Grove Bags Yes? No? Why?

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dothraki

Dothraki

I’m getting the lawn clippings/hay smell after being in Grove Bags for a few days after a 14-16 day slow dry.

Weird thing is…they smelled and tasted great BEFORE going into the bags. Now the flavor is masked with green, and they aren’t super smooth on the throat anymore. I started burping the bags hoping to get rid of it.

RH in bags is 60

TSD

TSD

Hey guys random but I was going to order half pound bags but for some reason the grovebag website was telling me I can't place the order due to not having permissions .. I figured maybe I need to log in but nope nothing worked ,huh ...

So I got some from amazon that were overpriced. Is it possible that their fakes ?
They look the same but there are two big windows on the front, I havent seen those on their website . Asking you guys if you ever recieved simillar looking from grovebag website itself .
thanks
Yeah they have a few different styles, some are thinner plastic and have no windows, the "velvet touch " are a thicker plastic and slightly more expensive, I prefer them. I usually get the "build your own variety pack " and get several different sizes.

TSD

TSD

I’m getting the lawn clippings/hay smell after being in Grove Bags for a few days after a 14-16 day slow dry.

Weird thing is…they smelled and tasted great BEFORE going into the bags. Now the flavor is masked with green, and they aren’t super smooth on the throat anymore. I started burping the bags hoping to get rid of it.

RH in bags is 60
Burping the bags is probably counterproductive, the whole point of them is you don't need to burp. You're interrupting the cure every time you open. Have patience. After you are sure they're not going to mold, leave them closed. It takes a good month, preferably more, for a proper cure. The smell is probably the cure happening as all those volatile compounds are broken down. A few days is nothing in cure time lol.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Burping the bags is probably counterproductive, the whole point of them is you don't need to burp. You're interrupting the cure every time you open. Have patience. After you are sure they're not going to mold, leave them closed. It takes a good month, preferably more, for a proper cure. The smell is probably the cure happening as all those volatile compounds are broken down. A few days is nothing in cure time lol.
I was just worried they would lock that flavor in… since I never saw anyone mention the hay smell in the first week in Grove Bags. Is that normal? Surely, I can’t be the only one that has a bag set aside to steal from lol. Is the grassy/hay smell normal during the first week or 2 in the bags?

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I was just worried they would lock that flavor in… since I never saw anyone mention the hay smell in the first week in Grove Bags. Is that normal? Surely, I can’t be the only one that has a bag set aside to steal from lol. Is the grassy/hay smell normal during the first week or 2 in the bags?
I heat sealed mine, i will tell you in a few more weeks how they did

TSD

TSD

I don't necessarily get strong grass/hay... that can mean immature bud... but I think a slight grassy smell is normal early on as the chlorophyll breaks down. I will say for me, the smell goes from underwhelming to amazing over the course of a month. I almost always question if I fucked something up, but I'm also impatient. I did have one immature plant this year, probably about 2 weeks early, and unfortunately it still smells a bit hay -ish... but whatever, it was only a little one and still gets you stoned.

Neueregel

Neueregel

Go open one and tell me if it smells like grass or hay 😂🤞🤞
i know what you mean. i've had some that smoke like grass, and in the same bag had some awesome smelling bud. i've got 3 bags that have been sealed for almost 2 months now and i had a bad i kept unsealed. this is the bag i've had both good and not so good smoke.

freezeland2

freezeland2

i know what you mean. i've had some that smoke like grass, and in the same bag had some awesome smelling bud. i've got 3 bags that have been sealed for almost 2 months now and i had a bad i kept unsealed. this is the bag i've had both good and not so good smoke.
Every time you open a bag you lose the terploc property of the bag. I spoke to someone from Grove about a year ago
And was told if you open the bag it takes at least 48 hrs to regain the terploc seal in the bag. So when you open one get enough out to last a few days and reseal the bag.

ninjadip

ninjadip

RH in bags is 60
i would put them in there with less moisture next time. they work different than jars. you aren't going to put them in there like you do with jars and burp your way down to the perfect humidity. in the bags you will put them in when you get 12% humidity with a moisture meter, then let them sit, sealed, for a month like other peeps are saying.

if the hay smell came after you put them in there, then most likely they had to much internal moisture when you put them in.

that's my guess, i hope that helps

Neueregel

Neueregel

Every time you open a bag you lose the terploc property of the bag. I spoke to someone from Grove about a year ago
And was told if you open the bag it takes at least 48 hrs to regain the terploc seal in the bag. So when you open one get enough out to last a few days and reseal the bag.
Yeah I know it take time to build back up that's why I didn't seal this one, as I knew I would keep using that bag. Lol

Neueregel

Neueregel

i would put them in there with less moisture next time. they work different than jars. you aren't going to put them in there like you do with jars and burp your way down to the perfect humidity. in the bags you will put them in when you get 12% humidity with a moisture meter, then let them sit, sealed, for a month like other peeps are saying.

if the hay smell came after you put them in there, then most likely they had to much internal moisture when you put them in.

I used a moisture meter and stored in Grove bag when % was 10-12.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Think they will still cure and get rid of the grassy smell?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Think they will still cure and get rid of the grassy smell?
Yes if you seal them good and leave them alone for a month. Every time you open that bag and take a sniff you are delaying the process of the bag by a couple days.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Yes if you seal them good and leave them alone for a month. Every time you open that bag and take a sniff you are delaying the process of the bag by a couple days.
Ok I’ll give it a shot. They regulate moisture too apparently…I hope the cells in the membrane allow unwanted gasses out 😬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom