Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

Yeah heat pump/inverter.seems like when i was doing all my searches for low ambient the Fujitsu went down to -5f the Mitsubishi are all pretty much built in low ambient if i recall,probably why they cost more than other units they come with more standard features.but i know i kept going back n fourth with mitsu and Fujitsu and i think it was because i could run lower/colder temps with fuji.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I'm just wondering if I could get my temperatures within an acceptable range by increasing airflow. Increasing exaust and intake to 12,000-14,000 cfm as @CannabisJohn suggested.

Last edited:
Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Kinda why I'm here asking questions
Just because other people do it does not make it right. I've been to grows where they steal electricity. I would not do it. If you won't or can't get a/c unit, then intake air from house and exhaust air out of house and not into attic. Also increase and even out intake and exhaust air. I would go to 1200-1400 cfm on each intake and exhaust

I know your saying you wouldn't run your room without an AC.... BUT This is kinda the way I would like to go. I'm sure your knowledgeable about how effective this could be at reducing my temps. Basically taking the airflow I have and more than doubling it. I'm just trying to be logical here. This should give me a good reduction in temps. Correct?

sixstring

sixstring

I'm just wondering if I could get my temperatures within an acceptable range by increasing airflow. Increasing exaust and intake to 12,000-14,000 cfm as @CannabisJohn suggested.

Hang on cowboy,ya got one too many zeros in them numbers,12,000 cfm will take the paint off yer wallz sonz haha.
Yes i think 1200cfm in and out will help tremendously. And if there is a way to drop that incoming air from 72f down to 69 or 70f that will make a big difference. Short fresh air runs work better than long runs and attic air is about the worst option.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Hang on cowboy,ya got one too many zeros in them numbers,12,000 cfm will take the paint off yer wallz sonz haha.
Yes i think 1200cfm in and out will help tremendously. And if there is a way to drop that incoming air from 72f down to 69 or 70f that will make a big difference. Short fresh air runs work better than long runs and attic air is about the worst option.

Thank you :) :opps::opps:

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

@EventHorizan

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

lololololol oh shit thats a gag! Fucking wind tunnel! like going thru a man hole cover in a coal mine!

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Yeah heat pump/inverter.seems like when i was doing all my searches for low ambient the Fujitsu went down to -5f the Mitsubishi are all pretty much built in low ambient if i recall,probably why they cost more than other units they come with more standard features.but i know i kept going back n fourth with mitsu and Fujitsu and i think it was because i could run lower/colder temps with fuji.

Not all heat pumps are inverters. It may not be in description of unit but it should say the word inverter in specs some where. Most units that are 15 seer and above are inverter. Don't buy Fujitsu on line. They won't honor the warranty unless purchased thru a Fujitsu wholesaler. Mitsubishi can cool properly to 14F outside air out of the box. They have a kit that can allow it to cool properly at lower outdoor temps. It can provide heating to lower outdoor temps but not full cooling

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Kinda why I'm here asking questions

I know your saying you wouldn't run your room without an AC.... BUT This is kinda the way I would like to go. I'm sure your knowledgeable about how effective this could be at reducing my temps. Basically taking the airflow I have and more than doubling it. I'm just trying to be logical here. This should give me a good reduction in temps. Correct?

Not, your just moving hot air around and not cooling it. Think of it as a house in dead summer with no ac, but all the windows open. It's still hot as shit.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Not, your just moving hot air around and not cooling it. Think of it as a house in dead summer with no ac, but all the windows open. It's still hot as shit.

Yea you gotta consider night temps are considerably lower and my lights only have to run half the day.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Ok
What do I know. I've only been doing this for a living the past 4.5yrs. And I do pretty well at it.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

This thread is about AC and grow rooms. CHILL OUT.. not the end of the world if I decide to run a room hot. A lot of this kinda stuff is strain dependent. If I mess it up you will hear about it and I promise to let you say that you told me so. I do believe your very good at what you do. Just saying man I don't have to luxury of space and.... well look I don't need to defend myself right???

Latest posts

Top Bottom