Grow number two, making space

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
amekins

amekins

When are you going to flip?
Well, I’m in no hurry since the autoflower is already doing her thing, the other small plant is going to veg a but and have some clones taken from it eventually, and the other big plant has already been cloned and so I’m tempted to try putting it into darkness for 18-24 hours and see if that will force gender without herming. If it’s female and herms, I still have the clone. But I suspect it’s male. In other words, it’s going to be a while.

beluga

beluga

Well, I’m in no hurry since the autoflower is already doing her thing, the other small plant is going to veg a but and have some clones taken from it eventually, and the other big plant has already been cloned and so I’m tempted to try putting it into darkness for 18-24 hours and see if that will force gender without herming. If it’s female and herms, I still have the clone. But I suspect it’s male. In other words, it’s going to be a while.
In my experience, with the varieties I've run, the males always show earlier... often much.. to the point that I can determine the females before preflowers even happen.
Not a rule, of course. And I'm sure it differs with the variety.

Have you poked around at their nodes much yet?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Would the older or the newer parts of the plant show sex first? Like the preflowers lower down be more developed?

amekins

amekins

If a boy.. It's a nice one.
I'm seeing a little resin already.
What's the nose like?
That plant is the same strain I grew outside all summer and I never really noticed it much. So I’m not sure if it’s just because it’s inside or if it’s the other plants, but even with the carbon filter it smells a bit like weed when you walk in.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I watch the way the nodes are spaced and there orientation side by side nodes normally are female and and obtuse nodes normally male in my humbled experience........

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
That plant is the same strain I grew outside all summer and I never really noticed it much. So I’m not sure if it’s just because it’s inside or if it’s the other plants, but even with the carbon filter it smells a bit like weed when you walk in.

Smelling like weed is good.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

The Chem crosses I'm growing out now are starting to show preflowers on the sixth and seventh sets of branches.

yeah I’d say between fifth and seventh nodes I notice them.
I agree with whoever said it earlier in the thread usually dudes show early for me and girls can be shy.
dudes love showing off their balls.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

May i see a a good close up pic of the plants you're determining sex of?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Same as @Moshmen I find usually the first indications on the main stalk about 2 nodes down from the tip. Not always though. And I generally don't bother looking until the nodes start to alternate. But have seen them before they start to also.

Top Bottom