Grow deux - Critical Kush in rural Thailand

• Thread starter IsanFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
memnoch

memnoch

Gl critical Kush takes a little longer than most autofloers. I don't think it will be fully ready by then but you will still have some really good stuff even if it's a few weeks to soon. I think I got close to 4o a plant from them.

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

Gl critical Kush takes a little longer than most autofloers. I don't think it will be fully ready by then but you will still have some really good stuff even if it's a few weeks to soon. I think I got close to 4o a plant from them.

Do you mean that they take a little longer than normal in the seedling stage?

memnoch

memnoch

Do you mean that they take a little longer than normal in the seedling stage?
Flowering took a while longer and they get pretty big for auto plants to. I'm growing one now myself. The thing decided to flower early. Autos can be crazy. I think it took around 4.5 months to finish mine I hope yours don't take as long

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

Flowering took a while longer and they get pretty big for auto plants to. I'm growing one now myself. The thing decided to flower early. Autos can be crazy. I think it took around 4.5 months to finish mine I hope yours don't take as long

My seeds aren't autoflowers, they're photoperiods. Critical Kush is also a fast flowering strain with a guideline of 8 to 9 weeks?

memnoch

memnoch

My seeds aren't autoflowers, they're photoperiods. Critical Kush is also a fast flowering strain with a guideline of 8 to 9 weeks?
You can flower it whenever you want then you're golden. Wasn't my experience with my auto took them a while.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
Maybe so but 75% and up in flower is an open invitation for mould. Air flow doesn't penetrate big thick buds all warm and cozy inside. Google it.
ALL veg - 85 f / 75% rh (day) ; 80f/ 70% (night) ; 800 ppms co2

week 1 - 85f/ 75% rh (day) ; 80 f/ 70% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 2 - 85f/ 75% rh (day) ; 80 f/ 70% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 3 - 85f/ 75% rh (day) ; 80 f/ 70% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 4 - 82f/ 72% rh (day) ; 78f/ 68% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 5 - 80f/ 70%rh (day) ; 75f / 65% (night) ; 1000 ppms c02

week 6 - 80f /70%rh (day) ; 75f / 65% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 7 - 78f/68% rh (day) ; 72 f/ 62% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 8 - 75f/ 65%rh (day) ; 70f/ 60% (night) ; 0 ppms co2

week 9 - 70f /60% rh (day) ; 60f/ 50% (night) ; 0 ppm c02

I never trust google points,man. the guys I learned alot on board is @Dirtbag @cemchris

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
I don’t think it’s ur pH problem.
Problems that occur in seedling are rarely caused by pH in soil grow , the soil gonna buffer itself.
1.environment dailed in ?
2.light stress?
3.overwatering?
4.any pics

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

I don’t think it’s ur pH problem.
Problems that occur in seedling are rarely caused by pH in soil grow , the soil gonna buffer itself.
1.environment dailed in ?
2.light stress?
3.overwatering?
4.any pics

1) Environment is dialled in - 77 to 82 Celsius and 65 to 75% RH at all times.

2) It's a 480w light at 15" and 25% which is giving them 200 PPFD.

3) I think I was guilty of overwatering to begin with but then I didn't water them for 3 days and let the pots dry out before watering them again this morning.

4) See photos taken this morning.

20230916 082326
20230916 082310
20230916 082242
20230916 082254
j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
1) Environment is dialled in - 77 to 82 Celsius and 65 to 75% RH at all times.

2) It's a 480w light at 15" and 25% which is giving them 200 PPFD.

3) I think I was guilty of overwatering to begin with but then I didn't water them for 3 days and let the pots dry out before watering them again this morning.

4) See photos taken this morning.
Nursery cups need to be covered with some black ties,dude .
For me, plants look more likely light stressing , and raise your lights up a bit (so they gonna recover faster, light at 15 was way to close.
yeah, do ya have some airflow in ur tent ?
if you don't know how to do watering properly, I ’d say feed 1~ 3tbsp water in nursery cups once u realize the top layer is dried.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Yep put those cups inside another cups with drainage holes, cups that don't pass light.

I would rather veg them 4 weeks and flip to get a proper 8-9weeks flowering than veg more and harvest early.

They look ok mate don't overthink it they will bounce back

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

Nursery cups need to be covered with some black ties,dude .

The missus and I just wrapped them with some silver tape because that was all I had to hand. It should do the job but I'm worried it could adversely affect the temperature inside the cup. Maybe that's just overthinking things.

For me, plants look more likely light stressing , and raise your lights up a bit (so they gonna recover faster, light at 15 was way to close.

Yeah last grow I had it higher but I'd convinced myself they weren't getting enough light so I lowered it. I'm going to raise the light tomorrow morning because I'm in bed now and shattered, for the meantime I've reduced the power to 20%

yeah, do ya have some airflow in ur tent ?

I didn't have, and neither did I have at this stage with my last grow, but maybe that'll help so I've turned the inline fan on at speed 2 and added a clip-on fan at half the height of the tent.

if you don't know how to do watering properly, I ’d say feed 1~ 3tbsp water in nursery cups once u realize the top layer is dried.

I say that I've probably overwatered them but that's actually bollocks, I only spray the top of the soil and make it moist when I water them and I now know that that isn't enough water, so tonight I've given them all about 100 ml of water each. I tested the run off and it was 5.5 PH. The water going in was adjusted to 6.2 and the soil was 6.3 PH when I did a slurry test prior to planting the seeds. Does all this sound about right? This photo was taken about half hour ago, just after we covered the cups in silver tape, and only just before the light cycle ended. I hope these little bastards start to grow tomorrow because I'm having more anxiety with this grow than the fucking first one!

20230916 235145
j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
The missus and I just wrapped them with some silver tape because that was all I had to hand. It should do the job but I'm worried it could adversely affect the temperature inside the cup. Maybe that's just overthinking things.
Noway, bro. something is better than nothing.
If ya still worried abt the temp inside the cup ,u'd better put the thermometer on the ground and maintaining that the range of 24-27 ℃

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
Yeah last grow I had it higher but I'd convinced myself they weren't getting enough light so I lowered it. I'm going to raise the light tomorrow morning because I'm in bed now and shattered, for the meantime I've reduced the power to 20%
200ppfd is a safe zone for seedlings, but not absolute. genetics and environment are play crucial rules in game as well as the PPFD instruments.
I like monitoring the leaf temperature all times to the last week of harvest and keeping them in a reasonable range.
I highly recommend you to buy a device called "pulse pro", which gonna make your cultivation
much easier

Screenshot 20230917 124836
Veg f 1
j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
I say that I've probably overwatered them but that's actually bollocks, I only spray the top of the soil and make it moist when I water them and I now know that that isn't enough water, so tonight I've given them all about 100 ml of water each. I tested the run off and it was 5.5 PH. The water going in was adjusted to 6.2 and the soil was 6.3 PH when I did a slurry test prior to planting the seeds. Does all this sound about right? This photo was taken about half hour ago, just after we covered the cups in silver tape, and only just before the light cycle ended. I hope these little bastards start to grow tomorrow because I'm having more anxiety with this grow than the fucking first one!
the plants look more likely light stress , raise the led up to the 1~1.5 meters with some airflow and I'm sure they'll recover quickly!

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

the plants look more likely light stress , raise the led up to the 1~1.5 meters with some airflow and I'm sure they'll recover quickly!

Yeah I raised the light this morning but not that high. I've raised it to 25" which is about half the distance you say. I'll check on them again this afternoon and if they've responded well to that I'll raise the light a bit more. I checked on them several times this morning and they haven't grown a millimetre but obviously I need to be patient here. This is so frustrating and my holday in Pattaya over Christmas is rapidly going down the fucking pan. I'll never dry these in time. The first few years of growing are going to require dedication and perseverance.

3cats

3cats

ALL veg - 85 f / 75% rh (day) ; 80f/ 70% (night) ; 800 ppms co2

week 1 - 85f/ 75% rh (day) ; 80 f/ 70% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 2 - 85f/ 75% rh (day) ; 80 f/ 70% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 3 - 85f/ 75% rh (day) ; 80 f/ 70% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 4 - 82f/ 72% rh (day) ; 78f/ 68% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 5 - 80f/ 70%rh (day) ; 75f / 65% (night) ; 1000 ppms c02

week 6 - 80f /70%rh (day) ; 75f / 65% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 7 - 78f/68% rh (day) ; 72 f/ 62% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 8 - 75f/ 65%rh (day) ; 70f/ 60% (night) ; 0 ppms co2

week 9 - 70f /60% rh (day) ; 60f/ 50% (night) ; 0 ppm c02

I never trust google points,man. the guys I learned alot on board is @Dirtbag @cemchris
Are you telling me DB recommends 75% in flower? I've never seen that. Well after 11 weeks in flower I lost power yesterday and it went to 85% with no air movement. Alls good now I'm back on track.

Before I posted Google it I googled a few searches flowering cannabis at 75%. is it safe to flower @ 75% RH. can you flower at in high humidity? Dangers of flowering with high humidity. And you don't have any google support with your method.

Hey I'm just arguing no dissing meant. Can you post me a link from anywhere that supports your claim? Cause I can.

there's a lot of different ways to grow and if it works for you, great, some toss in ground up banana peals, coffee grounds with egg shells & squirt of lime juice for flavour I guess. lol

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

There has been some improvement in the situation because the leaves on some of the plants are getting bigger, however, none of the plants are getting any taller. I've raised the light to 34" and they're getting around 220 PPFD but nothing I do seems to have much of an affect right now.

20230918 084244
20230918 084236
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

There has been some improvement in the situation because the leaves on some of the plants are getting bigger, however, none of the plants are getting any taller. I've raised the light to 34" and they're getting around 220 PPFD but nothing I do seems to have much of an affect right now.
they are growing they will recover, with lights at 220ppfd its pretty good for seedling stage.

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

Day 9 and my seedlings have barely grown. Some of them look so unhealthy they look like they're going to die. A few of them have bigger leaves but even those ones haven't got any taller. I really don't understand why they're growing so slowly - I'm using the same medium as my last grow, the light is set up the same way as it was last time, I'm using water in the correct PH range and the temperature and RH are optimal as far as I'm concerned, yet growth is stunted and very slow. Maybe the silver tape I put around the cups is reflecting the heat and the inside of the cups is too cold? I'm going to change that today and see if it helps. I've had a delivery of DutchPro nutrients so maybe I'll start using them now? My last grow I gave them nothing but molasses until a few weeks into veg because I have a nutrient rich organic soil but maybe some nutrients would kick-start their growth?

20230919 125111
20230919 125117
20230919 125124
20230919 125130
20230919 125141
20230919 125150
20230919 125230
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Day 9 and my seedlings have barely grown. Some of them look so unhealthy they look like they're going to die. A few of them have bigger leaves but even those ones haven't got any taller. I really don't understand why they're growing so slowly - I'm using the same medium as my last grow, the light is set up the same way as it was last time, I'm using water in the correct PH range and the temperature and RH are optimal as far as I'm concerned, yet growth is stunted and very slow. Maybe the silver tape I put around the cups is reflecting the heat and the inside of the cups is too cold? I'm going to change that today and see if it helps. I've had a delivery of DutchPro nutrients so maybe I'll start using them now? My last grow I gave them nothing but molasses until a few weeks into veg because I have a nutrient rich organic soil but maybe some nutrients would kick-start their growth?
soil looks pretty wet, are you waiting for it to dry out a bit before watering again? this soil has amendments in it right? this first days you shouldn't need any nutrients feed tho, i've seen much worse seedlings recover so, you will have to be a little patient.

Top Bottom