Grow number two, making space

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

12000. It is the only AC for the entire 865 sq ft 2 bedroom condo.
Hmmm. Does it do a good job? I'm kinda thinking 2 5000 btu will save you power as you dont need to run both all the time. 2 5000 are cheap and you could prob sell the 12000 used for enough to buy 2 new 5000s and maybe even have money left over. I would say the 5000 are about 500 watts and the 12000 around 1200 watts. You probably would also get a better coverage of cooling and if one goes down your not SOL. But I'm not sure the condo rules or if you would be up to that.

amekins

amekins

Hmmm. Does it do a good job? I'm kinda thinking 2 5000 btu will save you power as you dont need to run both all the time. 2 5000 are cheap and you could prob sell the 12000 used for enough to buy 2 new 5000s and maybe even have money left over. I would say the 5000 are about 500 watts and the 12000 around 1200 watts. You probably would also get a better coverage of cooling and if one goes down your not SOL. But I'm not sure the condo rules or if you would be up to that.
It’s new, just got it this past summer. There is no other location to put an AC unless it’s portable in the bedrooms with a frame of some sort for tall casement windows. Can’t cut the brick and the bedrooms won’t support that.

beluga

beluga

Honestly, if I knew I'd be in my last place for 10 years, I probably would have hired someone myself (rather than ask my landlady) to wire it more efficiently.
I fully understand it's not in everyone's budget to do so.. wasn't in mine... but it would definitely save you a lot of headache and probably a lot of money in the long run, if you're staying put.

I know now that I own an old ass place that is a serious fixer-upper.. it's really not all that much work to rewire existing lines more efficiently.
But... do electricians want you to know that or charge you accordingly? Absolutely not.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It’s new, just got it this past summer. There is no other location to put an AC unless it’s portable in the bedrooms with a frame of some sort for tall casement windows. Can’t cut the brick and the bedrooms won’t support that.
I was thinking window.. the floor models are terribly less efficient so I wouldn't even consider it. Plus space and drainage etc

amekins

amekins

Honestly, if I knew I'd be in my last place for 10 years, I probably would have hired someone myself (rather than ask my landlady) to wire it more efficiently.
I fully understand it's not in everyone's budget to do so.. wasn't in mine... but it would definitely save you a lot of headache and probably a lot of money in the long run, if you're staying put.

I know now that I own an old ass place that is a serious fixer-upper.. it's really not all that much work to rewire existing lines more efficiently.
But... do electricians want you to know that or charge you accordingly? Absolutely not.
To do that kind of electrical work, it has to get approval, they have to schedule it, and what someone will charge for the work is beyond the budget. We have been here almost 18 years now, but we will be gone within the next 5-9 (before my mortgage rate goes up). So, it’s very unlikely to change.

beluga

beluga

Hey, just be glad you don't have holes in your basement that lead to your darkest nightmares...
20201108_141031-jpg.1057489

I have to crawl around in there before next summer to encapsulate it.🙁

It's got about 20" of clearance 😭

edit: p.s. - snakes come out of it.😶

amekins

amekins

I am so sorry to hear this AM. That's horrible and scary I'm 47 and both of my parents passed very early from heart problems. So I am making it my goal to get myself healthy again. This task is slow going for me at 47, but is working. Just had to give up my fear of Dr's.
Thank you. Both of my parents are also gone (dad from MS when I was 20, and mom from a massive pulmonary embolism 15 years ago). Both were riddled with health issues most of my life. I still just can’t even understand wtf happened. I wish you strength and perseverance to attain your goal. ❤️

IrishRob

IrishRob

To do that kind of electrical work, it has to get approval, they have to schedule it, and what someone will charge for the work is beyond the budget. We have been here almost 18 years now, but we will be gone within the next 5-9 (before my mortgage rate goes up). So, it’s very unlikely to change.
See now I'm getting worried I live in an apartment building now, and my wife is about to inherit one of two homes. They are older and are going to need fixing and I see no need to rent when we own a home. Its just gonna take work to get the two rooms I want to turn i
Thank you. Both of my parents are also gone (dad from MS when I was 20, and mom from a massive pulmonary embolism 15 years ago). Both were riddled with health issues most of my life. I still just can’t even understand wtf happened. I wish you strength and perseverance to attain your goal. ❤️
Thank you, I guess you can say I'm a work in progress. I've done my share of not taking care of myself. I followed Phish for years and the dead before that. So I've done my fair amount to this body I was given. But now its time (well I'm a little late most of the time) to put on my big boy pants. Thank god for my wife I'm a tattoo artist and chef by schooling, both of which industries have closed because of flu and I as I said have lung (asthma) and heart (very high blood pressure) problems and I won't take that chance, and do like some people and tattoo from home. Don't need to get sick. Thanks for letting me ramble. I think my thumb is niw my strongest muscle lol

amekins

amekins

See now I'm getting worried I live in an apartment building now, and my wife is about to inherit one of two homes. They are older and are going to need fixing and I see no need to rent when we own a home. Its just gonna take work to get the two rooms I want to turn i
Thank you, I guess you can say I'm a work in progress. I've done my share of not taking care of myself. I followed Phish for years and the dead before that. So I've done my fair amount to this body I was given. But now its time (well I'm a little late most of the time) to put on my big boy pants. Thank god for my wife I'm a tattoo artist and chef by schooling, both of which industries have closed because of flu and I as I said have lung (asthma) and heart (very high blood pressure) problems and I won't take that chance, and do like some people and tattoo from home. Don't need to get sick. Thanks for letting me ramble. I think my thumb is niw my strongest muscle lol
When the work comes from a place of caring for oneself and being there for our loved ones, those hurdles can be tackled. I’m a (retired) respiratory therapist and have cared for many an ICU patient with asthma and hypertensive crises. Be good to your body now. ❤️

IrishRob

IrishRob

Right now we have a one bedroom (excuse my English but) shit hole apartment we pay $1600 a month for and we have an 8000 btu and it does nothin
12000. It is the only AC for the entire 865 sq ft 2 bedroom condo.
When the work comes from a place of caring for oneself and being there for our loved ones, those hurdles can be tackled. I’m a (retired) respiratory therapist and have cared for many an ICU patient with asthma and hypertensive crises. Be good to your body now. ❤️
Really that's amazing thank you so much damn. I love this site I went on another(yes I cheated) and the people were so rude when they found out this is my first grow. Like I was completely stupid and had no common sense. This is not at all the same kind of site. The people hear seem to care about what happens to each other like a big damn farm family. May all your higher powers protect and guide you.

amekins

amekins

Right now we have a one bedroom (excuse my English but) shit hole apartment we pay $1600 a month for and we have an 8000 btu and it does nothin
Really that's amazing thank you so much damn. I love this site I went on another(yes I cheated) and the people were so rude when they found out this is my first grow. Like I was completely stupid and had no common sense. This is not at all the same kind of site. The people hear seem to care about what happens to each other like a big damn farm family. May all your higher powers protect and guide you.
I feel the same here. It seems that here, folks want each other to be successful and there is the reality we all have to start somewhere.

Top Bottom