Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DapperDon

DapperDon

That sounds like it. If the price is within $50 or so, then I would just get the one online and be done with it. Your time alone is worth more than the wait for that to get your garden upgraded the way you want it.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I usually buy warranties with a lot of stuff. my 55' plasma has a 7yr on it, and ive gotten 2x new ones in 2 yrs already. my 800.00 snowblower had a 5yr, my current portable ac had a 3 yr and ive gotten 2 replacements already. so I don't like to buy big ticket items online.

ill be harvesting the 20th of this month. so I still have a bit of time before I absolutely need the new ac and fans and do the install.

boy, this site is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much different and BETTER than JOKE-it-up.

DapperDon

DapperDon

I agree. I left that shitshow a few years ago and never went back. Then there is IC-RAG, the home of the egotistical shut ins. I much prefer the Farm to anything out there right now. My only real complaint is that the Equipment forums looks like a wasteland of useless info that takes forever to find anything. But I digress. I hope you have a healthy and happy harvest.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

i dig ic mag a bit. as this and ic are the only 2 I really post and search on. im gonna have to dig a bit deeper on the diy fogger. most of the returned searched talk about hydro uses.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

http://www.thehouseofhydro.com/
do you think the 3 head will suffice or a single head? I have a 15-20 gal Rubbermaid tub I can use, along with some 3" pvc pipe (think its 3) laying around the house. then source a small fan (inverted) to put on the lid to force the "mist/fog out the pvc?

in the spring and summer my rh goes up a tad. I looked in my note books, but didn't see any numbers jotted down.

DapperDon

DapperDon

Hell it looks like I'm not even needed here. ( soft crying in distance). Lol

There there now..
2065109_o.gif

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Almost everything i know AC wise i learned from cannabisjohn either in this thread or his epic AC thread that was lost in the server transition,he has been a wealth of knowledge and help for everyone here.I cannot think of one person who asked for his help that he didnt freely give it to,probably one of the most under rated guys on the farm,dude should have 100 times more likes than he has.Yes john does installs here in socal and he is VERY good at it but he doesnt push that,we all owe him a debt of gratitude for coming on here day in and day out and not only answering the technical stuff but also taking the time to help those with no clue,thanks johnny!

DapperDon

DapperDon

Yep. I could not have said it better. His threads and posts were one of the major influences behind my decision to try and do it myself semi supervised. Like I said before, he is a great asset and very generous with his knowledge.

blazer

blazer

Hi CJ good to see this forum is still going strong after all these years . so much good info in here , I tend to find myself coming back here to read . thanks for helping everyone out !

wondering if you can answer this ? I have 1 ton unit I bought last year that was plug n play ready to go . now id like to disconnect it so I can carefully move the lineset /air handler . I thought id have to pump the unit down and follow some other instructions but I guess not . I spoke with someone all they said was close the valves and i can disconnect the line to move it , since its R410A I can do it that way . Just looking for a second opinion from you . thanks again

Hi .thanks for chiming in , I forgot to mention I used this unit for a season . its been off now for months . I didn't think it was easy as turning off the valves and disconnecting. would it still hold the R410 charge so I can use it again ?

No, you would have to add back. It isn't very expensive.

Would recomend pumping it down, not really the best to just add to r410a charge, usually have to charge a full charge when loose r410a from a sytem

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Would recomend pumping it down, not really the best to just add to r410a charge, usually have to charge a full charge when loose r410a from a sytem

R410A will separate and leak out so the chemical compound is not the same if u just add. Always best to not move after install or pump down and then evacuate upon reassembly.

KtidyFarms

KtidyFarms

If you have gauges you can connect them at the condensing unit to suction and liquid line. Close the valve for the liquid line and turn ac on(not heat if heat pump) watch the suction line and when it reaches zero close the suction valve quickly and then pull disconnect. This will pull almost all of your charge into the outdoor coil (if gauge got to zero and stayed there then you got the full charge) then all you need to do is pull a vacuum in lineset after relocating and your good to go. And what John said about leaking or just plain released 410a is true, it will change its properties and operating efficiency. 410a is a blend of two refrigerants and they each have a separate boiling point so you loose the ratio and effect the glide.(temperature glide)

KtidyFarms

KtidyFarms

One ton of R-410a released into the atmosphere would cause much more warming than one ton of carbon dioxide. 1725 times more warming, to be exact. So let’s not release a ton of R-410a.

lol

just alittle fact I thought you should all know and even though you don't need a license now to work with 410a im pretty sure your still required to recover it with the risk of large fines if you get caught venting to atmosphere.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom