash to roll the dice. I have seen very little tester info on the f3s. Just more talk talk talk.

Mine are on day 34 right now.. I'll post up my findings on that and the OG squared right here

Well, I dont really need to defend my "castle", my rep speaks for itself. When you've been around as long as I have, when you have an established rep that proceeds you, then it might come to that. But just a little advice.....you really should be smoking your herb, the fact you don't takes alot of weight off of what you say.

The only hype building going on here is you. And if you've read through anything I have been saying, you'll see I'm all about the truth. The good and bad. But calling me out over something that is well known, doesn't speak highly of you. Its like buying a pinto and complaining it doesnt go 200 mph. Well the same with the F1 gen. I disclosed all that from day one years ago.

As far as these f3's. They should be held to a higher standard. I absolutely agree. But once again, I have been open and up front and have disclosed everything I know. So feel free to bust my chops over anything I say or isn't up to par with what I say. But to put words into my mouth, to take jabs at me in my own forum over your own disappointment for failure to do your homework, well of course your going to get a response from me. What did you think was going to happen?

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Well, I dont really need to defend my "castle", my rep speaks for itself. When you've been around as long as I have, when you have an established rep that proceeds you, then it might come to that. But just a little advice.....you really should be smoking your herb, the fact you don't takes alot of weight off of what you say.

The only hype building going on here is you. And if you've read through anything I have been saying, you'll see I'm all about the truth. The good and bad. But calling me out over something that is well known, doesn't speak highly of you. Its like buying a pinto and complaining it doesnt go 200 mph. Well the same with the F1 gen. I disclosed all that from day one years ago.

As far as these f3's. They should be held to a higher standard. I absolutely agree. But once again, I have been open and up front and have disclosed everything I know. So feel free to bust my chops over anything I say or isn't up to par with what I say. But to put words into my mouth, to take jabs at me in my own forum over your own disappointment for failure to do your homework, well of course your going to get a response from me. What did you think was going to happen?

WELL! !! Green Dot. If your done with loompa. I'LL pay shipping for those beans Lmfao. As a native Oakland dude, loompas a LEGEND in my eye's. Been smoking his Hb since middle school (class of 98 yeah im old lol) . Not to knock your thread, EVERY man has a RIGHT to opinion. Loompas been stand-up as long as toes been attached to feet. Just a peasant looking thru the tiffany store glass!
Respect

Top Bottom