Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

hey johnnie,Do you buy a premade lineset when you do an install or do you make them onsite?My lineset runs are less than 10' and im not sure they even make them that short,definitely easy to just coil the excess up by compressors but not as clean.Is there an advantage to having a certain amount of lineset?

I buy pre made ones. I believe I can get 15 ft ones. PM me if you need further help with this.

W

weednbrews

Hi, Im new to this thread and I was wondering if this Klimaire 2-ton ductless minisplit is worth the buy?

southstreets

southstreets

A big thanks to CJ for all the help!!! Ur a life saver bro! 4 reals!!! Ss

StickiestAbyss

StickiestAbyss

posted this in another spot but thought id bounce it around in here as well since time is essential..
Hourly Forecast6AM12 Noon6PM12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point 43 | 38 68 | 34 77 | 36 58 | 45
Wind 7 mph NW 3 mph WNW 2 mph WSW 10 mph NW
Humidity 80% 29% 23% 62%
Chance of Precip. 0% 0% 0% 0%
Cloud Cover 5% 5% 5% 14%
Conditions Clear Clear Clear Clear
Sunrise & Sunset
6:34 AM
7:28 PM
being at around 350 altitude also adds to the equation.. on one room i am running 10k with 10 x air cooled reflectors. 2 460 cfm duct fans, 6 oscillating fans and a 25,000 btu window mount style ac unit.. this seams to be the perfect set up to keep things at around 72-82 while using a co2 generator at 1500 ppm. having that 10 degrees to play between makes it nice and easy to keep dialed in.

BUT! lol.. i have another room 14 ft. cielings where im running 2 x 25000 btu ac units with 10k ans 10x batwing style reflectors, 8 oscillating fans, 1 x 1200 btu satnd alone ac unit and im still having trouble keeping this bad girl under 80 degrees. and thats without running my co2 generator.. i was trying to do a budget grow i had read about.. and since my ceilings in this room were so high i figured doubling the ac would do the trick and id be able to squeeze more lumen from the 10 x 1000 watts... this room has been nothing but head aches.. humidity off the charts,, so i added a dehumidifier.. that helped.. now my only trouble is the co2 enrichment.. im afraid to turn that sucker on again lol.. right now i got the room held at 78 degrees.. im thinking i may have to start running the co2 while the lights are off.. build it up to 1500 and then cut it off 20 min after the lights kick on.. put it on a timer so it only kicks on again about 6 hours later.. im not sure if the screwy levles will stress my girls out or work fine...

any ideas?? any help or input would be awesome..

bobby

bobby

CJ...question for you regarding Mini-splits. Is there a brand/model that can handle cold climates? I'm in the IE, however it gets really cold here at night, so I want to make sure that the condenser doesn't freeze. My trane 5 tons have a module that protects our condensers from freezing in the cold (it shuts the fans on and off)....but I was wondering if the mini splits come with the same feature? TIA

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

posted this in another spot but thought id bounce it around in here as well since time is essential..
Hourly Forecast6AM12 Noon6PM12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point 43 | 38 68 | 34 77 | 36 58 | 45
Wind 7 mph NW 3 mph WNW 2 mph WSW 10 mph NW
Humidity 80% 29% 23% 62%
Chance of Precip. 0% 0% 0% 0%
Cloud Cover 5% 5% 5% 14%
Conditions Clear Clear Clear Clear
Sunrise & Sunset
6:34 AM
7:28 PM
being at around 350 altitude also adds to the equation.. on one room i am running 10k with 10 x air cooled reflectors. 2 460 cfm duct fans, 6 oscillating fans and a 25,000 btu window mount style ac unit.. this seams to be the perfect set up to keep things at around 72-82 while using a co2 generator at 1500 ppm. having that 10 degrees to play between makes it nice and easy to keep dialed in.

BUT! lol.. i have another room 14 ft. cielings where im running 2 x 25000 btu ac units with 10k ans 10x batwing style reflectors, 8 oscillating fans, 1 x 1200 btu satnd alone ac unit and im still having trouble keeping this bad girl under 80 degrees. and thats without running my co2 generator.. i was trying to do a budget grow i had read about.. and since my ceilings in this room were so high i figured doubling the ac would do the trick and id be able to squeeze more lumen from the 10 x 1000 watts... this room has been nothing but head aches.. humidity off the charts,, so i added a dehumidifier.. that helped.. now my only trouble is the co2 enrichment.. im afraid to turn that sucker on again lol.. right now i got the room held at 78 degrees.. im thinking i may have to start running the co2 while the lights are off.. build it up to 1500 and then cut it off 20 min after the lights kick on.. put it on a timer so it only kicks on again about 6 hours later.. im not sure if the screwy levles will stress my girls out or work fine...

any ideas?? any help or input would be awesome..

You have 2 things different in the second room. 1st thing is the ceiling height and 2nd thing is unvented lights. I would recommend 60,000 btus/hr for the lights with an 8-9 ft ceiling. That includes other loads also. So with a 14 ft vs an 8 ft ceiling you have almost double the cubic footage to cool. Ditch the portable and add another 25k window unit.

G

Growops

hey cj glad to see your still here helping others! heres what i have a 5x5 tent in a room with a 5200btu ac with the back end vented with 400cfm outside . ive tested with bare 1000w hps temp didt go above 75f i hope in summer its doest go past 85F anyhow my window ac has no switch to re circulate air therefore i dont know if its proper for sealed invironment is there anyway to tell ? it seems the window units ive looked at wall mart home depot ect dont have the option either . most older window units do . ive also never used co2 so ac comes first before tank/controoler . thanks :)

J

jabronie

Hey CannabisJohn, heard a lot of good stuff about the old thread too bad it's gone, but grateful you're still helping out.

I'm planning a new grow in a 12x12 room with high ceilings (11') in SoCal. Room is well insulated with one outside east facing wall shaded by neighbor's big ass house - room stays cool in the summer without the central A/C.

Planning 4 x 600w bare, T5 flourescents, fans, and misc. hydro eq.

I have an LG 22k BTU mini split - would this suffice to cool the room?
That should be more than enough.

If I decide to add more lighting in the future, how much would that A/C be able to handle?

Thanks for the help.

W

weednbrews

Thanks for the reply Cannabis John... Im lookin for a good quality, preferrably inexpensive 2-ton ductless mini-split.. I've read many of your posts and I appreciate the info you pour into this thread.. Im in the South Bay CA area as well. What brand/model would you prefer?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

No. It can be had for under $700 new. Under $400 refurb.

outwest
Hey this slipped by me til now, are those refurbs a local source or online somewhere? Very interesting at that price i think.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
They were online do a google shopping search for tripp lite portable AC.

outwest

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

CJ...question for you regarding Mini-splits. Is there a brand/model that can handle cold climates? I'm in the IE, however it gets really cold here at night, so I want to make sure that the condenser doesn't freeze. My trane 5 tons have a module that protects our condensers from freezing in the cold (it shuts the fans on and off)....but I was wondering if the mini splits come with the same feature? TIA

Most of the good brands will run to at least 15F or lower. Cheap brands will not go below freezing. I can get units for you being I assume you are in Socal (IE).

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

hey cj glad to see your still here helping others! heres what i have a 5x5 tent in a room with a 5200btu ac with the back end vented with 400cfm outside . ive tested with bare 1000w hps temp didt go above 75f i hope in summer its doest go past 85F anyhow my window ac has no switch to re circulate air therefore i dont know if its proper for sealed invironment is there anyway to tell ? it seems the window units ive looked at wall mart home depot ect dont have the option either . most older window units do . ive also never used co2 so ac comes first before tank/controoler . thanks :)

If it doesn't have the switch then it shouldn't let smell out.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Thanks for the reply Cannabis John... Im lookin for a good quality, preferrably inexpensive 2-ton ductless mini-split.. I've read many of your posts and I appreciate the info you pour into this thread.. Im in the South Bay CA area as well. What brand/model would you prefer?

I can get you a great unit here in Socal. PM me if you want further info.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Not for sealed room, they suck out the co2 (mixed with the same air the damn thing just cooled, and whatever stank). Equivalent to the heating metaphor of cheaper to pile up dollar bills in middle of room and set on fire. Unsealed portables are just junk, time and money wasters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom