Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
I never ever recommend putting condensers inside. BTW I'm in Cali too. In this case he's doing it mainly for noise. IMO he should have gotten all mini splits which are quieter such as Mitsubushi (60 db at its loudest). Also think he's hiding them too.
damn bro I see these farmers been putting you to the test the past few years lol nice respect for helping out the herbalist. I am more a service tech than a installer.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

damn bro I see these farmers been putting you to the test the past few years lol nice respect for helping out the herbalist. I am more a service tech than a installer.

Thank you sir. Seems to me that u know your shit (at least on what you've answered on this thread). I do both service and installs for over 20 years and about 6-7 years in this business.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Awesome I'm almost 20years in 7 years in controls and 13 service. Paid my dues installing lol

K

kushgrower420

The a/c's should be working toO hard. I like to keep at least 10kbtu over what's my bulbs are. Also the exhaust fan will be put on a thermostat and will only be on with the temperatures exceeding 85*. I don't ever expect the room to get under 50 even in the winter months. And yes I agree about 3 minis instead, but I'm grabbing one at a time as the green allow me. I am going with a gree mini or thermacore. As for the window units. They say it's at 63db, and that was LOUD with both on. I've decided this job is a little over my head so I'll be bringing an hvac tech. Thanks guys for all the info And help

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

The a/c's should be working toO hard. I like to keep at least 10kbtu over what's my bulbs are. Also the exhaust fan will be put on a thermostat and will only be on with the temperatures exceeding 85*. I don't ever expect the room to get under 50 even in the winter months. And yes I agree about 3 minis instead, but I'm grabbing one at a time as the green allow me. I am going with a gree mini or thermacore. As for the window units. They say it's at 63db, and that was LOUD with both on. I've decided this job is a little over my head so I'll be bringing an hvac tech. Thanks guys for all the info And help

When you change to minis please get Mr Slim inverter type. The window unit was probably rated at indoor noise of 63db not outdoor. The Mr Slims outdoor units are rated at 60db at full power. I'm not familiar with Thermocore. I'm not impressed with Gree. Look at outdoor db ratings at full power for comparison. I've had Mr Slims running outside and you can barely tell they are on. For comparison I believe 60db is about normal conversation level or less. Just my 2 cents.

K

kushgrower420

Good to know thanks. And ya if money wasn't an issue I would go with 3 mr slims. But not in the cards for the time being. Found a great deal for the 3 ton gree under 2g

Offdarips

Offdarips

Cannabisjohn question
I wouldn't go with the Gree 3 ton mini split.
We have been having issues with 4 Gree 3 ton mini splits at different locations. They seem to shut down giving a E1 error code which is high pressure shut off. We can't figure out why the unit are faulting. We are thinking they can't handle the high heat load. Do you know what we could do to prevent this?

Offdarips

Offdarips

One place has one Gree 3 ton with 6 1000w lights
And the other place has three Gree 3 tons with 16 1000w DE lights

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Cannabisjohn question
I wouldn't go with the Gree 3 ton mini split.
We have been having issues with 4 Gree 3 ton mini splits at different locations. They seem to shut down giving a E1 error code which is high pressure shut off. We can't figure out why the unit are faulting. We are thinking they can't handle the high heat load. Do you know what we could do to prevent this?

I agree on the Gree units but sometimes money is an issue. Are the condenser coils clean? How long have they been running and when did they start having E1 codes? What does Gree say? IMO you have plenty of cooling for that amt of lights. If they can't run at full load for long periods of time they are shit. Where are you located?

Offdarips

Offdarips

The units are 3 months old coils are clean they started doing it the same day they were installed. We been on the phone with Gree they can't figure it out. One guy said maybe to try and let 1 oz of freon. We were thinking maybe it's the high altitude causing the head to go up. We are in Colorado.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
If it was same day it was installed maybe they are all overcharged?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

The units are 3 months old coils are clean they started doing it the same day they were installed. We been on the phone with Gree they can't figure it out. One guy said maybe to try and let 1 oz of freon. We were thinking maybe it's the high altitude causing the head to go up. We are in Colorado.

