Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey john I was wondering what your opinion was about mounting a mini split condenser to the wall? I've seen it done before and I seen the brackets for sale on eBay specifically for this. I would assume that cleaning the fins out would be a task unless you left a 2 inch gap and used compressed air instead of water. I have a low key spot where there is an inside corner in my house that would be perfect for this application as none of my neighbors would see it. Then again I could just build a fence around my central ac and my mini.

Be careful. Make sure you have proper clearances per manufacturer.

CaliShark

CaliShark

@CannabisJohn can you recommend which model 3 ton Mitsubishi mini split I should get?

F

FooDoo

Just unboxed the Mr slim, man this thing is a million times better quality then the ideal air. Could tell immediately. The outdoor unit is taller with much more fin surface area and a bigger fan. The indoor unit is far better as well.

The ideal air stuff is just a gigantic waste of money. I won't even be keeping this unit as a back up and I can't in good conscience sell it to anyone. Prob take it by the scrap yard.

Btw here's the directions. I honestly feel like I could easily do this.

IMG 20150910 115709590

If my HVAC buddy comes back by and offers to do this for free with me supervising than I'll let him do it because when I spoke with him over the phone about the new unit he was trying to say even tho it comes pre charged from factory he might need to add a bit more to fine tune it . so I know I can't trust this guy unless I watch every single step

blazer

blazer

If my HVAC buddy comes back by and offers to do this for free with me supervising than I'll let him do it because when I spoke with him over the phone about the new unit he was trying to say even tho it comes pre charged from factory he might need to add a bit more to fine tune it . so I know I can't trust this guy unless I watch every single step
Most mini-splits come with enough charge for a 60ft give or take of line set it will say in the manual, and should say how much to add per extra length of copper lines.
Glad you got yourself a good unit you'll see the difference!

CaliShark

CaliShark

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Sweet that's the one I was looking at. Just wanted to make sure it was the right one. Is that the average price? Can you get them cheaper then that? I have a HVAC guy wondering if he can buy them cheaper...thanks for the help.

That's a reasonable price. I maybe able to get a little cheaper but not too much.

CaliShark

CaliShark

@CannabisJohn

What's your opinion on daikin?
Product Name : Daikin 36000 BTU Single Zone Cool Only FTXS36LVJU RKS36LVJU Wall Mounted SEER 17.9

My HVAC guys says daikin and Fujitsu and quality units now a days. Only reason I would choose the daikin over Mitsubishi is the higher seed rating.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

@CannabisJohn

What's your opinion on daikin?
Product Name : Daikin 36000 BTU Single Zone Cool Only FTXS36LVJU RKS36LVJU Wall Mounted SEER 17.9

My HVAC guys says daikin and Fujitsu and quality units now a days. Only reason I would choose the daikin over Mitsubishi is the higher seed rating.

Seer rating almost doesn't matter in this industry because our units run full speed 95% of the time they are on. Only worked on one Daikin. It was 2 months old and broke already.

DxHerms

DxHerms

My Fujitsu 3ton has ice forming under the filter on the indoor unit. why? how can i prevent this? what effect will this have on my unit and performance? thanks in advance!

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

My Fujitsu 3ton has ice forming under the filter on the indoor unit. why? how can i prevent this? what effect will this have on my unit and performance? thanks in advance!

I agree it's most likely short of refrigerant.

DxHerms

DxHerms

really? The unit is only 6 months old. running pretty much non stop. would this be due to an installation error or over use?

P

pookie

ok so my situation is i normally leave my mini split on 75 degrees but when the lights go off my temperature goes to 69-70....i have tried to put the mini split on auto mode.for the first day it works good from temp STAYS AT 80 then drops to 75 at night but the next day temps will almost get up to 100 thinking it takes to long to go from heating to cooling cycles .any suggestions ...should i just put the ac on a timer and get a heater for the winter months just seems like such a waste of equipment tho

I'm running a 3ton mini split and have 6 gravitas in the room

F

FooDoo

ok so my situation is i normally leave my mini split on 75 degrees but when the lights go off my temperature goes to 69-70....i have tried to put the mini split on auto mode.for the first day it works good from temp STAYS AT 80 then drops to 75 at night but the next day temps will almost get up to 100 thinking it takes to long to go from heating to cooling cycles .any suggestions ...should i just put the ac on a timer and get a heater for the winter months just seems like such a waste of equipment tho

What brand mini split

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

What size room? And brand of mini split? I would not worry about the drop to 70F with lights out. This is a 10-12 degree drop which most growers like. Also where are u measuring temp to see it drop?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom