Grow number two, making space

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

It's just quite a few indica's that I remember over the years that gave me the finger when I tried various training methods ......
But the sour one / ones liked to be pushed , but just so far
I kind of get a sense of what a plant can take , I guess with experience and the insane amount of thinking we all put into our grows , kinda know what's gonna happen next when you run clones

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Even from the same pack of dozimac seeds I just had 3 plants take a topping well and 1 plant hate it. That 1 plant was also the only short growing broad leaf pheno.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Hey amekins , I offered this advice to another grower , but I think the entire community will disagree with me ,but I've seen quite a few strains that don't like extreme or even any topping , training .....
I don't think this is true in your case but it's something I think growers should consider ....
I'm not sure I've ever found any one who agrees with me...

So... since we're sharing... :))) I like to grow the first round of seeds naturally, clone before flower, keep what's good. And then see how it performs with whatever technique appears to make sense. Eg. I have a LA Confidential in flower without any mods except the bottom third. 2 clones were taken, rooted, and topped. 1 is tied to make a clone momma if the smoke ends up being good. The other clone is in flower now too. We'll see how it does with twin colas. If it's good then I'll go for a mainline or trained thing like that PMM bush.

But you're right. My Lemon Skunk #2 did awesome left alone but made a suck ass mainline.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
IMG 20201106 1909281612
IMG 20201106 1913545192

amekins

amekins

Sorry... Stoners.
I'd leave it alone.
That’s been the plan every time I’ve clipped back leaves because of condensation drops. And within a few days it’s all overlaying leaves again. The internodal spacing is tight and maybe there’s something folks with experience can share directly. I have a lot less experience and while I can try to infer things, sometimes a direct approach helps. Lots of pictures of this plant each time it’s had leaves removed. There are zero photos of this strain that I could find to get any sense of what this plant should look like or grow like. Sorry if I’m pissy but for a week, lots of likes with zero input because I didn’t ask any questions. So I ask.

dire wolf

dire wolf

So for two pages of comments, no one really told me shit about this particular plant. I’m not trying to train it, just keep it from developing PM where all the leaves just lay on top of one another. But glad you all had a nice chat.
But we did establish that my theories are valid , and that can lead to more theories .. And one of those might help with your dilemma , give me a night to figure this out ......

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

So for two pages of comments, no one really told me shit about this particular plant. I’m not trying to train it, just keep it from developing PM where all the leaves just lay on top of one another. But glad you all had a nice chat.

Just a heads up if you are worried about PM a high ph plain water spray is sll that's really needed to keep it at bay.

Top Bottom