Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chuckberries

Absolutely perfect john sir. I will be contacting you soon as I get back home in the states

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Well it appears that my thread disappeared from the forum during the server change. So here goes a new one. Ask away about your grow room a/c questions.

I got a heat issue in a ventilated room. Have an 840 cfm exhaust and intake 440 cfm. I have an issue with heat. I don't know what I can do to effectively cool the room. I know the thread is about AC.

I'm thinking of beefing up my exhaust and intake. Is there hope or do I need to go with AC?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@Lbgrower

What size room
What kind lights
Ac hoods, open bulbs
Ambient lung room temp
Room temp

Need more info. You can't cool air that just gets recycled with out cool air to replace it.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Anyone have a link to a quality mini split (prefer 24000btu) that can run on a 110 line? If not, im Trying to figure out how to tap into my panel that's already full and no more open spots.

stonestacker

stonestacker

I got a heat issue in a ventilated room. Have an 840 cfm exhaust and intake 440 cfm. I have an issue with heat. I don't know what I can do to effectively cool the room. I know the thread is about AC.

I'm thinking of beefing up my exhaust and intake. Is there hope or do I need to go with AC?
Need more details # lights position off intake and exhaust size of room etc.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

@Lbgrower

What size room
What kind lights
Ac hoods, open bulbs
Ambient lung room temp
Room temp

Need more info. You can't cool air that just gets recycled with out cool air to replace it.

AC hood
3 1000 w lights
Room 12 by 15
Intake coming from 72 degree room
Room temp w/lights on hitting 89

Thank you

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Lol

3k watts and NO ac? Lol again.
Deffinately going to need at the minimum a 14k btu portable, mini split, or window shaker. There is absolutely no way to get around it. It's why most growers do NOT use 1k lightsunless they have their ac in check.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Lol

3k watts and NO ac? Lol again.
Deffinately going to need at the minimum a 14k btu portable, mini split, or window shaker. There is absolutely no way to get around it. It's why most growers do NOT use 1k lights with out ac.

Brother I was shown how to do this thin by a guy who didn't believe in all this

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

So you don't think I can get away with it by increasing exaust and intake? Bc in the past I've got some pretty good results. I'm just trying to get better results this time.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Everyone has. I started growing cause my prior caregiver was growing garbage at top shelf prices. 4+yrs ago, I've been KILLING it. I now grow top shelf strains, have a HUGE customer base (legal), and make pretty much every type of med you can think of from tinctures, to salves/topical rubs. All in house, all top quality.

There's a lot of ppl here that can steer you in the proper direction.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

So you don't think I can get away with it by increasing exaust and intake? Bc in the past I've got some pretty good results. I'm just trying to get better results this time.

Hot air in, means hot air out. You must cool the air, or how is it going to cool anything down? Your just moving more hot air.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Hot air in, means hot air out. You must cool the air, or how is it going to cool anything down? Your just moving more hot air.

Gotcha So in your experience I gotta add AC. The intake air temp at 72-75 will not cool the room enough.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

When I ran 3x600hps (1800w) I still needed a 14k btu portable that worked hard, especially in the summer month. Yes, ypu will need an ac, regardless. Unless you want a shitty harvest of garbage fluffy buds that no one will.want.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

When I ran 3x600hps (1800w) I still needed a 14k btu portable that worked hard, especially in the summer month. Yes, ypu will need an ac, regardless. Unless you want a shitty harvest of garbage fluffy buds that no one will.want.

Thank you I really appreciate it. I've been trying to work out a way to add it. I will have to do some electrical other stuff to get it on. I do have some questions that may seem well DUMB please excuse me.

So if I use say a portable unit. It needs two tubes to vent and draw air. Can I take those from an attic. Also will be using the same attic to cool my lamps and just put the blower up there too. How do I do this?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've used single tube (currently.in use) and double tube. DO NOT BUY ACTIVE AIR DUAL HOSE 14K PORTABLE AC. it's utter garbage. My lg 14k single hose works great for a portable. I exhaust out much Basement window.

Ypu don't want to pull and dump air from the same.room. your negating the purpose of and ac. It needs to be seperate from the exhaust or you'll burn the ac up.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I've used single tube (currently.in use) and double tube. DO NOT BUY ACTIVE AIR DUAL HOSE 14K PORTABLE AC. it's utter garbage. My lg 14k single hose works great for a portable. I exhaust out much Basement window.

Will I be able to run a unit from the attic (for the ducting rather than a window) Your unit only vents air am I correct?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I would never exhaust hot air in an attic. Outside only. It can cause mold, and if in cold areas where snows at, it can melt snow on roof and make it visible your a grower if in a noble gal state

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I would never exhaust hot air in an attic. Outside only. It can cause mold, and if in cold areas where snows at, it can melt snow on roof and make it visible your a grower if in a noble gal state
Brother your flipping my world upside down.

Top Bottom