Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

It should have a night time set back via the timer function, linesets normally are not included unless the company that's distributing decides to add it but it wont be pre charged. If you want to know everything there is to know about Mitsubishi go to website mylinkdrive.com and chose the flag from what ever country you may be from and you'll find everything you ever wanted to know about that brand. I think Mitsubishi and Daikin are the 2 best brands but the others will work fine as long as you install them properly and are sized right, make sure you have all the options you want. My opinion only, is that seer ratings are more of a sales gimmick than very practical. I'm sure i'll catch some hell for that but that's how I feel, I could go into a very long story to say why but I basically don't think its a big deal.[/QUOTE

IMO, for our industry, seer ratings don't matter as much as they will for another type of customer. For the most part mini split seer ratings are based on the fact that the unit will be running at partial speed some of the time. In our industry that doesn't happen as much. But for a residence, seer ratings do matter and will save money because their heat load is more fluctuating and the unit will run at partial speed more.

KtidyFarms

KtidyFarms

I would never install anything that isn't variable speed but the difference between a 13 seer with a freq drive and a 18 seer with a freq drive I feel is hardly worth the price difference. Also a note, a lot of the other cheap brands may say variable speed but are not truly variable speed but have steps of freq that they run at, so that's another risk with cheap equipment, but I guess that would still be better than a 2 stage compressor.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

OK, OK... Message received lol. Looks like I'll be getting a Mr slim and having to hunt down a tech that's trustworthy enough to bring around the work place. Nothing in life is ever easy! :)

Thanks for the reply tho
I hear you foo dog. .. it's really hard to understand the amount of paranoia and safety that has to go into these kinds of decisions in non-med states, or areas with rippers. Be clean and safe during the install and who you hire.

Last edited:
KtidyFarms

KtidyFarms

FooDoo if you have to hire someone your not sure if you can trust or not get your self to a point where you can empty your room out and clean it up some and make up some story for what you need it for, if you own your home you can say your starting your internet based business and your making this your server room, that it was your server room but you had to move your equipment out because what you got now wasn't cutting it and had to lease a place to run it until you get this room completed and it needs to be takin care of soon as possible because its costing you an arm and a leg to operate out of house or some bullshit story like that.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

FooDoo if you have to hire someone your not sure if you can trust or not get your self to a point where you can empty your room out and clean it up some and make up some story for what you need it for, if you own your home you can say your starting your internet based business and your making this your server room, that it was your server room but you had to move your equipment out because what you got now wasn't cutting it and had to lease a place to run it until you get this room completed and it needs to be takin care of soon as possible because its costing you an arm and a leg to operate out of house or some bullshit story like that.

Great advice, way better to have a clean room and be safe.

S

Seed Buyer

Foo...have you checked out the below product? With these tools and some time on youtube I bet you could do it yourself.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

CJ, so far so good. absolutely no moisture on my intake ducting from the ac to the intake fan. also, since I wrapped the exhaust with 10' of r6, the temps dropped about 4* in the room I have the ac in.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

I have ran a 'single' room set up, since moving to a med state. I run a perpetual grow with a weekly harvest. I've been thinking about changing things up a little and going to a two week rotation. I want to know if this type of set up would work. I don't want to do all the work and disrupt my schedule only to discover it won't work.

First off the whole area/space is for flowering, veg is done in a completely different room. I want to create 5 small rooms inside my large room, I should to be able to then tailor the RH and other environmental conditions to better suit the stage of growth.

So my questions are

1.) Which layout left or right? ( I just realized I didn't draw in 'exhaust' fans in layout on right, oops )

2.) Can I just cool the work area/hall way and use fans to blow air in and out of each room? Would there be enough air exchange for the AC, dehuey and co2. I'd size fans accordingly of course.

I'm not real good at computer stuff, but I made these sketches

Layout 1 Layout 2

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

I should have added that I currently just dump the air from the ac into the room, no ducts, straight shot from air handler.
3 1/2 ton unit

KtidyFarms

KtidyFarms

rub your best bet is with the ductwork and a 5 zone control board with dampers will do the best job at keeping rooms cool over the keeping hall cool and trying to blow air in and out, your mixed air near the end of the hall will always be mixing with the cool air so they wont get as cool. If you do the dampers don't forget your barometric damper also.

lolli you asked john so I wont answer but I have all the answers, good luck, and that unit wont cool with out something for the condenser but im sure john will fill you in on that

F

FooDoo

Foo...have you checked out the below product? With these tools and some time on youtube I bet you could do it yourself.

I'm sure I could, just watched a video on how to charge a line set.

However I found a 50 year old HVAC medical patient who owns his own company and has been doing this for almost as long as I've been alive that I trust to install everything for me.

I'm going to have him service my ideal air 24k 13 seer unit to get it back to 100% and then I'll have him purchase me and install a Mitsubishi unit after this crop finishes

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

@CannabisJohn non med state so no go on mini split what is your thought on the ceiling mount units?

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/h...-air-conditioner-2-ton-23500-btu-water-cooled

Where are u going to get water to cool the condenser? Can't use city water (too much waste, and too much hard minerals). You need an air cooled unit not water cooled.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

KtidyFarms

KtidyFarms

And it seems like a lot of money for a 2 ton with 407c as the refrigerant, but if your installing it next to an outdoor wall with no more than 5' of duct for the supply or return for the condenser your probally good, condenser fans aren't made for the static pressure that indoor blowers are made for

lollipopman

lollipopman

What are u going to do with the hot air coming off the condenser? I've tried to vent hot air from condensers inside of a bldg and it's hard. Never seem to work right (lost capacity or unit won't work at all) when it's hot outside. Just my opinion.
After finding some videos on it I see what you are saying. Looks like a slim is going to work the best. Thanks for pointing out the flaws in these..

Latest posts

Top Bottom