Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I think your saying not to vent the AC unit to the attic or you mean my light and everything.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Guys got no idea I've seen so many places all of them had been set up this way :banghead:

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I know I'm going to run into problems. I'm trying to figure out what to do before it happens.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Take a peak as some of the members grows on here. How they have theirs set up, and copy them. Stop listening to your buddies, as they have NO clue what's up.

Ducting hot moist air into your attic is HORRIBLE. And asking for mold and mildew to grow. This will destroy your house. Reason why rental houses are so faked up from growrrs.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@CannabisJohn

Seen a lot.of 24k mini splits that run on 240, any run on 110?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Guys got no idea I've seen so many places all of them had been set up this way :banghead:
I had no idea

Just because other people do it does not make it right. I've been to grows where they steal electricity. I would not do it. If you won't or can't get a/c unit, then intake air from house and exhaust air out of house and not into attic. Also increase and even out intake and exhaust air. I would go to 1200-1400 cfm on each intake and exhaust

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Avoid venting anything into attic if possible.

What if I need to use the attic is it okay for me to setup an AC unit in this way ? Sorry I'm like ass backwards on my methodology and it's tough to tech an old dog new tricks.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

What if I need to use the attic is it okay for me to setup an AC unit in this way ? Sorry I'm like ass backwards on my methodology and it's tough to tech an old dog new tricks.

Don't intake air to a/c condenser from attic. It's too hot. If and only if you have to vent exhaust from a/c unit into attic then run duct to attic vent so it gets outside quickly.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

So that little LG unit @DemonTrich mentioned only needs to be vented. I can seal my room add this unit and vent near my vent in the attic? When rooms are setup in this way I would imagine c02 also becomes something to take a look at? Am I correct?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@CannabisJohn

Buddy told me.i need a mini split with an inverter to run in the winter months. Very few have the inverter word in the description. Have any links to them? Thinking I need a 24k at most. 8x12x7 room with 4x315 cmh ac hoods.

sixstring

sixstring

@CannabisJohn

Buddy told me.i need a mini split with an inverter to run in the winter months. Very few have the inverter word in the description. Have any links to them? Thinking I need a 24k at most. 8x12x7 room with 4x315 cmh ac hoods.

Wtf you just told dude to get a portable for 3 x 1000w lamps but you want to get 24k heatpump for 4 x 315w ?
Portables are fucking terrible @cooling efficiently, window shakers are a much better option. As for your mini split questions heatpumps will cool the best in cold weather. The other option is getting a low ambient kit for a standard mini split,most will cool down to around 10 to 15f outdoor temps.mine is listed to 5f but every brand is a bit different.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Dude currently runs with NO ac. Portable is better than nothing. I can't see homie ponying up coin on a split. And my portable has worked great for 4+yrs. Albeit a power monger.

I need it to work in at least 0*f (michigan winters are weird). So the heat pump is basically the same as a inverter type? Probably why I only seen 2 with the word inverter in it. Plus with a MS I can remove the glass and run open hoods.

Last edited:
Top Bottom