Grow deux - Critical Kush in rural Thailand

• Thread starter IsanFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

Yep that chart recommends too high EC, most of the nutrients manufacturers feeding charts are like that, there's some exceptions.

Yes these nutrient manufactures try their best to be crafty. It's not enough that I paid £75 for their starter pack, they want me to buy another one as soon as possible, and they do that by being disingenuous about the amounts you should be using. Not only is that dishonest but it can also cause problems through overfeeding. Yesterday when I fed my plants I only used 1 ml of A and B per litre of water and that still gave me an EC of 0.9.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Yes these nutrient manufactures try their best to be crafty. It's not enough that I paid £75 for their starter pack, they want me to buy another one as soon as possible, and they do that by being disingenuous about the amounts you should be using. Not only is that dishonest but it can also cause problems through overfeeding. Yesterday when I fed my plants I only used 1 ml of A and B per litre of water and that still gave me an EC of 0.9.
the marketing tactics, not that it will overfeed, but it can, for sure. If someone complain they say, "adjust strengths accordingly to your plants need" hehehe
0.9ec will be fine :-)

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

These were taken in the last half hour. I'm on day 31 and they've just finished their second week of veg. I fed them yesterday with Dutch Pro Grow A and B, CalMag and Take Root. EC 0.9 and PH 6.2. They look healthy but as you can see some of them aren't growing at the same rate and they're shorter. Strangely enough, the shortest plant is not one of the ones that I forgot to plant with mycorrhiza?

I've got the tallest ones in places that are getting the least PPFD and the shortest ones in places that get the most PPFD to see if that will help even their growth rate out. Do you think they'll even out? Due to time constraints and thw size of the tent I haven't topped them because I'm hoping to flip them in 10 days. Some of them aren't growing straight. Shall I try to straighten them or will they straighten up themselves over time?

20231011 085317
20231011 085325
20231011 085442
IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

Some photos from today, which is day 38. They were fed yesterday with Dutch Pro nutrients and CalMag at 0.9 EC and PH 6.2. Temperatures are always in the 70s and the RH is always around 55 to 65% , with the temperature nearer to 80 during the light cycle, and during the dark cycle, closer to 60.

I gave them a light defoliation yesterday because some of the leaves were getting way too big and blocking out light. Owing to time constraints I didn't top these and I'm probably going to flip them in a few days time so that they'll get nearly all of the 55 days of flower that's required before harvest. That should give me plenty of time to dry them before our holiday begins on the 22nd of December. I did have 10 plants but I've had to get rid of one because 10 were too big for my 4x4 tent.

I'm a little disappointed with the aesthetic of some of these plants because their stems are very bent. I clearly need to improve my transplanting technique! Or is this caused by something else? Generally speaking the plants look healthy but the leaves look a bit scaly and I'm not sure what is causing this, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

This is going to a good experiment for me to experience the differences between topping and not topping plants. My last grow I harvested just over 10 ounces from 3 plants which was a lot more than I expected, so I'd need just over an ounce from each plant in this run to give me a similar amount. However, I can't see that these plants will give me that much this time? Or is an ounce from each of these is a realistic estimate?

20231018 082016
20231018 082117
20231018 082125
20231018 082137
20231018 082155
20231018 082707
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

These were taken in the last half hour. I'm on day 31 and they've just finished their second week of veg. I fed them yesterday with Dutch Pro Grow A and B, CalMag and Take Root. EC 0.9 and PH 6.2. They look healthy but as you can see some of them aren't growing at the same rate and they're shorter. Strangely enough, the shortest plant is not one of the ones that I forgot to plant with mycorrhiza?

I've got the tallest ones in places that are getting the least PPFD and the shortest ones in places that get the most PPFD to see if that will help even their growth rate out. Do you think they'll even out? Due to time constraints and thw size of the tent I haven't topped them because I'm hoping to flip them in 10 days. Some of them aren't growing straight. Shall I try to straighten them or will they straighten up themselves over time?
Different phenotypes will have different grow pattern, terpenes and etc, all good they look great imho. The bent main stem are them searching for light while having light competition, spread those pots around better so you get better light penetration overall.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Some photos from today, which is day 38. They were fed yesterday with Dutch Pro nutrients and CalMag at 0.9 EC and PH 6.2. Temperatures are always in the 70s and the RH is always around 55 to 65% , with the temperature nearer to 80 during the light cycle, and during the dark cycle, closer to 60.

I gave them a light defoliation yesterday because some of the leaves were getting way too big and blocking out light. Owing to time constraints I didn't top these and I'm probably going to flip them in a few days time so that they'll get nearly all of the 55 days of flower that's required before harvest. That should give me plenty of time to dry them before our holiday begins on the 22nd of December. I did have 10 plants but I've had to get rid of one because 10 were too big for my 4x4 tent.

I'm a little disappointed with the aesthetic of some of these plants because their stems are very bent. I clearly need to improve my transplanting technique! Or is this caused by something else? Generally speaking the plants look healthy but the leaves look a bit scaly and I'm not sure what is causing this, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

This is going to a good experiment for me to experience the differences between topping and not topping plants. My last grow I harvested just over 10 ounces from 3 plants which was a lot more than I expected, so I'd need just over an ounce from each plant in this run to give me a similar amount. However, I can't see that these plants will give me that much this time? Or is an ounce from each of these is a realistic estimate?
I would say easily 1 ounce per plant, but don't be surprised if much more hehehe
Keep doing what you doing they gonna be great , spread them around and make use of all your tent real state

Btw without topping I think it's time to flip next 3 days if so, they will stretch like mofos under 12/12 lights.
Cheers

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

Different phenotypes will have different grow pattern, terpenes and etc, all good they look great imho. The bent main stem are them searching for light while having light competition, spread those pots around better so you get better light penetration overall.

Yes I've spread them out better now that I have 9 plants, this tent isn't big enough for 10 but it was worth a try! I also rearrange the positions of the plants frequently, or is it better to keep them in the same places?

I would say easily 1 ounce per plant, but don't be surprised if much more hehehe
Keep doing what you doing they gonna be great , spread them around and make use of all your tent real state

Btw without topping I think it's time to flip next 3 days if so, they will stretch like mofos under 12/12 lights.
Cheers

Yes, thinking about it I should easily get more than 1 ounce per plant. Last time I got over just over 10 ounces from 3 plants so I was hoping that with 9 plants this run I would get three times as much, maybe as much as 30 ounces, but it doesn't work like that does it? Along with genetics, isn't the power of the light one of the most significant factors in calculating potential yields? I'd need about 3.3 ounces per plant to achieve 30 ounces but that isn't going to happen, I think 2 ounces maximum per plant is the most realistic estimate. I'd be well happy with 18 ounces. Now I can see why you grow 6 plants under each one of these lights @benjones, because you'll easily yield as much as you would off 9 plants and you have less maintenance too.

B

benjones

hi @IsanFarmer , how are you doing , i hope you're well.

them plants look great mate . @Trash_2002 has given you some great advice on this and past threads 👍

i just finished my last grow . i got 740 grams from 4 bruce banner plants under one light ( 480w ) . i only did 4 plants because they were about 2 weeks ahead of the others . i did 6 under each of the other lights though . i haven't trimmed the other strains but i doubt i'll beat 740 . that's my best yield so far . and no fluffy bud either 🙂

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

hi @IsanFarmer , how are you doing , i hope you're well.

them plants look great mate . @Trash_2002 has given you some great advice on this and past threads 👍

i just finished my last grow . i got 740 grams from 4 bruce banner plants under one light ( 480w ) . i only did 4 plants because they were about 2 weeks ahead of the others . i did 6 under each of the other lights though . i haven't trimmed the other strains but i doubt i'll beat 740 . that's my best yield so far . and no fluffy bud either 🙂

Yes I'm fine thanks. Trash is a top man and I am in his debt for all the advice he has given me because his advice is always good. He has harvested some awesome looking weed lately and that is the sort of quality I am aiming for in the future. 740 grams off of 4 plants is impressive Ben and it'll be interesting to see how much I get off these 9 when I harvest because if it's less than what you pulled off of 4 then there's no point in growing 9 under one of these lights and I'll go with 4 to 6 for my next run. It's a no brainer to grow less plants if I'm going to end up with similar yields because it costs less in seeds, soil and nutrients too. I was panning to scale things up with the next grow but as you know I'm struggling to sell this shit where I am in Thailand and until I can start selling it there's no point in growing more for the time being.

B

benjones

Yes I'm fine thanks. Trash is a top man and I am in his debt for all the advice he has given me because his advice is always good. He has harvested some awesome looking weed lately and that is the sort of quality I am aiming for in the future. 740 grams off of 4 plants is impressive Ben and it'll be interesting to see how much I get off these 9 when I harvest because if it's less than what you pulled off of 4 then there's no point in growing 9 under one of these lights and I'll go with 4 to 6 for my next run. It's a no brainer to grow less plants if I'm going to end up with similar yields because it costs less in seeds, soil and nutrients too. I was panning to scale things up with the next grow but as you know I'm struggling to sell this shit where I am in Thailand and until I can start selling it there's no point in growing more for the time being.
I think the number of plants only means how long veg time is , less plants longer veg time , more plants less veg time . All I aim for is that once I flip them they won’t be too over crowded that all they can do is grow upwards , and on the opposite is to aim to fill the canopy with no gaps

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

I think the number of plants only means how long veg time is , less plants longer veg time , more plants less veg time . All I aim for is that once I flip them they won’t be too over crowded that all they can do is grow upwards , and on the opposite is to aim to fill the canopy with no gaps

Yeah thinking about it if I grow less plants and have a longer veg time then the money that you save on seeds etc is only going to be spent on more electricity. There's lots of variables to consider here and it's going to take several grows before I settle on what I think is the optimum number of plants to grow.

S

ShirleysGarden

Are you telling me DB recommends 75% in flower? I've never seen that. Well after 11 weeks in flower I lost power yesterday and it went to 85% with no air movement. Alls good now I'm back on track.

Before I posted Google it I googled a few searches flowering cannabis at 75%. is it safe to flower @ 75% RH. can you flower at in high humidity? Dangers of flowering with high humidity. And you don't have any google support with your method.

Hey I'm just arguing no dissing meant. Can you post me a link from anywhere that supports your claim? Cause I can.

there's a lot of different ways to grow and if it works for you, great, some toss in ground up banana peals, coffee grounds with egg shells & squirt of lime juice for flavour I guess. lol
Any thing is possible with the proper VPD

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

Photos from today, which is day 44 and their fifth day of flower. I fed them yesterday with Dutch Pro nutrients and CalMag at EC 1.2 and PH 6.2. They're absorbing water faster as they grow bigger and they need watering every 3 days now. Today I've given them a light defoliation and removed the leaves that were blocking bud sites. The canopies are starting to even out now but there's still a few inches of difference between some of them and because of that they're getting between 400 to 560 PPFD. I rearrange the positions of the plants every few days. The leaves have started to go a bit yellowy which I think is too much light so I'll keep an eye on things and may reduce the intensity of the light tomorrow. The canopies are a little uneven but so far I'm happy with the way things are going.

20231024 135420
20231024 135426
20231024 135433
20231024 135448
20231024 135500
20231024 135507
20231024 135516
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Photos from today, which is day 44 and their fifth day of flower. I fed them yesterday with Dutch Pro nutrients and CalMag at EC 1.2 and PH 6.2. They're absorbing water faster as they grow bigger and they need watering every 3 days now. Today I've given them a light defoliation and removed the leaves that were blocking bud sites. The canopies are starting to even out now but there's still a few inches of difference between some of them and because of that they're getting between 400 to 560 PPFD. I rearrange the positions of the plants every few days. The leaves have started to go a bit yellowy which I think is too much light so I'll keep an eye on things and may reduce the intensity of the light tomorrow. The canopies are a little uneven but so far I'm happy with the way things are going.
They are going strong!
one thing i would do is center that sensor in the tent and do a little 5-8cm hat/hood for it (to shade it from direct light), so you get much more accurate readings :-)

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

They are going strong!
one thing i would do is center that sensor in the tent and do a little 5-8cm hat/hood for it (to shade it from direct light), so you get much more accurate readings :-)

I never thought of that. What's the best thing to use?

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I never thought of that. What's the best thing to use?
i use those thick aluminum "turkey" cooking plates and cut a circle.

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

Some photos from day 47 which is the
i use those thick aluminum "turkey" cooking plates and cut a circle.

I used a small foil baking tray. What do you think? Are you sure this won't block out too much light? It's in between the two middle light bars so it shouldn't block out too much? These girls are really starting to stretch now!

20231027 154510
20231027 154528
20231027 154539
20231027 154546
20231027 154559
20231027 154607
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Some photos from day 47 which is the

I used a small foil baking tray. What do you think? Are you sure this won't block out too much light? It's in between the two middle light bars so it shouldn't block out too much? These girls are really starting to stretch now!
you only need the bottom of that "cup" so that the sensor still have free air around it, nah it will not block any major light maybe 1% hehehe, perfect position tho :-)

got any difference in readings since you installed the hood ?

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

got any difference in readings since you installed the hood ?

Yes, I'd say about 2 to 3 degrees in temperature and about 4% in RH which makes a lot of difference in this business. What do you think is causing the tips of these leaves to brown and curl? My diagnosis is too much potassium or phosphorus? The last two feeds were 1.2 EC which I thought was fine in the second week of flower but maybe I should reduce that a bit?

20231031 112959
20231031 113005
20231031 113024
20231031 113038
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Yes, I'd say about 2 to 3 degrees in temperature and about 4% in RH which makes a lot of difference in this business. What do you think is causing the tips of these leaves to brown and curl? My diagnosis is too much potassium or phosphorus? The last two feeds were 1.2 EC which I thought was fine in the second week of flower but maybe I should reduce that a bit?
If temperatures and light intensity are dialed, It's the start of overfert overall but nothing major so far, probly reduce 10-20% feedings strength for one week, maybe two.

Top Bottom