Grow number two, making space

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
I think that AF would have been fine start to finish with just up-potting and plain water... but, I've had well water that caused similar symptoms if not filtered before giving it to my plants.

Last edited:
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

That's pretty heavy I'd think, mostly because I've heard autos are pickier eaters and tend to require less nutrients altogether.
The high range of Epsom I'd read was 1tsp, but then I was advised 1/4 - 1/2tsp was adequate.
I've heard it's hard to overdo, too, but it maybe the combination of the high end epsom dosage and autoflower requirements that might be getting it into the overfed range.

Everytime you feed?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I think I’m going to back down to 1/2 tsp per gallon unless I see a deficiency (for the other plants, obviously).
Personally ive never used more than 1/4tsp per gallon epsom. half tsp should be ok but its still a lot of Mg, and too much Mg WILL lock out other necessary nutrients. Always best to play on the low range when supplementing. 1.5tsp is far too much and will absolutely cause the appearance of burned dry leaves and a lockout situation by severely limiting Calcium absorbtion, and throwing the whole range of nutrients out of balance.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Personally ive never used more than 1/4tsp per gallon epsom. half tsp should be ok but its still a lot of Mg, and too much Mg WILL lock out other necessary nutrients. Always best to play on the low range when supplementing. 1.5tsp is far too much and will absolutely cause the appearance of burned dry leaves and a lockout situation by severely limiting Calcium absorbtion, and throwing the whole range of nutrients out of balance.

Isnt it once calcium is fucked up a plethora of issues arise? Calcium is rely'd on so much that a def or excess can fubar things up a bit..basicslly it becomes the domino effect.

amekins

amekins

I think that AF would have been fine start to finish with just up-potting and plain water... but, I've had well water that caused similar symptoms if not filtered before giving it to my plants.
She’s in a 3 gallon fabric container and was fed ff trio with some Neptune’s Harvest and Rhino Skin occasionally.

amekins

amekins

Typically I do 1 gram per gal veg and 2 grams per gal flower. Up to 5grams per gal some use in flower.

1 tsp is about 5 gams if I remember right.
I believe I weighed it and that was how I arrived at the 1.5 tsp. I’m going to give this plant a good flush tonight I think. And then let her be for a few more days and then chop.

amekins

amekins

Yup tsp is about 5 grams.
And so that is your normal feed when there is no deficiency. I’m not sure why I have 1.5 tsp written down unless it was for the full 2-gallon jug that I use. In any event, she clearly doesn’t like something but the rest (the others getting the Epsom salts) are perfectly happy. For now, I’ll flush her, back way off or altogether drop the Epsom salts for the next water or two.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Mg in your nutrient solution should be around 30-60ppm in flower total. 1.5tsp of epsom delivers closer to 160ppm of mag, and thats on top of what is already in your other nutrients. Way, way too much.

1 gram epsom per gallon gives 26ppm magnesium and 103ppm sulphur.

amekins

amekins

Mg in your nutrient solution should be around 30-60ppm in flower total. 1.5tsp of epsom delivers closer to 160ppm of mag, and thats on top of what is already in your other nutrients. Way, way too much.
I don’t believe any of the other nutrients I’m using contain calcium or magnesium. But it’s still too much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom