Grow number two, making space

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
amekins

amekins

Lights on and spent some time with the little indica today tying down more branches to spread them out. Nothing trimmed today. There is finally some indication that this plant is transitioning to flower (after two weeks 12/12). The short rider AF’s trichomes are all cloudy but nary an amber in sight. The gelato AF in the 2 gallon container in the corner is going to be water only as I’ve already added amendments to the soil (which is probably going to burn the shit out of that little seedling but we will see).
1075AD8E E802 4DB8 A8B0 6C96E3E793A3
7E198571 EA71 43EF 983B 31972F4C6624
4FCBC9EA E234 4051 820C 0F9BB134FAA9
7B191D3D 88DB 4C8D 854C 174D2ADFF14C

amekins

amekins

Is this little indica ever going to stop needing to be picked over so much??? I seriously pick only the stuff that lays on top of each other because I’m seeing condensation where it occurs. Today all but a few branches were secured so as to ensure maximal spacing. I feel like I’m managing this plant wrong.
AF8D25F9 FBF6 4982 934F E8D9D8DBD657

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey amekins , I offered this advice to another grower , but I think the entire community will disagree with me ,but I've seen quite a few strains that don't like extreme or even any topping , training .....
I don't think this is true in your case but it's something I think growers should consider ....
I'm not sure I've ever found any one who agrees with me...

dire wolf

dire wolf

I've also noted that if a plant is stressed for whatever reason , then it's topped or trained , it now has two jobs , to recover from the training and straighten out from the stress
So to me it's kind of a double whammy
And a lot of new growers , instead of observing and learning how a plant moves , they just beat on it and expect it to just produce more bud as is commonly advised thru bending etc ...
Sorry I'm babbling again 😜

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Hey amekins , I offered this advice to another grower , but I think the entire community will disagree with me ,but I've seen quite a few strains that don't like extreme or even any topping , training .....
I don't think this is true in your case but it's something I think growers should consider ....

I agree, and when I do run into these it tends to be the heavy indica leaners.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

i agree. I cut some branches off of a feminized lemon thai hybrid and it grew balls at every cut site.

Latest posts

Top Bottom