Grove Bags Yes? No? Why?

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I believe they are a set it and forget it type of product. Meaning once you've achieved the initial dry you just plop the flower straight into these bags and they self cure. I'm strongly considering trying some out for myself.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I just bought some for my latest grow. You can get them in any size you want from a gram size to 55 gallon barrel size. I bought 4 qp bags and a few ounce bags

They are cheaper than jars and require no burping. This alone is worth it to me.

The dry has to be adequate before going in but once bagged the material regulates the internal rh to 58 to 62. No burping. I would definitely pick some up and do a parallel cure to compare if you have enough harvest.

You can also heat seal them for longer storage. Plus it looks more professional when you gift someone a sealed bag. :)

So far the bags seem to work. I'm 10 or 11 days into cure.

Last edited:
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I just bought some for my latest grow. You can get them in any size you want from a gram size to 55 gallon barrel size. I bought 4 qp bags and a few ounce bags

They are cheaper than jars and require no burping. This alone is worth it to me.

The dry has to be adequate before going in but once bagged the material regulates the internal rh to 58 to 62. No burping. I would definitely pick some up and do a parallel cure to compare if you have enough harvest.

So far the bags seem to work. I'm 10 or 11 days into cure.
Thanks for sharing that with me. I’m out of room to store the jars in proper conditions, seemed to me I could just stack these up. Burping jars drive me nuts and take a lot of time. Im going to take your advice and try them out. 🙂

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

I like them, plus if you want to move some bud they keep the smell down really good. The 1 o/z bags I don't like because the zip lock comes apart very easy and it's a one time bag because of that, but the bigger bags work good and can open it up without hurting the zip lock on it.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
I like them, plus if you want to move some bud they keep the smell down really good. The 1 o/z bags I don't like because the zip lock comes apart very easy and it's a one time bag because of that, but the bigger bags work good and can open it up without hurting the zip lock on it.
I believe the issues with the one oz. bags was a production thing that they've since fixed. I just bought some in the beginning of Feb for a parallel cure and I haven't had any issues with the zip locks on the 2oz I've been through so far. Definitely sold on the bags though.

TSD

TSD

I used them last harvest for the first time because I had an abundant harvest and jars were not an option for all of it. I really like them, they definitely cure without burping as they claim, mine has been in them for about 6 months and it smells better everytime I get into them. I still flip the buds occasionally just so bottom ones don't get flattened over time. I didn't heat seal any of mine from fall because I like to play with and manicure my buds here and there when I'm bored, but I'll probably seal a few and stash them away soon. I keep all the grove bags in a cooler for extra protection because my house is sooo dry in winter, but they claim to not be affected by the environment they are in as long as it's not super extreme. I think the QP size is best if you have a manageable amount, the HP ones are big and a little cumbersome to store. I prefer the "soft touch" kind because it feels like a stronger material that I'll be able to reuse a few times. Just be careful with the zipper seals, they seal very well and there are a few rows of interlocking grooves and flaps, if you pull the wrong way hard, you can rip the whole zipper off... I did it to one lol... stoner moment. 🤷‍♀️

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I used them last harvest for the first time because I had an abundant harvest and jars were not an option for all of it. I really like them, they definitely cure without burping as they claim, mine has been in them for about 6 months and it smells better everytime I get into them. I still flip the buds occasionally just so bottom ones don't get flattened over time. I didn't heat seal any of mine from fall because I like to play with and manicure my buds here and there when I'm bored, but I'll probably seal a few and stash them away soon. I keep all the grove bags in a cooler for extra protection because my house is sooo dry in winter, but they claim to not be affected by the environment they are in as long as it's not super extreme. I think the QP size is best if you have a manageable amount, the HP ones are big and a little cumbersome to store. I prefer the "soft touch" kind because it feels like a stronger material that I'll be able to reuse a few times. Just be careful with the zipper seals, they seal very well and there are a few rows of interlocking grooves and flaps, if you pull the wrong way hard, you can rip the whole zipper off... I did it to one lol... stoner moment. 🤷‍♀️
Do you have a link to the soft touch ones? I have read so much I’m a bit confused! Will it say soft touch? I will definitely be buying the QP size. I have an entire closet full of half gallon jars and I’m looking to conserve space and control smell. I’m leaning toward the black ones with a clear window in them. BTW your opinion on smell control? Thanks much! 🙂

TSD

TSD

Do you have a link to the soft touch ones? I have read so much I’m a bit confused! Will it say soft touch? I will definitely be buying the QP size. I have an entire closet full of half gallon jars and I’m looking to conserve space and control smell. I’m leaning toward the black ones with a clear window in them. BTW your opinion on smell control? Thanks much! 🙂

I think smell control is pretty good, it's not 100% like a jar because it is a permeable material, but acceptable I'd say... when I open my cooler there is a faint smell, but if they were in an open area, it would probably just dissipate and not be noticeable at all. Or there could be a rogue bud in there causing the smell lol, but for the amount I have in a small space, smell control is good, and my outdoor is pretty stinky.

D

dean1963

I never used groove bags but I bought some a week ago and just recieved my order today, they even sent me a freebie 1/4
I never used groove bags but I bought some a week ago and just recieved my order today, they even sent me a freebie 1/4 Oz bag.

I never used groove bags but I bought some a week ago and just recieved my order today, they even sent me a freebie 1/4 Oz bag.
i looked at that link and clicked on 1/4 lb bags and the price said $375 or close, i said to hell with that.
then i searched more and found them for $3.75 each. lol
the website needs some work as i guess what i clicked was for 100 bags i guess. i doesn't say
but i'll try some for under 4 bucks

indogrow420

indogrow420

what would happen if I was to leave the groovebag in the fridge for a few months?

D

dean1963

Thanks for sharing that with me. I’m out of room to store the jars in proper conditions, seemed to me I could just stack these up. Burping jars drive me nuts and take a lot of time. Im going to take your advice and try them out. 🙂
old thread i know but, i wouldn't stack them up.
from what i know they need to breathe and couldn't do that if their stacked up.
correct me if i'm wrong though

E9noxis

E9noxis

How do I know when the buds are at proper dry level accurately enough to use the bags?

I ordered some but they won't be to me in time for the cure. I'm using jars this time. But for the future, my question still stands

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

How do I know when the buds are at proper dry level accurately enough to use the bags?

I ordered some but they won't be to me in time for the cure. I'm using jars this time. But for the future, my question still stands

Mine go into the Grove bags the day after the buds feel crunchy and crisp when squeezed. I know it's not the terribly scientific answer you were hoping for.

freezeland2

freezeland2

10 - 12% on a wood moisture meter. Grove recommends that on their website. I haven’t had a bad cure yet doing that. The other important thing is heat sealing the bag closed and leave it alone in a cool dark place for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom