Grove bags, who uses them? Pros/cons?

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

I tried this grove bags with my last harvest. My conclusion was its easy for long term storage. You put your weed in, store it somewhere and forget it. Well you cant forget it to 100% because it smells, even sealed with an iron. So if smell is an issue, the jars own the grove bags 100%
The jars with the bovedas i use to open once in a while, which ofc interupts the ripening process for some time, which is the only negative side of the jars for me. Yes they do need more place as the bags but thats not an issue for me.

So with my actual harvest i used the small grove bags(3.5g and 7.5g) to put some nice buds in it. Thats what i plan to smoke last. Like 25% of the harvest are in grove bags for the long term storage and the rest i keep accessable in glas jars with bovedas 62%. My smoking jars, which i refill once a week got 55% bovedas.
This is some Screwdriver OG, 5 Months in Grove Bags. Was my last bag of previous harvest i opened. Smell was intense and strong, the buds could be easily handled with your fingers, while crumbling it down with your fingers it left an oily film on your fingertips. Just perfectly cured, i have to admit that.
20230423 154403 2

My advice is to try both. You can spend 10$ on each and try it out. See what is working better for you.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
I tried this grove bags with my last harvest. My conclusion was its easy for long term storage. You put your weed in, store it somewhere and forget it. Well you cant forget it to 100% because it smells, even sealed with an iron. So if smell is an issue, the jars own the grove bags 100%
The jars with the bovedas i use to open once in a while, which ofc interupts the ripening process for some time, which is the only negative side of the jars for me. Yes they do need more place as the bags but thats not an issue for me.

So with my actual harvest i used the small grove bags(3.5g and 7.5g) to put some nice buds in it. Thats what i plan to smoke last. Like 25% of the harvest are in grove bags for the long term storage and the rest i keep accessable in glas jars with bovedas 62%. My smoking jars, which i refill once a week got 55% bovedas.
This is some Screwdriver OG, 5 Months in Grove Bags. Was my last bag of previous harvest i opened. Smell was intense and strong, the buds could be easily handled with your fingers, while crumbling it down with your fingers it left an oily film on your fingertips. Just perfectly cured, i have to admit that.
View attachment 1987208
My advice is to try both. You can spend 10$ on each and try it out. See what is working better for you.
Nice Terps on that NuG..

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Hold off on that last link I posted guys, placed my order 4 days ago and no confirmation yet that they even got the order. Sent him an email and no answer (as of yet) today. He could be out on vacation or who knows what but just the same, don't use the link till I figure this one out. Sorry if anyone used it to purchase some bags.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I was reluctant to try Grove Bags, as I incorrectly assumed they were mostly "hype". However, after I attended a seminar they put on at last year's CannaCon, I decided to give them a shot. I ordered the 5 gallon wickets for last year's hemp crop.

My biggest concerns were if these bags would work better than other containers for mass storage, and if they would really keep the "kief" from collecting on the sides of the bags.

I can testify that they do indeed keep the kief from collecting on the sides of the bags unlike regular ziplocks or turkey bags.

I can testify that they did keep my crop from drying out to a crisp unlike other containers (besides glass jars), and I can testify that they are durable, even reusable if taken care of properly, and they have kept my terpenes in-tact over the past 8 or 9 months that they've been in use.

Would I order and use them again? Absolutely. Worth every penny, in my opinion.

I wouldn't order the fancier bags unless you have a dispensary or store or something, but the regular clear bags they make are great if you just need something to get the job done.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Well, they just shipped my bags..lol, wondering if my dispute with PayPal woke them up, anyways, I have free bags coming in..lol. Paypal refunded me after my complaint and few days later they shipped... weird. I have noticed these bags do not hold up to well with even some light use. I have kinks and bends on a few of my bags (on initial use) and am wondering if they will eventually tear or get pin holes after a few runs. On the positive they seem to be holding a good steady humidity, just like what's printed on the bag, 58-62% I have reluctantly dropped in some Boveda packs (gasp) in some of the bags as a few of the buds seemed over dried. Those without the boveda packs are doing really good so maybe overkill using them at all. My plan is to not open these bags for at least 4 weeks (4th of July). The size I got was probably wishful thinking.., I could probably fit them all in one bag but 4 diffrent strains, four diffrent bags.
PXL 20230603 200017120
PXL 20230603 200111695
PXL 20230603 200039325

B

Budclarkson

I have some dried buds in grove bag for 6 days now with a small humidistat. RH is holding kind of low at 52%. Open the bag and blow into it and goes up to 60% but eventually drops to 52%.

Does the room environment have to be a certain RH to keep the bag interior at 58%?

I have the bags in a cabinet to keep them in the dark (window type).

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I have some dried buds in grove bag for 6 days now with a small humidistat. RH is holding kind of low at 52%. Open the bag and blow into it and goes up to 60% but eventually drops to 52%.

Does the room environment have to be a certain RH to keep the bag interior at 58%?

I have the bags in a cabinet to keep them in the dark (window type).
Probably over dried them, happens. Same happened to me on my first bagging but after 3 days it settled on it's own to 58, and a week later to 60. Now the last bagging's, diffrent story, they stayed low to mid 50's and one dropped to 45..yikes. I reluctantly had to drop in some Boveda 62% Two-Way Humidity Control Packs in the bags and that brought everything back up to a more comfortable level. These grove bags on their own will not add humidity like the two way packs do. If you don't have the Boveda packs some swear by a piece of tortilla, I've never tried that so your on your own if you want to. What I've used (in mason jars) is a damp paper towel (not wet, damp) inside a sandwich bag not fully sealed and that does the trick to add some humidity. You don't want the damp paper napkin touching your buds and don't use tap water. (Bottled water is good)

B

Budclarkson

Probably over dried them, happens. Same happened to me on my first bagging but after 3 days it settled on it's own to 58, and a week later to 60. Now the last bagging's, diffrent story, they stayed low to mid 50's and one dropped to 45..yikes. I reluctantly had to drop in some Boveda 62% Two-Way Humidity Control Packs in the bags and that brought everything back up to a more comfortable level. These grove bags on their own will not add humidity like the two way packs do. If you don't have the Boveda packs some swear by a piece of tortilla, I've never tried that so your on your own if you want to. What I've used (in mason jars) is a damp paper towel (not wet, damp) inside a sandwich bag not fully sealed and that does the trick to add some humidity. You don't want the damp paper napkin touching your buds and don't use tap water. (Bottled water is good)
I have a big 62 Boveda and threw it in the bag at least until I get the small 8 gram packets.

When would you choose a 58% over a 62% Boveda? Does the grove bag with a 62 Boveda vent it to 58 or some other level?

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I have a big 62 Boveda and threw it in the bag at least until I get the small 8 gram packets.

When would you choose a 58% over a 62% Boveda? Does the grove bag with a 62 Boveda vent it to 58 or some other level?
All preferences, it's said the ideal smoke is at 58%. I like to keep it slightly higher so that but the time it gets to the users hands I'm hoping it's close to that 58%. I could be full it but that's why I use the 62%

Analogguy

Analogguy

I'm on my 5th cure with them now. They do what they say they do! Big trick is putting buds into the bag at the correct moisture level. Suggust trying the "moisture meter" to determine correct moisture level and with that I've had great results.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'm on my 5th cure with them now. They do what they say they do! Big trick is putting buds into the bag at the correct moisture level. Suggust trying the "moisture meter" to determine correct moisture level and with that I've had great results.
these bags or any type like them are just junk..
these bags were created for one reason and one reason only..
shelf display..

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
shelf display..
How do you shelf display a 50 pound bag that they make ?

Analogguy

Analogguy

shelf display..
JUNK? Pretty strong term. Could not disagree more from my personal experiences curing in them. 5 perfect cures so far.

Analogguy

Analogguy

I've read several hundred threads elsewhere (actually over 2000 posts) that say differently after each posters actual experiences.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeah, I think they do a pretty much what they say they will do! And I formed this opinion, after actually trying them! And I also like Amazon!😂

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
those were an after thought..
it’s a business to make money..
ok so use the bags,
accidentally step on it if something drops on it or this or that..
i’m not wasting time or money on junk..
I've read several hundred threads elsewhere (actually over 2000 posts) that say differently after each posters actual experiences.
ya so what they are junk have to be careful handling them as stuff could fall on them or stepped on or this or that, than they start to degrade…. just a complete waste of time and money..

industrial food grade quality pails never deteriorate or release toxins and protects the product from light and getting crushed..
waste your money on those pieces of crap..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Working for me, as advertised. Did you have a bad experience with a bag?
nope
just the thought of using it is retarded..
friends did and love them at first than 6 months to a year later none i mean none of them use them anymore..
they are meant for store/shelf display..
basically they are a
T-shirt of the week..

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Jars are a lot more cost-effective in the long run! Hell you can hand those down to your kids when you croak!

Top Bottom