Grow number two, making space

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

Everyone got a little drink today. I think they all appreciate the extra humidity provided by my eyesore. The largest plant is recovering slowly from tipping. I may top one more time, then try 24 hrs of darkness to encourage gender reveal. This may just end up being the plant I continue to veg and practice cloning with. View attachment 1049743
Nice Basil strain. 😊

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yeah usually.

With outdoor your plant can get pollenated by bugs or wind from males miles away. I found 3 seeds in my outdoor crop this year and no herms. For indoor it can also come in on the growers clothes if they also have a breeding room.

I will not keep a bag seed unless I find it in some really incredible flower. Not know the father is concerning even if its not a herm.
No doubt. In one of my first breeding attempts, being a sloppy idiot produced a lot of unwanted seed in plants not intended for breeding.

SOMETHING in my last grow released a little pollen. I'm getting up to a seed/bud in the cluster of plants that must include the culprit. None of these will be grown. I suspect a GSC cross did it.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If I can keep it alive till next spring. Lol.
I think it will flower and go to seed way before then. I would use it as you need it — like on those pizzas.

With basil, you need to get a pack of seeds and sprout a few at a time, every couple of weeks, to have some on hand for cooking.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I think it will flower and go to seed way before then. I would use it as you need it — like on those pizzas.

With basil, you need to get a pack of seeds and sprout a few at a time, every couple of weeks, to have some on hand for cooking.
This is my basil strategy lol. They love the aero garden something fierce.

IMG 20201030 113635538 HDR

IMG 20201030 113625474

I have no idea what I am doing in dwc so the genovese basil is just a test subject really but she has given us many good leaves for tasty dishes.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter

If you are diligent about topping them you can prolong that a very long time! My "hydro" basil has been in this windowsill since July! Lol I just change the water every day and she does her thing. Not pretty, but my "other" gardening takes priority haha
20201030 123702

amekins

amekins

So this is a plant I’ve had since May. And it’s stunted horriblybut still alive. I guess I’ll need to get me some seeds for the spring.

amekins

amekins

Done. Here’s hoping I can easily figure out how and manage to set it all up alone. I know it isn’t complicated but my confidence in my abilities is sort of low these days. I couldn’t wait for Black Friday sales. I have lost my mind
512200FC 5E67 4051 8738 8DCF4F06BA80
76C2E45D 2732 4910 A35F 71E1938AA85D
F5340040 5385 48F0 96AA F50496908B82

amekins

amekins

You're gonna be killin it indoors!!!! ❤🌱
I just want to be able to grow my own shit, you know? I’m already out of flower and today the bubba kush gets harvested and bud washed and hung to dry. I have plans for starting my flowers and veggies for my balcony from seed this year. I’m actually feeling a little panicky without any real garden to tend to. It’s small here, but it gave me purpose and demonstrable proof of success while being very alone and isolated (except for my kiddo). November and holidays are approaching and are a really shitty time of year for me, more so this year because it’s just me and my kiddo. My family is very small (really just me and my son, my parents have been gone for many years). And this year, my brother, siste-in-law, and aunt all decided we weren’t worth having in their lives anymore. Political shit. Today I’m feeling it and I guess reacting. A little insight into how sustaining my summer garden was for me, beyond the love of cannabis. Impulse buying explained. Lol.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I can relate ❤ I'm in a similar situation post divorce...family are few and scattered around the country. Mental illness, addiction, political bs....yeah and holidays coming make it that much harder. My PM box always open if you want to vent 🤗

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I just want to be able to grow my own shit, you know? I’m already out of flower and today the bubba kush gets harvested and bud washed and hung to dry. I have plans for starting my flowers and veggies for my balcony from seed this year. I’m actually feeling a little panicky without any real garden to tend to. It’s small here, but it gave me purpose and demonstrable proof of success while being very alone and isolated (except for my kiddo). November and holidays are approaching and are a really shitty time of year for me, more so this year because it’s just me and my kiddo. My family is very small (really just me and my son, my parents have been gone for many years). And this year, my brother, siste-in-law, and aunt all decided we weren’t worth having in their lives anymore. Political shit. Today I’m feeling it and I guess reacting. A little insight into how sustaining my summer garden was for me, beyond the love of cannabis. Impulse buying explained. Lol.
Oooof. Lots of ❤️💪🍁!

Fwiw, I have helped a lot of people with grow light questions even beyond cannabis lately. It's like, a bit overwhelming how many people are pinging my wife who ropes me in lol. You are NOT alone in the motivation to continue cultivating with the seasons changing as they inevitably do, especially this year.

Craycrayracing

Craycrayracing

Second grow, first indoor. And I have almost no expectations for this grow except to learn. But I’m certainly aiming for something to harvest.

Both are in week 2 of being a seedling so after this week they will be officially vegetative. So I guess you could say these are at week zero and will be at week 1 next week.

In any event, more bag seed germinated on 10/12/20, and short rider fem AF on 10/14/20, in ffof/perlite, under two 150 watt equivalent LED 2200 lumens 5000 K bulbs, and a 65 watt equivalent LED full spectrum large plant light for 18 on/6 off. Being watered with un-pH’d tap water (typically 155-175 ppm). Average temp 75 F, 50% RH. I’m keeping an actual journal this time. 🙄 View attachment 1046200View attachment 1046201View attachment 1046202View attachment 1046203View attachment 1046204View attachment 1046205 🙄
If you want to have something to look forward to there is a picture that I'm sharing with you below that was taken last night and it is my first grow :-) one thing that surprises me that no one commented on about your post is tap water! At that pH level you are not going to sustain growth. Get you a $15 soil meter and make sure that the soil is always producing between 6-7 ph.
And absolutely make sure that your fingers are dry at least an inch and a half into the soil before you think about watering again. At that stage it should be about every 4 days honestly whereas in flower I'm doing 5-gallon pots and I water them a half of a gallon twice a day :-) so make sure you escalate with the grow

20201024 110228
20201029 100549
Top Bottom