Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Have your tech get these readings. This will make things more clear.
https://farm4.staticinvalid.com/3213/2900913505_64df73c316_o_d.jpg

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Have your tech get these readings. This will make things more clear.
2900913505_64df73c316_o_d.jpg
2900913505 64df73c316 o

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
If your unit uses a sporlan TXV there have been issues with it failing with R410a refrigerant systems.

R

Rollin4rese

Didn't see the original thread on this. But can say I am soaking up all the info I can.......I have a 6k air cooled fully sealed 336 sq ft room I have been using 14000 btu portable ac and in order to keep the room between 70 and 75 degrees I have to set my ac at least 10 degrees below that and it runs close to none stop. I would like to use co2 but don't want the ac to run like this. so I planned on purchasing another and adding it to see if that will help. But as I read into the issue I'm feeling portable ac's just don't have what it takes. I am renting my place so changing circuits for a mini split is a lot, and may be out of my financial reach. seems a window mount is the best option at this point. Have a window available but am being told I can build a box to avoid compromising security. Trying to figure out if this is true and effective.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Didn't see the original thread on this. But can say I am soaking up all the info I can.......I have a 6k air cooled fully sealed 336 sq ft room I have been using 14000 btu portable ac and in order to keep the room between 70 and 75 degrees I have to set my ac at least 10 degrees below that and it runs close to none stop. I would like to use co2 but don't want the ac to run like this. so I planned on purchasing another and adding it to see if that will help. But as I read into the issue I'm feeling portable ac's just don't have what it takes. I am renting my place so changing circuits for a mini split is a lot, and may be out of my financial reach. seems a window mount is the best option at this point. Have a window available but am being told I can build a box to avoid compromising security. Trying to figure out if this is true and effective.

Window units can let smell out. A window unit is an easy way for a thief to enter.

R

Rollin4rese

the window is covered as I have build a room inside of a room, I thought that would be helpful in terms of not being so easy to get through. And I am scrubbing my room with 2 6 inch carbon filters . But know I far from got this down and would like to avoid any problems the best I can. Do you know about building a box for a window unit does that work. And if you have any suggestion please shoot em my way.

EMC2

EMC2

Hey there,

About to start construction on my second project and had a few questions in regards to using strictly chiller units for my cooling needs.

Room A runs 45' x 16' x 12'

This room will have 24x 1000W DE Gavitas. It will also have 8x 250w or 300w plasmas in 3 months. Room will be split down the middle (45' x 8' x 12') and there will be 8 plants per side.

Room B runs 38' x 21' x 12' ( this room is adjacent to Room A)

This room will have 12x 1000W DE Gavitas + 4x 300W plasmas.

The plan is to get 2x 10-ton compressors along with 3x air handlers.

1x 10-ton compressor + 2x air handlers for Room A
1x 10-ton compressor + 1x air handler for Room B

Will this be enough to handle my rooms?
Would it be better to make this an all-in-one loop or to separate the systems unique to only one room?
Is having narrow rooms (mostly Room A) beneficial to more efficient cooling?
My ceilings are actually 15', is the ceiling height better to stay at 12' or should I go all the way to the top at 15'?

Thank you!!

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Hey there,

About to start construction on my second project and had a few questions in regards to using strictly chiller units for my cooling needs.

This room will have 24x 1000W DE Gavitas. It will also have 8x 250w or 300w plasmas in 3 months. Room will be split down the middle (45' x 8' x 12') and there will be 8 plants per side.

Would it be better to make this an all-in-one loop or to separate the systems unique to only one room?
My ceilings are actually 15', is the ceiling height better to stay at 12' or should I go all the way to the top at 15'?

Thank you!!
If I were to use a chiller like that it is always best to have a backup system. I would use a primary chiller to do all 3 air handlers and have a back up in case that unit fails.

KtidyFarms

KtidyFarms

I'd do the loop as an all in one, you'll have an extra 5 tons of cooling but if one unit goes down you'll still be able to give both rooms some cooling. Chillers are awesome kinda like having an inverter driven system since your unused cooling is returned to the system instead of being wasted. Just my 2 cents.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey there,

Thank you!!

Bring ceilings down to 12 ft. To run Room A at full power (1150 watts per light) I recommend 15 tons. For Room B at full power I recommend about 7.5 tons. I would do multiple units per room (room A do maybe a 10 ton and a 5 ton, or 3- 5 ton units and room B do 2-4 ton units). I recommend this so there is some redundancy and multiple air handlers to handle long rooms. If one unit goes down the whole room doesn't. Also cost of 2- 5 ton units should be less than a 10 ton even with install cost.

EMC2

EMC2

Bring ceilings down to 12 ft. To run Room A at full power (1150 watts per light) I recommend 15 tons. For Room B at full power I recommend about 7.5 tons. I would do multiple units per room (room A do maybe a 10 ton and a 5 ton, or 3- 5 ton units and room B do 2-4 ton units). I recommend this so there is some redundancy and multiple air handlers to handle long rooms. If one unit goes down the whole room doesn't. Also cost of 2- 5 ton units should be less than a 10 ton even with install cost.

Thank you kind sir

bibbles

bibbles

What size dual zone mini split would be appropriate for two 4k rooms on a flip flop? I figure I probably need a 24,000btu heat exchanger in each room, and then a 3 ton unit outside? I've never deal with mini splits before. :/

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

What size dual zone mini split would be appropriate for two 4k rooms on a flip flop? I figure I probably need a 24,000btu heat exchanger in each room, and then a 3 ton unit outside? I've never deal with mini splits before. :/

As far as I know you can't do that with a 3 ton mini. I agree with 24k per room. So you have 2 choices: do 2 separate units or do a residential 4 ton with proper zoning controls.

bibbles

bibbles

As far as I know you can't do that with a 3 ton mini. I agree with 24k per room. So you have 2 choices: do 2 separate units or do a residential 4 ton with proper zoning controls.
A residential unit would be one of those in-attic, ducted ones, right? And what sort of zoning controls would be needed?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

A residential unit would be one of those in-attic, ducted ones, right? And what sort of zoning controls would be needed?

Your HVAC guy will know what zoning controls you need (controller, tstats, zone dampers).

Latest posts

Top Bottom