Grow number two, making space

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Honestly, to what @Grownsince95 is saying, my first thought as I contemplated was how I could get an AC Infinity system like he linked into the budget. I own one too. I went from constantly finding ingenious ways to control temp to just barely thinking about it. Money very well spent.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
What I’d like to do is have a solid idea what I want/need and then go talk to the guys at the local hydro store when Black Friday rolls around. I’d rather support their business than amazon lol.
Totally fair. It's good to have a sense for costs before going in because it's really hard to guess at.

amekins

amekins

Definitely something to consider for sure. I just can't stress enough how important good environmental control is and those cloudline fans take so much guess work out of it. I'm not a sponsor or anything just a huge fan hahah pun intended ❤🌱
And knowing this, I will know if there is something worth holding out for/not sacrificing on if trying to work out a deal locally. :-) the height I know I want. The fan as well. I honestly hope our current electrical work can support. I’m not getting an electrician.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
And knowing this, I will know if there is something worth holding out for/not sacrificing on if trying to work out a deal locally. :-) the height I know I want. The fan as well. I honestly hope our current electrical work can support. I’m not getting an electrician.
The max power draw on that fan is 28 watts or 1.2 amps...its nothing. That lamp will pull like 100 watts just like a old light bulb. You will definitely not need an electrician imo

amekins

amekins

That bag seed plant is going to town. New growth coming in after I topped it. I may top one more time and then try the 24 hours of darkness to get sex to show. If it’s a female, happy holidays to my postal worker. Otherwise, one of the other two will be gifted to him. Caught my kiddo eyeballing the plants inside today. He noticed my Groot overlooking them. Then he asked what they were and I told him. He turned up his nose and said they don’t look the same. I told bin they are different varieties. He would be an amazing data person on the Farmer’s Cut if he liked weed.
1FC57717 74A4 4A93 B94F 9AC581435C71
340FC9B8 C9C7 4EF7 9B60 090897AF5859

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
You should let the kitty's hang out in there with them! 😻 helps keep the rh and co2 levels up! Be careful in that 30-40% zone in Veg ❤

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That bag seed plant is going to town. New growth coming in after I topped it. I may top one more time and then try the 24 hours of darkness to get sex to show. If it’s a female, happy holidays to my postal worker. Otherwise, one of the other two will be gifted to him. Caught my kiddo eyeballing the plants inside today. He noticed my Groot overlooking them. Then he asked what they were and I told him. He turned up his nose and said they don’t look the same. I told bin they are different varieties. He would be an amazing data person on the Farmer’s Cut if he liked weed.

Bagseed is almost invariably "feminized," because it's usually from a female in the grow that popped a male flower or nanner. Just tell whoever you're giving it to that it should be watched, late in flower, for potential male flowers.

Badchoice

Badchoice

Second grow, first indoor. And I have almost no expectations for this grow except to learn. But I’m certainly aiming for something to harvest.

Both are in week 2 of being a seedling so after this week they will be officially vegetative. So I guess you could say these are at week zero and will be at week 1 next week.

In any event, more bag seed germinated on 10/12/20, and short rider fem AF on 10/14/20, in ffof/perlite, under two 150 watt equivalent LED 2200 lumens 5000 K bulbs, and a 65 watt equivalent LED full spectrum large plant light for 18 on/6 off. Being watered with un-pH’d tap water (typically 155-175 ppm). Average temp 75 F, 50% RH. I’m keeping an actual journal this time. 🙄 View attachment 1046200View attachment 1046201View attachment 1046202View attachment 1046203View attachment 1046204View attachment 1046205 🙄
I got the same LED usb light With the 3 prong head, I use for early seeding

amekins

amekins

The max power draw on that fan is 28 watts or 1.2 amps...its nothing. That lamp will pull like 100 watts just like a old light bulb. You will definitely not need an electrician imo
Oh you have no idea, but this gives me hope. Our entire condo is 865 sq ft and the kitchen appliances are all on the same circuit as the one and only air conditioner. I learned our first year here never to run the coffee pot with the A/C on 😂

amekins

amekins

Bagseed is almost invariably "feminized," because it's usually from a female in the grow that popped a male flower or nanner. Just tell whoever you're giving it to that it should be watched, late in flower, for potential male flowers.
Will do. The plants I grew this summer were the same seed. I had 4 plants at flower, only one was female. :-(

amekins

amekins

You should let the kitty's hang out in there with them! 😻 helps keep the rh and co2 levels up! Be careful in that 30-40% zone in Veg ❤
The cats could get to them if they wanted. I have a humidifier but it doesn’t do squat in an open area so I mist with water regularly and it bumps it up for a bit. When there is a tent, it will be contained at least and not just dissipate.

Badchoice

Badchoice

The cats could get to them if they wanted. I have a humidifier but it doesn’t do squat in an open area so I mist with water regularly and it bumps it up for a bit. When there is a tent, it will be contained at least and not just dissipate.
Not the best solution but I ended using a black out curtain to cover the entrance to my grow area, works okay keeping humidity and temps in and light out during the dark cycle. Can’t say much for animals but sadly if it’s warm a cat will find a way in their to lay.

amekins

amekins

Not the best solution but I ended using a black out curtain to cover the entrance to my grow area, works okay keeping humidity and temps in and light out during the dark cycle. Can’t say much for animals but sadly if it’s warm a cat will find a way in their to lay.
Thankfully? We have warmer spots they prefer.

amekins

amekins

That will do it!
It looks so ridiculous in here right now I think even my son will agree a tent is an improvement. Theoretically? I could just work on vegging these plants and cloning, no additional light or fan needed for now. Just random thoughts. Don’t laugh at me, just with me.
B7BF1F3A F496 4715 8647 DCC563A54C3B
33C9147E FE72 46AB AD40 09BFC1D1CDF2

Top Bottom