Grow number two, making space

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

Valerian root, melatonin, ambien, either not effective or limited effectiveness. I have not tried passionflower though I can give it a try. My edibles honestly do the best job so far.
Yeah, mine was all anxiety, so any amount of cannabis would just stoke the fire... especially since I didn't have much choice in variety. Also seems like the anxiety-relief strains and the sedative strains are not usually one in the same...
Definitely give passionflower a try. If you take enough, it's got the heavy eyelid sedative effect where your body is just like, 'find the nearest soft thing and lay on it. Hardwood floor? Great!'

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Yeah, mine was all anxiety, so any amount of cannabis would just stoke the fire... especially since I didn't have much choice in variety. Also seems like the anxiety-relief strains and the sedative strains are not usually one in the same...
Definitely give passionflower a try. If you take enough, it's got the heavy eyelid sedative effect where your body is just like, 'find the nearest soft thing and lay on it. Hardwood floor? Great!'

*Anxiety - Any old school headband. Let it go to amber and its like smoking hash. Lots of good body feels, more cerebral than stoney.

Pain - Hands down its Squirt and Amy's already got it.

*The above is based upon personal experience and should not be taken as gospel truth. Cataract Jack is DEFINITELY a non compensated non attorney person with a big mouth. (emoji dance) 🙃 🎅 🔥 🍁 💯 🏅🤓 🐨 ⛳

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Chronic nerve, muscle and bone pain have a tendency to make any position uncomfortable after a short time making my sleep restless and fitful and sometimes I just do something other than try to sleep in order to distract from pain. (That’s the serious answer.)
Are you familiar with any mindfulness practices around pain? Open focus in particular has been effective for my father, father in law (rip), and me. Not a cure but a tool in the toolbox at least.

Screenshot 20201202 092438

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
You forgot the Rainbow Mix.🤠

I've never used Rainbow Mix. But if she has healthy soil, then do you feel that's overkill or still needed and why please?

Edit --> Seriously am curious. Because I just started mixing in bloom master with bloom and the results are errr pretty freaking good. If there is a step beyond this to take, I'm all about learning about it. I have a purple mountain majesty stunted plant (2 footer on purpose) that has put out so much flower constantly on that mix that the thing is white with pistels and JUST started slowing it down. I can actually see some purple bud showing through... with orange pistels... finally. Thought the damned plant was uh stuck or something :))))) I've grown a lot of this strain cause it's pretty, responds well to any type of training (bonsai, lst, hst, etc), hates defoliation, and I looooove the smoke. Buuuuuut if I can elevate that output? I'm all about it. Tell me about this supplement por favor...

Edit Dos --> Wait. That looks like an All in One all purpose complete in a box nute package, not a supplement. If the goal is extra microbes and stuff IF that is going to be beneficial in fresh Pro Mix, wouldn't a supplement with just those 29 things be better for use with the Seablast line up?

Last edited:
amekins

amekins

*Anxiety - Any old school headband. Let it go to amber and its like smoking hash. Lots of good body feels, more cerebral than stoney.

Pain - Hands down its Squirt and Amy's already got it.

*The above is based upon personal experience and should not be taken as gospel truth. Cataract Jack is DEFINITELY a non compensated non attorney person with a big mouth. (emoji dance) 🙃 🎅 🔥 🍁 💯 🏅🤓 🐨 ⛳
Squirt is going to be next grow.

amekins

amekins

Are you familiar with any mindfulness practices around pain? Open focus in particular has been effective for my father, father in law (rip), and me. Not a cure but a tool in the toolbox at least.

View attachment 1062911
I am familiar but am also always looking for new takes/approaches. Because right now, this level of pain is not something i will accept living with 5 years from now. So I need to add to my tools to manage it.

amekins

amekins

Hey @Aqua Man I picked up some distilled water today. I can try and do a soil/slurry test when lights come on this evening. If you have a particular method with a link, I’ll be your best friend! 🤪

beluga

beluga

I am familiar but am also always looking for new takes/approaches. Because right now, this level of pain is not something i will accept living with 5 years from now. So I need to add to my tools to manage it.
What's the root cause?
Wife's a functional nutritionist with an herbalism degree (and blacksmithing 🤣)... I can pique her brain about something you maybe have not tried. I'll keep the anvils out of the equation.

amekins

amekins

What's the root cause?
Wife's a functional nutritionist with an herbalism degree (and blacksmithing 🤣)... I can pique her brain about something you maybe have not tried. I'll keep the anvils out of the equation.
OA, DDD, mixed connective tissue disease, fibromyalgia. Those are the main ones. The fibromyalgia basically amplifies it all. I’m about to share way TMI, but to give you an idea of the degree to which my nervous system is jacked, instead of a warm relaxing flush throughout my body, orgasms are experienced as a hot flush of extreme pins and needles.

amekins

amekins

What's the root cause?
Add to those things the multiple injuries and such that have occurred (fractures, tendon and ligament tears, etc).

beluga

beluga

OA, DDD, mixed connective tissue disease, fibromyalgia. Those are the main ones. The fibromyalgia basically amplifies it all. I’m about to share way TMI, but to give you an idea of the degree to which my nervous system is jacked, instead of a warm relaxing flush throughout my body, orgasms are experienced as a hot flush of extreme pins and needles.
Been numb to TMI for quite some time.
Taking part-time care of a couple relatives with alzheimer's/dementia... woog.
I'll see what she has to say. It's of course, a laundry list, I'd assume... but maybe something to steer you to some different tools or literature for a different approach. Inflammation and autoimmune are some of the most common things she works with beyond GI issues... which are usually connected.

amekins

amekins

Been numb to TMI for quite some time.
Taking part-time care of a couple relatives with alzheimer's/dementia... woog.
I'll see what she has to say. It's of course, a laundry list, I'd assume... but maybe something to steer you to some different tools or literature for a different approach. Inflammation and autoimmune are some of the most common things she works with beyond GI issues... which are usually connected.
Yeah I didn’t even get into that stuff. I’ve already had rectal surgery (not for hemorrhoids), I am s/p gastric bypass, have metal fusing part of my cervical spine and now in my foot. I was in a serious car accident when I was 24, and I was raised in an abusive alcoholic household. Serious head injury when I was 13, third degree burns on 1/4 of my upper body/head at the age of 2.5. So plenty of mental trauma to add to the mix.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey @Aqua Man I picked up some distilled water today. I can try and do a soil/slurry test when lights come on this evening. If you have a particular method with a link, I’ll be your best friend! 🤪
2 parts distilled to 1 part soil.... mix well then let sit for 10-20mim. Then test Ph.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
I've never used Rainbow Mix. But if she has healthy soil, then do you feel that's overkill or still needed and why please?

Edit --> Seriously am curious. Because I just started mixing in bloom master with bloom and the results are errr pretty freaking good. If there is a step beyond this to take, I'm all about learning about it. I have a purple mountain majesty stunted plant (2 footer on purpose) that has put out so much flower constantly on that mix that the thing is white with pistels and JUST started slowing it down. I can actually see some purple bud showing through... with orange pistels... finally. Thought the damned plant was uh stuck or something :))))) I've grown a lot of this strain cause it's pretty, responds well to any type of training (bonsai, lst, hst, etc), hates defoliation, and I looooove the smoke. Buuuuuut if I can elevate that output? I'm all about it. Tell me about this supplement por favor...

Edit Dos --> Wait. That looks like an All in One all purpose complete in a box nute package, not a supplement. If the goal is extra microbes and stuff IF that is going to be beneficial in fresh Pro Mix, wouldn't a supplement with just those 29 things be better for use with the Seablast line up?

Yes... I'm using the Rainbow Mix along with Sea Blast... But just use grow and bloom.
I think of it this way... The Sea Blast is for now, and the Rainbow is for later.
I've only pulled one small, 5 plant/600w, harvest using it... Am happy with results so far though.

Rainbow mix?

Pickles and animal crackers, Silly. 🤪

IMG 20201130 1837197552
IMG 20201027 134625242

You should listen MIMed.
You have good soil... Just up-potting shoulda/coulda gotten you to flower.

amekins

amekins

Yes... I'm using the Rainbow Mix along with Sea Blast... But just use grow and bloom.
I think of it this way... The Sea Blast is for now, and the Rainbow is for later.
I've only pulled one small, 5 plant/600w, harvest using it... Am happy with results so far though.

Pickles and animal crackers, Silly. 🤪

View attachment 1062944View attachment 1062945

You should listen MIMed.
You have good soil... Just up-potting shoulda/coulda gotten you to flower.
Pickles!

beluga

beluga

Add to those things the multiple injuries and such that have occurred (fractures, tendon and ligament tears, etc).
So, basically her approach is as I kind of thought... which is to approach the inflammatory and GI aspect of it and
- Reduce inflammatory food intake - refined sugars/carbs, gluten, processed meats, saturated fats, etc...
- Support gut microbiome - a lot of times with inflammatory diseases, she'll see SIBO and other bacterial overgrowth that keep your body from uptaking supportive nutrients... which can be balanced with elimination dieting and then adding probiotics and healthy-gut things like lots of ferments to your diet.
- Add lots of supportive foods - dark leafy greens, red/blue fruits (anthocyanins), nut and fish fats (including fish, cod liver, salmon oil supplementation), etc...
- Supplementation-wise: curcumin (turmeric compound) that has piperine (black pepper compound), boswelia, quercetin, hyalurnoic acid, biotin, and collagen - look for forms of these that are highly bio-available, and, of course, look into any contraindications or interactions with whatever you're taking already.
I've got RA/synovitis issues from Lyme disease... the efficacy of just a highly bio-available curcumin/piperine supplement is pretty amazing with managing it. I took a few different supplements for a while with little effect, but once I started using one from the brand Integrative Therapeutics, I really noticed a difference.

Also yoga. Any little bit you can do makes a difference. My mom's wife is in a wheelchair with basically an entirely fused back, both knees replaced, all sorts of etc. (horrible car accident in her 30's and generally poor health maintenance, plus 40+ years of smoking)... her condition and quality of life got worlds better when her PT gave her some chair yoga exercises to do.

Realize it's a lot to swallow (also just an overview) and maybe you've heard a lot of it before... but.. figured I'd give you our perspective. Might give you some things to look into on some of those sleepless nights.

edit: Oh, and WATER! Almost no one, myself included, drinks enough water consistently. So many of my wife's clients see a huge improvement by just putting periodic reminders on their phones to drink a glass of water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom