Grow number two, making space

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
It looks so ridiculous in here right now I think even my son will agree a tent is an improvement. Theoretically? I could just work on vegging these plants and cloning, no additional light or fan needed for now. Just random thoughts. Don’t laugh at me, just with me. View attachment 1049475View attachment 1049476
Yeahhhh I got very creative trying to manage humidity and temp lol. It's very hard without purpose-made tools. Personally, I no BS admire the setup you have going there. Is it or is it not keeping the humidity up? :-)

But yes, your son will likely agree that the tent looks nicer.

Edit: seriously, how ridiculous is this thing lmao all I was really doing is blowing really cool air on the roots of one of my plants, stunting it. Doh!
IMG 20200613 193753

(What worked, btw, was passive air intake and a proper exhaust fan).

Last edited:
amekins

amekins

Yeahhhh I got very creative trying to manage humidity and temp lol. It's very hard without purpose-made tools. Personally, I no BS admire the setup you have going there. Is it or is it not keeping the humidity up? :-)

It sure as fuck is keeping it up. Much better. Temps are still lovely.

amekins

amekins

Redneck engineering at its finest... you sure your not from the backwoods? Lmao. Im laughing with you because this is something i would totally do.
My parents come from solid Oklahoma and Texas redneck stock and moved to NYC before I was born for my dad to attend Union Seminary. So have no fear, patching shit together is a past time. I stopped before I started using the heavy contractor black bags laid all out on the floor to tape together neatly and then basically form a pattern. And then I stopped myself this morning from going out to the dollar store to look for shit I can use in a variety of ways (@Milson and his jiffy pellets had me adding cupcake tins to the plastic food trays and shower curtain and duct tape I had planned). I decided for $60, it would look and function batter and provide me with something to hang lights from and adjust height. Right now that is a huge ordeal. But I also have this arriving in the next couple of weeks and it will help a great deal to manage what I currently have.
https://smile.amazon.com/Foto4easy-Socket-Multi-holder-Studio-Tricolor/dp/B015R41RXM

amekins

amekins

Edit: seriously, how ridiculous is this thing lmao all I was really doing is blowing really cool air on the roots of one of my plants, stunting it. Doh!
View attachment 1049480

(What worked, btw, was passive air intake and a proper exhaust fan).
I may find in a few weeks I am still reaching for more. But it would be great to gain a little success with cloning. Holidays and Black Friday are coming, and that may mean sales. I know what I want now thanks to you guys.

amekins

amekins

A little quiet tour. There is the humidifier which actually serves its purpose demonstrably when there are containment boundaries. See, getting a tent will also force me to clean out and reorganize that corner. Another win. And then there is the candy stash I need to eat my way through so I can make more.

03E3D01C 8DEC 4407 B29D DD5FBA750125

Anthem

Anthem

Bagseed is almost invariably "feminized," because it's usually from a female in the grow that popped a male flower or nanner. Just tell whoever you're giving it to that it should be watched, late in flower, for potential male flowers.
If you are getting seeds in the bud you are buying odds are the plant they came from had genetic expressions leaning towards hermaphrodite qualities. Simple put the odds of the plant grown from that seed being a hermaphrodite are substantial greater than a strain that does not have that expression. The worst part of all of this comes the last few weeks of flower when the hermaphrodite qualities appear. When I consider a seed costs about 6 dollars, verses the cost of running an indoor grow environment for the time it takes to complete a grow, I find it is more economical to run quality seeds rather than take a chance.

amekins

amekins

If you are getting seeds in the bud you are buying odds are the plant they came from had genetic expressions leaning towards hermaphrodite qualities. Simple put the odds of the plant grown from that seed being a hermaphrodite are substantial greater than a strain that does not have that expression. The worst part of all of this comes the last few weeks of flower when the hermaphrodite qualities appear. When I consider a seed costs about 6 dollars, verses the cost of running an indoor grow environment for the time it takes to complete a grow, I find it is more economical to run quality seeds rather than take a chance.
These didn’t actually herm apparently but my friends mom didn’t care if males and females were next to each other. She just wanted to grow the plant lol. So the male pollenated the female naturally. Well, at least for the plant I already harvested. The bubba kush was from the dispensary and she’s likely to be harvested in the next few days.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
A little quiet tour. There is the humidifier which actually serves its purpose demonstrably when there are containment boundaries. See, getting a tent will also force me to clean out and reorganize that corner. Another win. And then there is the candy stash I need to eat my way through so I can make more.
View attachment 1049488
View attachment 1049489
The great part is the plants don't care how DIY the setup is as long as it works! The delicate little babies will be so appreciative of the extra moisture ❤🌱
Then when the tent arrives you get the peace of mind having everything neater...win/win 👍

amekins

amekins

The great part is the plants don't care how DIY the setup is as long as it works! The delicate little babies will be so appreciative of the extra moisture ❤🌱
Then when the tent arrives you get the peace of mind having everything neater...win/win 👍
We have carpet everywhere and I’ve been terrified of spills that become impossible to thoroughly clean.

Mark91si

Mark91si

You should let the kitty's hang out in there with them! 😻 helps keep the rh and co2 levels up! Be careful in that 30-40% zone in Veg ❤

DO NOT turn your back on your cat if its around your plants!!!! I was in my tent one day (4×8). Walked out to get water, well the cat was in the tent and when I returned 3 out of 4 seedlings had no leaves😭😭😭😭

amekins

amekins

DO NOT turn your back on your cat if its around your plants!!!! I was in my tent one day (4×8). Walked out to get water, well the cat was in the tent and when I returned 3 out of 4 seedlings had no leaves😭😭😭😭
These two have been much happier feasting on habanero leaves and big bubba kush fan leaves. They can’t even see the little plants now.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Cats are great, but they are cats....

My birds are the same way. Munch munch.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Bagseed is almost invariably "feminized," because it's usually from a female in the grow that popped a male flower or nanner. Just tell whoever you're giving it to that it should be watched, late in flower, for potential male flowers.

Yeah usually.

With outdoor your plant can get pollenated by bugs or wind from males miles away. I found 3 seeds in my outdoor crop this year and no herms. For indoor it can also come in on the growers clothes if they also have a breeding room.

I will not keep a bag seed unless I find it in some really incredible flower. Not know the father is concerning even if its not a herm.

amekins

amekins

My Brod and Taylor proofer may make for a perfect cloning/seedling station temporarily.
7187FCD5 C3EC 44EF 9185 2579B4C3751F
0AA9C045 F626 4006 BD8D 5970E83A7065
7A37EA72 6686 4C79 9B77 CAB1F9CC3A43

@dire wolf there was pizza today. And I fucked up and forgot the salt. Somehow it was still edible.

amekins

amekins

Everyone got a little drink today. I think they all appreciate the extra humidity provided by my eyesore. The largest plant is recovering slowly from tipping. I may top one more time, then try 24 hrs of darkness to encourage gender reveal. This may just end up being the plant I continue to veg and practice cloning with.
88A85CC6 E834 426E AB7B 51837F0DD60F

Top Bottom