Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

NICE!!!

so a 14000 btu it is. ill go grab one today. I like the lg models home depot has. ill find a buyer of my old 8k btu, plus I have a 5 yr warranty on it so it will sell quick.

this is my current a/c setup. I have a 6" 440cfm fan on speed controller on the exhaust of the ac unit to help move the hot air the 20' of 6" duct work out my buildings basement window (looks like a dryer vent).

2015 01 16 20 05 42 239 2015 01 11 23 05 27 186

now with the ac going, and my inside fans, the hood fans (2x6" 440cfm), I can put my hand on the glass directly under the bulb and it doesn NOT burn on all 3 hoods. it its warm to slightly hot, but not hot enough to burn my hand. temps directly under the glass (canopy level) is 77*, 77* and 79*.

the basement is relatively dry. I haven't drained my ac unit in over 3 months. and when I do I get about 5ml of water. flower room r/h is 40%, veg room is 48%, ambient r/h is 26-36%.

DapperDon

DapperDon

Your temps are perfect but humidity is too low. Get yourself a diy fogger to get your RH up to 65-75% then drop it down lower once the weight starts packing on if mold is ever a concern like it is for most basement growers.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

since its winter, my r/h is about 10% lower than normally in spring/summer/early fall. this is the 4th yr ive grown underground (3yrs previous location, 1 yr current location). ive never had any mold, PM, or other issues. both separate locations ive had the same temp and r/h%. one grow spot was in a condo in the basement, this one is also in a basement, but in a commercial building.

stonestacker

stonestacker

since its winter, my r/h is about 10% lower than normally in spring/summer/early fall. this is the 4th yr ive grown underground (3yrs previous location, 1 yr current location). ive never had any mold, PM, or other issues. both separate locations ive had the same temp and r/h%. one grow spot was in a condo in the basement, this one is also in a basement, but in a commercial building.

Get your VPD under control. You will be amazed at the difference.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I pull +1g/w every harvest. not sure how much better it can get.

thanks for the link.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

home depot is 2 weeks out from having the 14k btu lg a/c im gonna buy. and already have a buyer of my old one, that has a 4yr warranty remaining.

ok, just got back from my shop. ambient basement rh is 54%. inside the flower room is also 55%. this is lights off readings. later tonight when I go back to work ill get a lights on rh reading just to make sure im posting the correct numbers. ill actually post the numbers back up tomorrow morning.

if my lights on numbers are below the parameters listed in the link (thanks again), whats my option to raise the rh? in the past ive tried putting 5x 5gal buckets with bubblers 24/7, and it didn't even raise the rh by 1%. a humidifier will work, but that's putting out warm/hot moist air, which will raise my room temps and or the ac will nullify the moist air (cold air is low rh).

G

Growops

Hi CJ good to see this forum is still going strong after all these years . so much good info in here , I tend to find myself coming back here to read . thanks for helping everyone out !

wondering if you can answer this ? I have 1 ton unit I bought last year that was plug n play ready to go . now id like to disconnect it so I can carefully move the lineset /air handler . I thought id have to pump the unit down and follow some other instructions but I guess not . I spoke with someone all they said was close the valves and i can disconnect the line to move it , since its R410A I can do it that way . Just looking for a second opinion from you . thanks again

DapperDon

DapperDon

Hi CJ good to see this forum is still going strong after all these years . so much good info in here , I tend to find myself coming back here to read . thanks for helping everyone out !

wondering if you can answer this ? I have 1 ton unit I bought last year that was plug n play ready to go . now id like to disconnect it so I can carefully move the lineset /air handler . I thought id have to pump the unit down and follow some other instructions but I guess not . I spoke with someone all they said was close the valves and i can disconnect the line to move it , since its R410A I can do it that way . Just looking for a second opinion from you . thanks again
You just described exactly how to do it. When you start unhooking the lineset just be very careful about the bends. Very soft areas that are prone to rupture if they get sprung. Practice your flares. Watch for leaks on the reconnect. Best of luck.

G

Growops

Hi .thanks for chiming in , I forgot to mention I used this unit for a season . its been off now for months . I didn't think it was easy as turning off the valves and disconnecting. would it still hold the R410 charge so I can use it again ?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

sorry, 77* registered under all 3 hoods (gauge placed 16" below bulb). 73* floor temp and 42% rh. 73* at intake (outside room), a/c ambient temp digital reading 75-77* and fluctuates. 75* exhaust temp from scrubber/exh fan.

DapperDon

DapperDon

While not horrible, I have seen much worse here on the farm, you would benefit from some added humidity. One of those DIY ultrasonic foggers (even a small one) would give you tremendous gains.So between that, the new AC, and the 8" fans you should be good to go!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I see im still in the "red" but not too far off in the diagram. im waiting on homedepot to get the 14k in stock. I think they are put up for the winter and they are too lazy to dig one out for a 500.00 sale. not good business practices in my book, but it is what it is. ill dig up the diy fogger thread here in a bit. I have a small 2.5gal humidifier I use in my veg room when cloning, but doesn't really do squat in a 5x10x7 tent. lol

so 14k a/c, 2x 8" 720 cfm fans (8" ducting, 2x 8/6" reducers), and the diy fogger.

Top Bottom