Status
Not open for further replies.
E9noxis

E9noxis

what one did you order?
i'm looking but the accuracy varies from .05 to 5%
This one

Screenshot 20220807 192306 Amazon Shopping

I did zero research. It took 3 minutes from finding out I needed it to posting I ordered it.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

What? Guys on my post getting new goodies? That’s it!!!! I’m getting some too! 🤣 For real tho, let me know how it works for ya.

freezeland2

freezeland2

What? Guys on my post getting new goodies? That’s it!!!! I’m getting some too! 🤣 For real tho, let me know how it works for ya.
It works well. Key is dry slow, sweat buds if necessary. You want an even dry through the bud. When that meter hits 10 - 12% stick the buds in the grove bag and heat seal closed.

Blastfact

Blastfact

I haven't heat sealed any of mine. Got first run a bit to dry before bagging up and had to put a couple of fresh fan leaves in to get them to level out. Also toss in a GOVEE china junk meter to keep a eye on temp and humidity. Just checked the GOVEE meters. Man do I hate china junk. One is saying 85.1f @ 49.5% rh. The other 77.5f @ 60.3% rh. A third in the room is reading the room at 77f @ 60% rh. The sling psychrometer says 71f @ 40% rh. God do I hate fucking china and all there damn junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

dean1963

It works well. Key is dry slow, sweat buds if necessary. You want an even dry through the bud. When that meter hits 10 - 12% stick the buds in the grove bag and heat seal closed.
what meter do you have eh?
i did some research after work today (and beers eh) and pretty much everyone says the cheap meters are extremely inaccurate.
anything under $300 Canadian dollars are considered garbage.
3 hun buys several 24's and bacon eh

freezeland2

freezeland2

what meter do you have eh?
i did some research after work today (and beers eh) and pretty much everyone says the cheap meters are extremely inaccurate.
anything under $300 Canadian dollars are considered garbage.
3 hun buys several 24's and bacon eh
I bought it at Lowes. It’s a general tools and instruments. It was like $40 and it works for me. It’s down in my room and it’s dark cycle right now so can’t go snap a pic. Are they 100% accurate? Nope but close enough. Keep the prong tips clean and use soft wood setting. It will be close enough. After doing this a few times you’ll learn what the bud feels like at that moisture level. The meter at that point is just confirmation it’s ready to seal the bags.

D

dean1963

I bought it at Lowes. It’s a general tools and instruments. It was like $40 and it works for me. It’s down in my room and it’s dark cycle right now so can’t go snap a pic. Are they 100% accurate? Nope but close enough. Keep the prong tips clean and use soft wood setting. It will be close enough. After doing this a few times you’ll learn what the bud feels like at that moisture level. The meter at that point is just confirmation it’s ready to seal the bags.
awesome thanks.
the general tools ones are available here so i guess i'll get one.
their $60ish here so i guess my tool is bigger than yours, lol

D

dean1963

I don’t trust any meters but if you use a scale as a gauge the buds are ready to cure when they stop losing weight, anywhere from 5 to 15 days depending on bud, temp and humidityView attachment 1269352
that would be a foolproof method but holy crap that must take forever if you have tons of buds.
if they stop losing weight wouldn't that mean their dry,as in no moisture in them?
wouldn't that make them harsh to smoke?
just a newb so forgive my ignorance

Madbud

Madbud

that would be a foolproof method but holy crap that must take forever if you have tons of buds.
if they stop losing weight wouldn't that mean their dry,as in no moisture in them?
wouldn't that make them harsh to smoke?
just a newb so forgive my ignorance
I only weigh a couple cuts per plant, its my experience the buds dry uniformly, big and small alike. They’re still moist inside but its not water, its the oils that cure. Try it if you have a scale. Its a lot more scientific than branch snapping, paper bags and taco chips.
Edit: 48 hours in the jar, locked on 60%, dried at 83° and 55% humidity.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How do I know when the buds are at proper dry level accurately enough to use the bags?

I ordered some but they won't be to me in time for the cure. I'm using jars this time. But for the future, my question still stands
If they are ok for jars they are ok for grove bags… just going by the science behind them

Reactions: PK1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom