Grove Bags Yes? No? Why?

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

ordered me some grove bags yesterday. Hard to get here...
Can weed which was in glas jars with boveda for 3-4 weeks still be putted in bovedas to improve taste ?
Or is it to late now ?

Dothraki

Dothraki

7 weeks later… my grove bag starting with 62% RH slowly dropped to 53% during the cure (stayed at 62%/66f for couple weeks). I opened a bag that has been heat sealed since going in after a 2 week dry, and I still get some green taste and a bit of a throat hit. They were more flavorful and I recall smoother too before going into the bags. Next time I’ll run half bags and half jars before forming my conclusion. As of now I’ll say they are a viable option for convenience or for someone that doesn’t burp jars correctly but won’t get you to connoisseur level quality. I would probably stick to jars for that, especially when curing in winter when my house is 30-40% RH.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
7 weeks later… my grove bag starting with 62% RH slowly dropped to 53% during the cure (stayed at 62%/66f for couple weeks). I opened a bag that has been heat sealed since going in after a 2 week dry, and I still get some green taste and a bit of a throat hit. They were more flavorful and I recall smoother too before going into the bags. Next time I’ll run half bags and half jars before forming my conclusion. As of now I’ll say they are a viable option for convenience or for someone that doesn’t burp jars correctly but won’t get you to connoisseur level quality. I would probably stick to jars for that, especially when curing in winter when my house is 30-40% RH.
Thanks for the benefit of the knowledge from your three/four? cures. I’ll be sure to take your opinion into account in my search for “connoisseur level quality”. Apparently you have a magic method for burping your jars which is infinitely superior to that of many long term growers who have abandoned their jars for this new “convenient” option. Kudos!

Dothraki

Dothraki

Thanks for the benefit of the knowledge from your three/four? cures. I’ll be sure to take your opinion into account in my search for “connoisseur level quality”. Apparently you have a magic method for burping your jars which is infinitely superior to that of many long term growers who have abandoned their jars for this new “convenient” option. Kudos!
I understand your response and defensive tone since most people are dumb, but I’m very precise with my methods and research/knowledge…I used to run 13 television stations across the US including handling the legal contracts, analyzing ratings and statistics and solving corporate political issues as well as technical issues. Basically, I know how to understand things haha. Maybe you would consider my buds as connoisseur level quality because compared to dispensaries they are superior, but I have had the best of the best and, at least in my RH conditions which the bags reside, they will not get you there. They lose moisture and possibly don’t off-gass quick enough.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I understand your response and defensive tone since most people are dumb, but I’m very precise with my methods and research/knowledge…I used to run 13 television stations across the US including handling the legal contracts, analyzing ratings and statistics and solving corporate political issues as well as technical issues. Basically, I know how to understand things haha. Maybe you would consider my buds as connoisseur level quality because compared to dispensaries they are superior, but I have had the best of the best and, at least in my RH conditions which the bags reside, they will not get you there. They lose moisture and possibly don’t off-gass quick enough.
You do what works for you. Likewise those of us that have success with the bags will do what works for us. It’s all good. Happy growing.

E

elusiveshame

Maybe you would consider my buds as connoisseur level quality because compared to dispensaries they are superior, but I have had the best of the best

I mean, literally every weed dealer says this about their product and/or grow ;)

(not saying yours isn't - I can't say as I've never smoked it, but these words means nothing to most people because everyone claims this)

2Bad

2Bad

DAMN! Everyone jumping on @Dothraki he said he's gonna run half and half next time before jumping to conclusion! lol I think most of us using grove bags just don't have the time to burp the amount we grow. And when it comes to curing it can take months ...like more than 7 weeks . I don't heat seal mine.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

It was his comment about "not achieving connoiseur levels" that irked me. He seems to be the exception in terms of results and experiences when it comes to this method of curing and whether he implied it or not he kind of 💩 on anyone/everyone who is currently using G bags to cure their bud. Like we cannot achieve whatever level of quality it is that he deems to be at that level.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I grow 4 plants and generally store each harvested plant in its own 17 liter cvault.
Plant #3 harvested 7 weeks ago 840 grams. Burping 30 oz at a time is not a problem

20230206 152948

TSD

TSD

It was his comment about "not achieving connoiseur levels" that irked me. He seems to be the exception in terms of results and experiences when it comes to this method of curing and whether he implied it or not he kind of 💩 on anyone/everyone who is currently using G bags to cure their bud. Like we cannot achieve whatever level of quality it is that he deems to be at that level.
I have great results with them, it only continues to improve... but I protect it from the dry air with my cooler full of bags. 🤷‍♀️

2Bad

2Bad

Yeah I ignored that part because I knew better . Conno levels come from good genes (;

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
Not defensive at all. I couldn’t care less if you shove your own crop up your butt. I find your “expert” tone amusing as all hell! Everyone’s got a right to be a dumbass. You evidently enjoy exercising yours.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Dangerous when people defend products like this lol. I am not out to shit on..or praise anyone. But truth is truth whether it fits your portrayed narrative or not. The fact of the matter is… these bags do NOT do well in dry environments because they lose too much too fast, even heat sealed. That is a fact. At least with the bags I have, which I assume came off the same conveyor belt.

Recognizing the limits and/or shortcomings of a product will lead to better products and a higher standard….unless of course you have an emotional connection to that product and lash out at anyone that points out it’s deficiencies.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Not defensive at all. I couldn’t care less if you shove your own crop up your butt. I find your “expert” tone amusing as all hell! Everyone’s got a right to be a dumbass. You evidently enjoy exercising yours.
Dangerous when people defend products like this lol. I am not out to shit on..or praise anyone. But truth is truth whether it fits your portrayed narrative or not. The fact of the matter is… these bags do NOT do well in dry environments because they lose too much too fast, even heat sealed. That is a fact. At least with the bags I have, which I assume came off the same conveyor belt.

Recognizing the limits and/or shortcomings of a product will lead to better products and a higher standard….unless of course you have an emotional connection to that product and lash out at anyone that points out it’s deficiencies.
Time to take it down a notch. Agree to disagree.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I am mid Atlantic in Virginia. Believe you are too? 20 - 30% humidity. The bags work fine here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom