Grow 2 - Indoor - Auto Bluetooth, Caramelicious and Magnum from MSNL

• Thread starter Gashuffer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Have you checked out something like these sprayers?

That appears to be intended to cover wider areas of garden. Not a 3 gallon pot. I’m at Home Depot enough, if I find this ring doesn’t work, I’m all for trying new methods.

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That appears to be intended to cover wider areas of garden. Not a 3 gallon pot. I’m at Home Depot enough, if I find this ring doesn’t work, I’m all for trying new methods.
Yeah I guess I just mean sprayers in general. I'm thinking like they have at the grocery store to keep veggies fresh. Your current plan is counting hard on capillary effects, which might work or might not, I really don't know. But if not there seems like options for wider coverage.

I have been thinking about this a lot for my own purposes down the line is part of why I ask.

Come to think of it, if you punched holes on alternating sides and then laid so they go sideways, it might get better coverage. Maybe take caps from toothpaste etc, poke a few holes, and if you can seal it you might have a homemade sprayer that you can use with the holes you punched in hose?

Last edited:
Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Yeah I guess I just mean sprayers in general. I'm thinking like they have at the grocery store to keep veggies fresh. Your current plan is counting hard on capillary effects, which might work or might not, I really don't know. But if not there seems like options for wider coverage.

I have been thinking about this a lot for my own purposes down the line is part of why I ask.

Come to think of it, if you punched holes on alternating sides and then laid so they go sideways, it might get better coverage. Maybe take caps from toothpaste etc, poke a few holes, and if you can seal it you might have a homemade sprayer that you can use with the holes you punched in hose?

Yep, I don't expect to be able to have a uniform spray to cover the entire surface. If I can get a decent ring around the rootball, I figure as the roots fill the pot, they should help distribute the water as well. I do expect to have to do some hand watering, i'm just looking to minimize it as much as possible.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yep, I don't expect to be able to have a uniform spray to cover the entire surface. If I can get a decent ring around the rootball, I figure as the roots fill the pot, they should help distribute the water as well. I do expect to have to do some hand watering, i'm just looking to minimize it as much as possible.
Makes sense, I look forward to seeing how it works!

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Built my rings today. Put (7) 1/16” holes into each one. I ran 3 tests on them. 1 with a 0.5 GPH flow meter, 1.0 GPH and then free flow from my pump which had no meter.

I opted to go with no meter as I was getting about 2L in 5 min. The other ones seemed to put enough flow that some holes wouldn’t drip if the ring wasn’t level. If that ends up being too much for the soil to absorb and it starts draining out of the sides of the AirPots, I’ll scale it back.

They work pretty well at first glance! We shall see at my next watering.

99CB0537 6D3C 47E6 ABB4 22609710D03C

78E4584E 79DB 4FD9 9EA0 15B350FB0279

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

One of my seedlings has a weird coloring on the first set of leaves. Anyone see this before or know if I should be concerned?
D2E863E3 0CFC 4C54 9B5A 56B3FBA4923B

05712517 4B13 4C4F 9D55 3EF9D3BDED68

8DCB038B C089 40E6 BBDC C849CEDBDE7C

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Following along :) love the water system ring style looks like it waters pretty evenly and not flood it. I run into that issue with my fabric pots also, water too fast it just starts flowing right out the sides.. I use a little 1gal pump sprayer with the tip removed. Veriable flow with trigger pressure works well for me but something more automated would definitely make my life easier. Love it might look into more details about it at some point :)

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Following along :) love the water system ring style looks like it waters pretty evenly and not flood it. I run into that issue with my fabric pots also, water too fast it just starts flowing right out the sides.. I use a little 1gal pump sprayer with the tip removed. Veriable flow with trigger pressure works well for me but something more automated would definitely make my life easier. Love it might look into more details about it at some point :)

Thanks. So far it works well. I had my pump plugged into one of my wifi devices and didn’t realize it was on a schedule already. So it was already watered while I slept the other night. I wanted to witness the actual watering, but it appeared to water slow enough that water didn’t shoot out from the holes in the Airpot. I’m still doing mostly hand watering now since they’re still babies.

see below link for what I built for my irrigation for this grow when you’re interested.

Link to my irrigation thread

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

How strong is their light?

The MarsHydro TS1000? I suppose strong enough? It’s my only grow light I’ve got or ever used. So I don’t have anything to gage it off of.

It gives enough to grow my plants in my 2.5x2.5 tent lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The MarsHydro TS1000? I suppose strong enough? It’s my only grow light I’ve got or ever used. So I don’t have anything to gage it off of.

It gives enough to grow my plants in my 2.5x2.5 tent lol.
I think @Milson is on to something. To me it look like light bleaching.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

I think @Milson is on to something. To me it look like light bleaching.
Yeah I was thinking too strong. I did exactly this to my seedlings a few weeks ago lol.

oohh back to my question on my seedling color. Got it. I thought you were just asking about my light in general!

If it’s bleaching, the next leaves should be clear, unless it’s still bleaching, right?

my other 2 seedlings have zero issues. Just that one, and they’ve all been side by side thru their life so far. The light has been at 28in above the soil surface so far. So it shouldn’t be too intense.

The only difference is that the one with odd coloring was a bit delayed from breaking ground, and I wonder if that could have been the difference? I’ll keep monitoring the future growth.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
oohh back to my question on my seedling color. Got it. I thought you were just asking about my light in general!

If it’s bleaching, the next leaves should be clear, unless it’s still bleaching, right?

my other 2 seedlings have zero issues. Just that one, and they’ve all been side by side thru their life so far. The light has been at 28in above the soil surface so far. So it shouldn’t be too intense.

The only difference is that the one with odd coloring was a bit delayed from breaking ground, and I wonder if that could have been the difference? I’ll keep monitoring the future growth.
Yeah it could just be the leaves were slightly younger. Next leaves should be okay.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Yeah I wonder if they got bleached from my cfl that I had slammed down on top of the 3 seedlings. Oh well! Hope it doesn’t stunt her too much.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Start of week 2 update. 7 days in from the seeds popping thru the soil.

I figure I’ll do Saturday updates unless something concerning comes up.

I’ve only fed with water that I accidentally ran the pump and fed like a gallon to each. Oops. And then with a mixture of seaweed and superthrive, pHed to 6.7. No nutrients yet, but will probably start before next update in a week.

Bluetooth looks A-ok
Carmelicious has a few spots on her that I’ll monitor. Not concerned atm.
Magnum looks to be growing out of the leaf discoloration.

0EBA0615 D0FF 474A A39F DCA2CA111FEA

66ED248D 5340 4C61 9F95 57EAB0F24039
1857D3EA 71D2 4C08 9919 644F8686AE7D
C284C740 8BCF 4BAE BA72 60DBB48420C2

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yeesh, that's a lot of water. Big pot at least. Can prob hold off for a good while now. They look good!

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Tent cleaned, Air Pots filled and watering system ready to go. The cypress mulch pieces were just contamination from my shed where I mixed the soil. Im not concerned with it.

just need these seeds to crack!

Grow Log Here

View attachment 987850
How are the airpots? What size are you using and will you transplant them at some point? I have been using the cloth pots and been quite happy with them, although they do have some whiteness around them. Not sure if that is the salts of the nutes, but it doesn't appear to be growing.
Interested in the airpots, though. Any advice is welcome. Cheers!

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Yeesh, that's a lot of water. Big pot at least. Can prob hold off for a good while now. They look good!

much of it was runoff. With my last grow in my 3 gal nursery pot. I couldnt get more than 1.8L to absorb into the soil, even when I pushed the soil to its driest. I figure if anything, that 1gal was a similar to a flush.

The soil started to dry on the edges in the AirPots within a day or two. Which was nice to see. If you look at the pics in the post where i had the video of my drip ring, you’ll see the soil really wet. Now the soil is pretty dry on the edges. That’s purely from evaporation, not use from the plants yet. No way a regular solid walled pot would dry out that fast just from evap.

How are the airpots? What size are you using and will you transplant them at some point? I have been using the cloth pots and been quite happy with them, although they do have some whiteness around them. Not sure if that is the salts of the nutes, but it doesn't appear to be growing.
Interested in the airpots, though. Any advice is welcome. Cheers!

I do not intend to transplant these. They’re autos, so they’ll live and die in this container. These are the yellow bottom, #3 I believe. 3 gallon, or they say 2.2gal equivalent.

I grew in solid pots last grow, this is the first time in the AirPots. One of the three strains is what I grew last time, so it’ll be interesting to see the difference.

Top Bottom