Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
3 ton is way too big for 3 x 315w lec lol.just grab a 12000 btu portable or window shaker.if you use a mini split there will be a lineset to the condenser no matter what.
Overkill, think about the future. Maybe someday you'll change your mind about lighting. Jump up to a couple 1000w gavits when you get your feet off the ground. 3 ton for that size room would be the capacity to sustain plant life in that environment.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
If you oversize the ac unit you will be dealing with humidity issues because the unit will be cycling to fast. You want to size the ac to be as close to the heat load as possible so it doesn't short cycle. The cooling acts as a dehumidifier only when its cooling.

N

NoFr1ends

If you oversize the ac unit you will be dealing with humidity issues because the unit will be cycling to fast. You want to size the ac to be as close to the heat load as possible so it doesn't short cycle. The cooling acts as a dehumidifier only when its cooling.
Makes sense when ya think about it. Thanks for that. I was first thinking just a 12k BTU but then maybe 24k would be better.

N

NoFr1ends

3 ton is way too big for 3 x 315w lec lol.just grab a 12000 btu portable or window shaker.if you use a mini split there will be a lineset to the condenser no matter what.
Yup I wanted to get a mini split but jut sure HOA is going to be keen on a line set on the outside of the building. Same boat with window ac. Still waiting. No news is good news right

sixstring

sixstring

Makes sense when ya think about it. Thanks for that. I was first thinking just a 12k BTU but then maybe 24k would be better.
9000k btu is plenty for 1500w of lighting.so unless you plan to expand your townhouse hoa bs growroom to 4kw in lighting the 24,000 btu is waaaaay too big and 3 tons is big enough for 6000w of gavita.your lighting calls for about 6000btu to cool it in a sealed room ;) not to mention the costs associated with buying and running a/c units that are oversized by 300% is crazy silly talk here when you dont even know if you can have a window unit.i would highly advise you go buy a 12000 to 15000 btu portable and dont tell that hoa shit about your plan to grow pot lol

Junk

Junk

9000k btu is plenty for 1500w of lighting.so unless you plan to expand your townhouse hoa bs growroom to 4kw in lighting the 24,000 btu is waaaaay too big and 3 tons is big enough for 6000w of gavita.your lighting calls for about 6000btu to cool it in a sealed room ;) not to mention the costs associated with buying and running a/c units that are oversized by 300% is crazy silly talk here when you dont even know if you can have a window unit.i would highly advise you go buy a 12000 to 15000 btu portable and dont tell that hoa shit about your plan to grow pot lol
Sixstring!

What's up mang?

sixstring

sixstring

Sixstring!

What's up mang?
same ole same ole,sqeezin oranges to make tang ,,,mang :cool: high as a kite in a hurricane puffin some newer tk,kinda tangy lol,as to my first comment:D

N

NoFr1ends

Should I get a double hose portable then?

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Has anyone ever seen a line set cover, lol. We use them all the time. Any ac guy that is actually a ac guy would just run the line set in a line set cover, paint the cover to match the house and there you have it. Rich people that have us install ac's don't want to see a ugly line set either.

You almost can't oversize a good quality mini split because they run on inverters. They never shut off, they don't cycle. They just speed up and slow down. I have a 2 ton on a 1200w veg room. It used to be a 4 light flower room. Works great. The cost difference from a 1 ton to a 2 ton is marginal but 3 ton units start getting expensive. Those dual hose ac's that I've seen are expensive. Mini splits shit all over them.

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

anyone help me out? Hoa might not let me install a lineset for a split ac, or a window ac. Not sure what else are my options? try to do a stealthy double hose portable. Hmm let's see!

I'd go for overkill and get your registers setup up right

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

Has anyone ever seen a line set cover, lol. We use them all the time. Any ac guy that is actually a ac guy would just run the line set in a line set cover, paint the cover to match the house and there you have it. Rich people that have us install ac's don't want to see a ugly line set either.

You almost can't oversize a good quality mini split because they run on inverters. They never shut off, they don't cycle. They just speed up and slow down. I have a 2 ton on a 1200w veg room. It used to be a 4 light flower room. Works great. The cost difference from a 1 ton to a 2 ton is marginal but 3 ton units start getting expensive. Those dual hose ac's that I've seen are expensive. Mini splits shit all over them.
M

Just get a five ton and zone it out and out ac in your place then if you shut down you room you could build an office or guest room

N

NoFr1ends

I have seen the line set covers, they look like a rain gutter. How's the 2 ton work with the 4K light setup? You in California? Haha

hiboy

hiboy

Of course but when u live in a hoa it's up to them if you can put a line set cover up the walls
I love minis but u gots go with what's allowed
Hb

N

NoFr1ends

Of course but when u live in a hoa it's up to them if you can put a line set cover up the walls
I love minis but u gots go with what's allowed
Hb

Yep I'm going to go with a mini if they allow the lineset.. Not sure what's taking them so long. Could I run the lineset on the inside of the pad somehow?

hiboy

hiboy

Yep I'm going to go with a mini if they allow the lineset.. Not sure what's taking them so long. Could I run the lineset on the inside of the pad somehow?
Your line set has to be connected from the condenser to the air handler
If you're on the same level as the condenser you could shoot straight in the room Could go straight inside and run it exposed in the room
Hb

Top Bottom