• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Cannabis John,
I am having a hell of a time getting York units from my mechanical contractor. We made a huge order of package unit for our commercial buildings at work. I think we ordered 25 yorks and 36 carriers. I got the carriers but the yorks are just trickling in. We ordered back in May. Any ideas?
never got a response, server change?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Cannabis John,
I am having a hell of a time getting York units from my mechanical contractor. We made a huge order of package unit for our commercial buildings at work. I think we ordered 25 yorks and 36 carriers. I got the carriers but the yorks are just trickling in. We ordered back in May. Any ideas?

I replied but it came up weird. Usually takes max of 4-6 weeks. Need to apply pressure to wholesaler. Talk to the manager or go above his head if you don't get satisfactory service.

sixstring

sixstring

Anyone got a link to a online shop that sells Mitsubishi splits,hopefully with free shipping to michigan area.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I replied but it came up weird. Usually takes max of 4-6 weeks. Need to apply pressure to wholesaler. Talk to the manager or go above his head if you don't get satisfactory service.
Voiced my displeasure with my my mechanical contractor got the rest of them in a week.

sumerianak

sumerianak

i have a question; is it better to pull air out of a growroom or push it out? i have 2 outtake, one in the left side of my grow room and on on the left connecting to the dukt attached to the window and wanted to know if the fans work better to pull or push air out, thanks.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

i have a question; is it better to pull air out of a growroom or push it out? i have 2 outtake, one in the left side of my grow room and on on the left connecting to the dukt attached to the window and wanted to know if the fans work better to pull or push air out, thanks.

I can't think of a reason that either way is better as long as the suction side of fan has no or very little duct IMO.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I have heard it is better to blow through any kind of ventilation inside like lights so your air leaks don't suck the smell out. I don't think it matters much, if you vent outside it stinks

sumerianak

sumerianak

i have no problem with smell, no1 is allowed into our yard anyway. i've heard also that it's better to push air out rather than suck, longevity of the fan gets higher by 30'%, other then that aspect i don't know if it's better or worse.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I have heard it is better to blow through any kind of ventilation inside like lights so your air leaks don't suck the smell out. I don't think it matters much, if you vent outside it stinks

He's gonna have smell because he's venting his room not just his lights

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Yeah it all smells. I used to suck outside air blow through the lights and exhaust outside I'd somehow the exhaust still stunk bad.
You could just get some co2 and a kick ass ac and seal the place up.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

i have no problem with smell, no1 is allowed into our yard anyway. i've heard also that it's better to push air out rather than suck, longevity of the fan gets higher by 30'%, other then that aspect i don't know if it's better or worse.

I used to think we didn't have to worry about smell. We are on 10 acres and it started to stunk up a area about the size of a city block. If the wind is just right it will blow out everything downwind. My friends would ask me what's up just from driving by. Unless u are a mile from anyone I would worry about smell

gingerhazed

gingerhazed

Question: I've got a 2250 watt 3 light grow in a 12x10 room with a 24k mini split cooling everything. The remote is the temperature sensor for the a/c - would the best place to put the remote be at canopy height directly under the lights to get the most accurate representation of plant conditions? I'll have great air movement in the room but am concerned that the a/c will be turning off and on very often. Also, I've got an Iponic 614 that controls all my other accessories and it does have empty ports for connecting an a/c unit to it (and my Panasonic mini split has readily available sensors and what appears to be accessible wiring). Is this worth the trouble? I can't find great information on this stuff anywhere, and the only reason I want to connect the a/c to the Iponic is so I can program separate day and nighttime temperatures.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer! You've already been a huge resource for me.

gingerhazed

gingerhazed

Question: I've got a 2250 watt 3 light grow in a 12x10 room with a 24k mini split cooling everything. The remote is the temperature sensor for the a/c - would the best place to put the remote be at canopy height directly under the lights to get the most accurate representation of plant conditions? I'll have great air movement in the room but am concerned that the a/c will be turning off and on very often. Also, I've got an Iponic 614 that controls all my other accessories and it does have empty ports for connecting an a/c unit to it (and my Panasonic mini split has readily available sensors and what appears to be accessible wiring). Is this worth the trouble? I can't find great information on this stuff anywhere, and the only reason I want to connect the a/c to the Iponic is so I can program separate day and nighttime temperatures.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer! You've already been a huge resource for me.

Sealed room with 8ft ceilings, I should add.

Doc G

Doc G

I think placing your remote with in your canopy would be the best choice. I too had this same question. I did see a difference in temp flux and canopy temps.

As for your a/c turning on and off... maybe in the future if your unit isn't inverter you can upgrade to one.. their is no turning on & off with inverter style split systems to my understanding, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

gingerhazed

gingerhazed

I think placing your remote with in your canopy would be the best choice. I too had this same question. I did see a difference in temp flux and canopy temps.

As for your a/c turning on and off... maybe in the future if your unit isn't inverter you can upgrade to one.. their is no turning on & off with inverter style split systems to my understanding, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Panasonic E24RKUA <----- this is the a/c that I have. definitely an inverter style and that's good info to know about them.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

All of the brands of mini splits I've seen don't have the temperture sensor in its remote. The remote just sets the temp. The sensor is in the air handler.

MSH

MSH

What size would I need for a 10x4x7 room? I have no idea how many watts I could get away with in such a small room but would like to be able to use 4x 600w HPS lamps or 4x 630w CMH.

Where in Cali are you located?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

What size would I need for a 10x4x7 room? I have no idea how many watts I could get away with in such a small room but would like to be able to use 4x 600w HPS lamps or 4x 630w CMH.

Where in Cali are you located?

Room size matters very little. Only amount of light. 1.5 ton unit would be enough for either setup you mentioned. I in San Diego area

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
I need 9 tons in a sealed room. I have 6-7k to spend. Suggestions?

Latest posts

Top Bottom