Don't see altitude having anything to do with it. Have you had a HVAC tech check it out? It's possible all units are slightly overcharged. Are all 4 units inverter type? What's the weather like during that 3 months? If they are inverter and weather has been cool or cold during the times it trips I would think it has something to do with outdoor fan speed. The outdoor fan could automatically slow do to outdoor temp instead of head pressure. If that's the case then there maybe no fix unless Gree changes their software on their control board(s) in condenser. Any idea what pressure causes error code? Does it shut off unit or just slow down compressor?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

so I put a 6" 5' R6 value insulation sleeve on my a/c exhaust ducting (the 5' section that connects to the unit itself), I dropped my ambient room temp by 4* in about 1 hr, and has held that for the last 3 days. I bought another 3 sections of the 6" 5' R6 insulation sleeves to put on more of the a/c exhaust ductwork. I run a total of 20' 6" added duct work from unit to exiting my building. I also run a 6"440cfm fan (on speed controller) to help get the exhaust air out the house as the ac unit exhaust fan I don't want to burn out. dropping my new 14kbtu in this weekend. im hoping with the new 14k and insulated exhaust ducting my ambient room temps will be 73* or lower.

currently my room is 79* 81* 81* under each hood (3 hoods), 73* outside flower room floor temp, 65* incoming a/c air, 73* exhaust air from scrubber. I have tons of rh and temp gauges I snagged from my curing box. :)

Offdarips

Offdarips

Yes they are inverter type with a heat pump. When the unit trips the E1 code it shuts off the compressor. We have to then power off the unit & turn the unit back on to reset it. There's only one service valve for the suction line, the liquid line has no service valve. When I installed the units I vacuum, then pump nitrogen to check for leaks & vacuum again and open the service valve. They all trip at different times it could be hot or cold outside. Don't know what pressure cause the error code because we don't know when the unit going to trip I waited for 8 hours and the unit runs fine and then come back later to find it trip E1. The line sets are 15 ft long which the units come factory charged for. My next step is recover 1 oz of freon out of one unit and 2 oz out of another to see if that works if not I can then put the freon back in. Do you think since there such a high heat load the unit needs less freon to operate.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
If you check the pressures and it is ok and you verified the condenser fan operation is ok the next step is to check the thermistors with a ohm meter and verify it is reading correctly. Your unit is single phase so make sure any type of run capacitors are ok. Also your unit has a 5year warranty with 7 year warranty on compressor.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Yes they are inverter type with a heat pump. When the unit trips the E1 code it shuts off the compressor. We have to then power off the unit & turn the unit back on to reset it. There's only one service valve for the suction line, the liquid line has no service valve. When I installed the units I vacuum, then pump nitrogen to check for leaks & vacuum again and open the service valve. They all trip at different times it could be hot or cold outside. Don't know what pressure cause the error code because we don't know when the unit going to trip I waited for 8 hours and the unit runs fine and then come back later to find it trip E1. The line sets are 15 ft long which the units come factory charged for. My next step is recover 1 oz of freon out of one unit and 2 oz out of another to see if that works if not I can then put the freon back in. Do you think since there such a high heat load the unit needs less freon to operate.

What vacuum did you get? If you don't evacuate properly you could have air in lines which is non condensible and could cause high head. This units have a very critical charge. I might remove all refrigerant from one unit and weigh it. See if that matches the nameplate on unit. I highly doubt your location or heavy heat load have anything to do with this problem. I've never removed gas from a brand new unit to make it run properly. There is a slight possibility that factory overcharged but I've never seen or heard of that before. Is it tripping at certain times of day? Such as cold outside and heavy heat load inside.

Offdarips

Offdarips

Only when there's a heavy heat load. It could be cold or hot outside. We have one unit that was set @ 73 and it trip, so we decided to set it at 68 and it's been running for two days now. I pump the unit down with a Robbin air 8 cfm vacuum pump for a hour. Gauges were reading -29.9
I will try to recover all the freon and weigh it back in next
Thanks

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Only when there's a heavy heat load. It could be cold or hot outside. We have one unit that was set @ 73 and it trip, so we decided to set it at 68 and it's been running for two days now. I pump the unit down with a Robbin air 8 cfm vacuum pump for a hour. Gauges were reading -29.9
I will try to recover all the freon and weigh it back in next
Thanks

That way of measuring vacuum isn't correct. Need a micron gauge. Vacuum pump time should be enough but it doesn't tell u if u have a minute leak which would be difficult to find with pressure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom