Grow number two, making space

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
amekins

amekins

Second grow, first indoor. And I have almost no expectations for this grow except to learn. But I’m certainly aiming for something to harvest.

Both are in week 2 of being a seedling so after this week they will be officially vegetative. So I guess you could say these are at week zero and will be at week 1 next week.

In any event, more bag seed germinated on 10/12/20, and short rider fem AF on 10/14/20, in ffof/perlite, under two 150 watt equivalent LED 2200 lumens 5000 K bulbs, and a 65 watt equivalent LED full spectrum large plant light for 18 on/6 off. Being watered with un-pH’d tap water (typically 155-175 ppm). Average temp 75 F, 50% RH. I’m keeping an actual journal this time. 🙄
Grow number two making space
Grow number two making space 2
Grow number two making space 3
Grow number two making space 4
Grow number two making space 5
Grow number two making space 6
🙄

amekins

amekins

I uppotted the little sativa seedling. If it’s female, it will be gifted to my mail carrier because he said he can’t seem to get seeds to grow. The other plant is an autoflower that will flower regardless of my lighting schedule, correct?
9954CBB4 5595 4C5D B38B ED685D589E0C

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Is anyone willing to take a peek and weigh in on the below as sufficient to veg and flower two plants plus some seedlings in the spring? Thank you in advance.

https://smile.amazon.com/MARS-HYDRO-2-3x2-3ft-Hydroponics-Ventilation/dp/B088STYP1X
Honestly, someone here can make you a shopping list that will be cheaper and do better for you than that. That would do the job though, yes. If you want, I can show you what I would do with $400 to accomplish that task. I imagine others would chime in, because it's this place lol.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
@amekins I found the core stuff you want with a HUGE upgrade in the fan dept by sourcing the items separately ...
20201027 174132

Its cheaper and you don't want their crappy timer and pots anyway. You can't fit four 5 gal in there! Lol

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
That fan is also your temp and humidity controller, I can't stress enough how well it works. @Aqua Man will vouch for me on this one. Do you NEED it? No. But if you were going to spend 400 and you can have that fan and basically the same setup for 350? Idk...🤔

amekins

amekins

That fan is also your temp and humidity controller, I can't stress enough how well it works. @Aqua Man will vouch for me on this one. Do you NEED it? No. But if you were going to spend 400 and you can have that fan and basically the same setup for 350? Idk...🤔
And the slightly larger tent is $40 more.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Agree the fan is a game changer. I have a coolgrows tent too. I would switch for this light though. I have separately bought six p1500s for different places and situations lol. I like them.

https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-Upgraded-Spectrum-Dimmable-Hydroponic/dp/B083JVXHF6

A P-2000 is probably a bit too much, which is the point. The dimmer works very well. If you want a comparable light, it's . I run 2 P-1500s in a 3x3.

I have also had great luck with this: https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Bluetooth-Temperature/dp/B07R586J37

Imo, having light and cooling just solved is a huge relief. You would also need a fan for inside the tent. Those you can just get wherever. It's nice to be able to easily mount them though.

Top Bottom