Grove Bags Yes? No? Why?

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I hear ya there haha, I use my ph meter half the time I used to, extra lights, new tents, more genetics, 😂😂, and feels like every topic you read you see another gadget ya never thought would be needed lol
Oh yeah? Wait till you get a Brix meter on recc by master @Moe.Red and find yourself running around testing everything that grows for it's photosynthesis status 😂 My wife thinks I'm crazy. I've got more gadgets than flower that's for sure

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Oh yeah? Wait till you get a Brix meter on recc by master @Moe.Red and find yourself running around testing everything that grows for it's photosynthesis status 😂 My wife thinks I'm crazy. I've got more gadgets than flower that's for sure
Man, I'm really starting to feel bad about spending other people's money for them. No more recommendations for gadgets or anything unless someone specifically asks me for it! Just because I love gadgetry does not mean everyone needs all this stuff.

17342-please-forgive-me-1-800x400.jpg

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Man, I'm really starting to feel bad about spending other people's money for them. No more recommendations for gadgets or anything unless someone specifically asks me for it! Just because I love gadgetry does not mean everyone needs all this stuff.

Nawww man sorry I laid it out wrong but I meant it is awesome. Shit was $15 brotha and I love it and would never have even known about it. I was meaning I can measure everything now and my lady laughs at me.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Another Tool? alrighty.... I need a lab......Moe? This site can be expensive to participate in, 4 years ago I learned about ph.....I'd grown for years without knowing.......bought a tool.......ah ppm you say...bought a tool.....leaf temps?.....humidity?....lol....it goes on and on and on ...now I need a moisture meter? sure wtf not...lol.....I just recieved my garlic smasher so I can use my Brix tool....lol.....on we go..
You too!

screen-shot-2017-03-06-at-2-54-30-pm.png

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

This video explains the drying process pretty well imo. He says curing isn't necessary and doesnt add anything to the buds though so who knows, contradictory information abounds! lol
https://youtu.be/3pcRHWjsmNE
I think where that divide happens is in what one defines "doesn't add anything to the buds." means.

I can say that freshly DRIED smoke vs dried and CURED smoke definitely has a different flavor but he may be referring to it's cerebral effects rather than the smoking experience that happens prior.

That's the problem with things like weed cultivation. There really isn't a marker that one can use as a standard since everyones definitions are based on what their bias is. You may like super frosty nugs because you assume frosty means nuclear but I've smoked the shittiest looking brown weed I've ever seen and it knocked me on my ass.

I think curing has beneficial effects for end product although I have no real empirical data that can back that up but, again, what would be the baseline?

Maybe the local mad scientists can provide a definitive answer? Aqua? Moe?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

this legit is genius but I went to an herb convention type thing and I had my white widow and chem cookies tested for thc. It also listed moisture content and long story short I think you are right on with the 12% but not the 10. I think we should shoot for the 12 since can't add the moisture back but can still dry it out more if needed
Bang on brother 12-14% curing stops around 11 i think

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have used a moisture meter they get ya close but not as close as one may think. An experienced grower can get closer by feel but they are cheap and handy enough to tinker with.
Quality of the meter and the proper setting is important. I can’t remember what i used to set it to but i think it was soft wood

TSD

TSD

How does curing affect flavor? Why does some bud taste amazing in a vape, but no/minimal flavor in a joint, but smokes smooth? Asking for a friend.....lmao
Curing breaks down stuff like sugars and starches and chlorophyll which all affect flavor and smoothness. Bud in a vape isn't being combusted, or set aflame as it is in a joint... as the air in the bowl of a vape is heated, the resin glands, and therefore thc are vaporized into the air by the heat and sucked in, leaving most of the plant material untouched save a color change... that's why it's important to use bud at a proper moisture level when you vape, cause if it's too dry, the weed will just combust, then you're no longer vaping, you're just smoking from a really expensive electric bowl lol. That's why the taste is so different, you're only getting the good stuff for the most part, not all the plant material. The first few hits off my Mighty tastes just like it smells in the jar... delightful. Man this tolerance break is starting to get to me man. 🤣

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

this legit is genius but I went to an herb convention type thing and I had my white widow and chem cookies tested for thc. It also listed moisture content and long story short I think you are right on with the 12% but not the 10. I think we should shoot for the 12 since can't add the moisture back but can still dry it out more if needed
Just like cooking. Season as you go and check often.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Don't feel bad about giving us insight into our plants!!! If I can get a better picture of what my plants status is for under $20 I'm there.....

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

More tools, we all need more tools even if we don't use em we gots em if we needs em. And when we got them all we get bigger ones, better ones, spare ones left handed ones...just in case

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

More tools, we all need more tools even if we don't use em we gots em if we needs em. And when we got them all we get bigger ones, better ones, spare ones left handed ones...just in case
I'm a little embarrassed to say all the tools I have. It's bordering on ridiculous. Scratch that, it is ridiculous. And I'm not done lol. I'm currently looking at upgrading my spectrophotometer to include far red and UVA/B. But I can quit any time I want. 😬

Wait - NO YOU DO NOT NEED A SPECTROPHOTOMETER PIPE CARVER!!! But a left handed PH probe might be handy.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I'm a little embarrassed to say all the tools I have. It's bordering on ridiculous. Scratch that, it is ridiculous. And I'm not done lol. I'm currently looking at upgrading my spectrophotometer to include far red and UVA/B. But I can quit any time I want. 😬

Wait - NO YOU DO NOT NEED A SPECTROPHOTOMETER PIPE CARVER!!! But a left handed PH probe might be handy.
A left hand ph probe, now that’s funny. You killing me here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom