Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lbgrower

Lbgrower

A couple people on this thread seem to think I will be making a major improvement by upping my ventilation. That's what I'm going to try first.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

A couple people on this thread seem to think I will be making a major improvement by upping my ventilation. That's what I'm going to try first.
I remember when i first got started, and i would brainstorm an idea and think it was the best idea ever made, then i would come here and share my idea only to be shot down... I get angry and do it anyway, then realize at the end of the grow how important it was...

As for your cooling issue, it wont be nothing you need to worry about as long as this is all personal stash, cause its still gonna get you high, it just gonna look like shit and nobody will want to buy it, but hey you just doing this have a couple buds to smoke, so no need to do it right... Ac is expensive too! It will cost prob $35 a month for 8000btu at 12/12, when the fans will only cost you $15 a month, and we need to save that extra $20.....

Im really thinking that since you seen great growth that you prob think that higher temps are all right... Thier not, and they will be airy, i know, it has happened to me....
wont even know till about week 6 just how bad its gonna hurt, and then its to late...

See the guy that said just plant some seeds, and your harvest will be bountiful and great,,,
HE LIED!

sixstring

sixstring

@DemonTrich there are lots of options to get cooling down to lower ambient like this http://growershouse.com/low-ambient-outdoor-fan-control-kit-for-ductless-air-conditioners
they also make pump/pan heaters to help stop freeze ups with the outdoor unit.you just gotta do a little digging around,not all brands will work.part of the reason i went with a conventional split system was more options to run lower temps.plus the price lol.im in the same boat here in michigan.generally i dont need ac once we drop below 40f but i still like the option to set it and forget it when im gone,in case a intake fan were to fail i would still have the ac as a backup.that and high temp cutoff for my lights.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

OMG please go easy on me!!!
i like you brother! I only respond top ppl i think have a chance, so please never take my posts as anything but brotherly love in a war together!
I dont talk to ppl that have no fighting chance,, im to busy,, im at work now.... taking a breather...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Surely I won't know until everything's dried
Well you will be able to tell by rubbing the bud as its growing. Is it dense and growing all as one? Or can you bend the calyxes away from each other... My temps never went over 83, still they were slightly airy, esp the ones closest to the light, and thats with big oscillating fans on 24/7.. i only have a 6' ceiling... it causes me issues sometimes on a cola here and there..

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

i like you brother! I only respond top ppl i think have a chance, so please never take my posts as anything but brotherly love in a war together!
I dont talk to ppl that have no fighting chance,, im to busy,, im at work now.... taking a breather...
Oh I know just messing around. Thank you too for the vote of confidence :D

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Well you will be able to tell by rubbing the bud as its growing. Is it dense and growing all as one? Or can you bend the calyxes away from each other... My temps never went over 83, still they were slightly airy, esp the ones closest to the light, and thats with big oscillating fans on 24/7.. i only have a 6' ceiling... it causes me issues sometimes on a cola here and there..
Funny thing about that is the ones closest to the lights are growing in dense. The strain naturally looks like it wants to foxtail a little at the end. We will see

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I have a question about building a box for a window unit. Is there an explanation somewhere? I couldn't find one.
My confusion is that if I understand correctly, which I doubt, you box up the unit so that the box covers the back and extract that to the outside. You also have cold air coming out the front. Where is the intake and why isn't there oder in the exhaust coming outside?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I have a question about building a box for a window unit. Is there an explanation somewhere? I couldn't find one.
My confusion is that if I understand correctly, which I doubt, you box up the unit so that the box covers the back and extract that to the outside. You also have cold air coming out the front. Where is the intake and why isn't there oder in the exhaust coming outside?

There are 2 separate air flows on an a/c unit. You have room air flow which should be just recycling air in room. Takes in hot air from your grow, cools it, and blows it back into room. This is indoor coil air flow. Then you have outdoor coil air flow. The hot air coming off of the outdoor coil is what u are building a box for to exhaust outside. If you install unit properly the outdoor coil air should have no smell because it's not air from your grow.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
So where does the air being exhausted come from if not room air? Seems like if you don't want room air being exhausted you'd have to have outside air brought in. That air being exhausted has to come from somewhere right?

MikeyMike01

MikeyMike01

Hi guys,

Im trying to set up a 20x10x10 room with 6x Phantom 50 Series 1000w and wondering have any one use movincool portable AC unit http://www.mobileairsales.com/calssic-plus-26.php?gclid=CNL_is7ZsdMCFViRfgodyGQNvg

Trying to figure out a way to install AC without being to noticeable. If I do mini split I will need to leave the condenser in side the warehouse and it will get too hot. Nothing is set up yet but trying to figure the best way to keep my guys cool during the hot socal summer. Have anyone use something like minicool portable AC or recommend a better way of doing it?

My friend have 2x 300sqft grow room inside a warehouse and 4 mini split with condenser and it get way too hot. He try to exhaust it and pull in fresh air from the skylight but its still get pretty hot. The portable AC unit have its own intake duct and exhaust duct which I think will work but never found anyone use this AC unit. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

New grower and leaning...

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

So where does the air being exhausted come from if not room air? Seems like if you don't want room air being exhausted you'd have to have outside air brought in. That air being exhausted has to come from somewhere right?
Why didn't u buy a dual hose portable? I thought u were talking about a window unit. Get a dual hose portable or better yet a mini split.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Stay far away from hydrofarm dual hose 14k btu portable. It couldn't get an air cooled, sealed co2, 3x600 hps room below 78*, even running constantly. Went thru 2 of them. Garbage.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hi guys,

Im trying to set up a 20x10x10 room with 6x Phantom 50 Series 1000w and wondering have any one use movincool portable AC unit http://www.mobileairsales.com/calssic-plus-26.php?gclid=CNL_is7ZsdMCFViRfgodyGQNvg

Trying to figure out a way to install AC without being to noticeable. If I do mini split I will need to leave the condenser in side the warehouse and it will get too hot. Nothing is set up yet but trying to figure the best way to keep my guys cool during the hot socal summer. Have anyone use something like minicool portable AC or recommend a better way of doing it?

My friend have 2x 300sqft grow room inside a warehouse and 4 mini split with condenser and it get way too hot. He try to exhaust it and pull in fresh air from the skylight but its still get pretty hot. The portable AC unit have its own intake duct and exhaust duct which I think will work but never found anyone use this AC unit. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

New grower and leaning...

If you're in SoCal why are you trying to be so stealth? One mini split on a warehouse roof doesn't mean anything in socal. It means you have a small area to cool. Your friend's a/c units are gonna fry. Bad way to do it. The condenser needs to be outside

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I have a single hose LG 14k portable and it FN rocks! I can get 3x600 to 70* lights on and have the unit cycle on/off. With the 1260cmh it's easy Pease. Can do 68* lights on easily.

But alas, she's a power monger vs a mini split.

Top Bottom